Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughs at image of Claire arriving at the breakfast table to find Pepe introduced as her new Papa*

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
LOL ... yeah. As weirded out as Mom was by all the other Muppets ("put newspaper down"? can you GET more offensive to your neighbors?), she seems ... um ... perfectly cool with Pepe. More of that talk and I think young Claire might have a new daddy by New Years. ROFL....
Yeah, I noticed that too. She had no problem with Pepe, but was really weird about all the other Muppets.

It was cute to see someone Pepe had the hots for kind of return the feelings (Bitterman was only using him, so she doesn't really count.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd love it if one day someone loved Pepe more than Pepe loved them...Sort of, someone (a cameo?) chasing him halfway around the country in love with him like Janice from Friends.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Kind of the way that woman was on Muppets from Space with Animal.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, just that! Or kinda how Piggy is with Kermit...Kermit loves a little, Piggy loves a lot, and Kermit's not always sure what to do with that over-excitment! Hehe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kind of the way that woman was on Muppets from Space with Animal.
That woman is comedian Kathy Griffin. I always liked that bit. She wasn't well-known back then except for her supporting role on Suddenly Susan (headlined by MTM cameo actress Brooke Shields) but now Griffin has that campy, yet funny D-List show. She's admittedly had some work done so she looks a little different. :eek:

I think Muppets and their human guest stars have always had a bit of sexual tension. My memories go back to Rita Moreno's Fever number with Animal on TMS. One of my favorite Muppet moments from the show. Muppet crushes are sweet and a little creepy when reciprocated. :shifty:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
can't wait for someone to upload it onto Youtube. once again we did not get this in the UK.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That woman is comedian Kathy Griffin. I always liked that bit. She wasn't well-known back then except for her supporting role on Suddenly Susan (headlined by MTM cameo actress Brooke Shields) but now Griffin has that campy, yet funny D-List show. She's admittedly had some work done so she looks a little different. :eek:

I think Muppets and their human guest stars have always had a bit of sexual tension. My memories go back to Rita Moreno's Fever number with Animal on TMS. One of my favorite Muppet moments from the show. Muppet crushes are sweet and a little creepy when reciprocated. :shifty:
Mmmm your so right about that one! I also thought thatSweetums got a lot of the girls as well. Hence the name Sweetums.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mmmm your so right about that one! I also thought thatSweetums got a lot of the girls as well. Hence the name Sweetums.
It's creepy, but the good kind of creepy. I will admit the whole GMC Charles Grodin-Miss Piggy thing nearly went up to the ick factor before strategically stepping away from that edge. To me it is the example of just how far that dynamic can go without getting slapped with a "suggestive content" label from the MPAA. :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
humm if Kermit and Piggy where to have a child it would be a bouncing baby Figg. What would it have been if Mr. Holiday and Piggy had a baby Pickles? or what?