Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade June 21, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished reading the upgrades, and there are some I think are good measures to implement.

Love the return of the member birthdays on the forum's home page display, just don't know where they'd be listed... In the "View Who's Online/Newest Member" listing after all the forum sections?

The draft editor will come in handy for other people, but I like the fact that it'll have a feature to show new posts posted while you were writing your own reply, cutting down on the ziffles.

Intrigued as to the +/- Quote option to help with the Multiquote Reply as that never really worked well for me.

There are questions I have as well as suggestions to make, just LMK in what thread they'd be appropriate to make them public.

Thanks for all your work on improving the forum Phil. :jim:

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I really love this upgrade! It's so much cooler! I think you should add more sprites for it though, add more different characters like Constantine, Lips, Nigel, Trumpet Girl, Abby Cadabby, Uncle Traveling Matt... etc.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another noticeable thing I like is that I get a thread's full title and punctuated entonation (if it's a question or exclamation marked thread title) when browsing through the forum's main page.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent, excellent work here Phillip! Question! Can you still add color to text?
Font type, color and size are disabled to maximize compatibility across all devices. Thanks for your understanding with this. All the other normal options (plus the new ones like spoiler tags, drafts etc.) are of course present.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
After using it for a little while, I like it! It is much simpler to use on a mobile device, and I like how it has a "new look" but not really.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'll need to get used to it, but for now it seems legitimate. As of now the "save draft" feature is something I like, because if I don't finish my post, I can just save and write more later, helps with fan-fics. Anyways, I just learned that I can't go more than a day without posting here, I mean, it felt like I was going cold-turkey, because I was so anxious to post on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I love it! Makes navigating on my phone much easier when I can't always be on a computer. :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Well, if I do post a chapter or start something new (fanfic wise) and use the "save draft" button, that would mean that I would be preventing myself from posting anything right away with spelling errors or anything that doesn't sound correct and coming back to it later. That does sound a lot better than posting it right away, because where did that lead to me to? Well, everybody else would think I would be not trying hard enough as a good writer. In the future, I am going to have editors for my fanfics right away if I do take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.