1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Live at the Hollywood Bowl September 8-10, 2017

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Yeah, regardless, still looks like it's a blast.

Sincerely hope they bring it to NYC - I'd be there in a heartbeat.

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Was anything from this live at all?

3. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

idk about Beaker yet, some of him sounded like Peter...but also a little bit of Eric. So I'm not sure who Beaker is yet either

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

I can totally tell that's Peter! Plus I saw video of this sketch already...so its obviously Peter

5. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

Definitely. I can tell that's Peter!

6. Muppetfity888

Muppetfity888 New Member

Is there a live stream that I can watch?

7. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

There aren't gonna be any live streams, but clips are showing up on Youtube

pjtoadie and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

My wife and I saw the Friday and Saturday shows. It was great fun to see the performers live on stage, and I'm so glad they went Avenue Q style and let us see the puppeteers (though sometimes shrouded). The second show was better, with more ad-libbing and responding to the audience.

Matt did a good job and is a fine puppeteer, but I wished it was Steve up there. Matt's Kermit seemed to pretty much read his lines and that's it, while I feel like Steve's Kermit would have had more warmth, as he had in many past appearances.

I know that in five years, I'll hardly be able to remember my quibbles with Matt's Kermit. This transition will take time.

The one thing I hope for out of all this is that a new Kermit era prompts the writers to make him more positive. The Bowl show still had evidence of what I call Kranky Kermit Syndrome: when the conductor asks Kermit if all of his friends are weird, he hesitates, then deadpans, "Yes." It gets a laugh, but where's the follow up, "and I love 'em and we're gonna put on a great show, yayyy!"?

And what is the very last thing Kermit does in the whole show? Scold Animal for making noise, then frown and say, "Good grief." We had some other fans near us (people who didn't pack up early and bolt for the exits), and that ending didn't get a laugh from them.

On the plus side, we really enjoyed the opening theme, Movin' Right Along, the corporate spoofery of Pigs in Space, and Pepe taking over the orchestra. And it was great to see it live with a hillside full of fans!

9. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Yolanda got a line in The Magic Store! I didn't expect that since she's not played by one of the core performers. Also the end where the Muppeteers including Ryan Dillon and Carmen Osbahr are reveled and the spotlight the core ones was great.

11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

If there is anything definite about these shows, it's that the puppetry has been the absolute best this group of performers have ever produced.

13. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

Anyone else who watched the videos or went to the live show notice? Brian Henson was an assistant puppeteer! He holding Bunsen Honeydew in the final number

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's not him.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

It could have been Peter Linz or it could have been someone else cause someone on here thought Peter looked like Brian Henson under Robin in the frog number. I assume Brian wouldn't be there.

16. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

It wasn't Peter, because he takes a bow at the end with the core performers, whereas the person holding Bunsen stays behind. And yeah, I don't think it's Brian. If Brian were actually doing it, you'd think they'd bring back Sal.

17. antsamthompson9

Pig's Laundry, did you respond to my post about the Magic Store and the ending with the Muppet performers? Cause my alerts said you quoted me but I can't see it.

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Uh, well I quoted you by mistake but meant to quote someone else, so I quickly edited the post.

19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Ah yeah I didn't even realize that. But yeah I would hope they would bring Sal back if he was back! But that's defiently not him.

20. antsamthompson9

Got it. Also, the guy holding Bunsen is Michelan Sisti.