1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Order the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack scheduled to release Tuesday March 18.

Read the track list and find out all the details on this exciting soundtrack.

Since most of us will be getting the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack, we'd like to mention that if you order the Muppets Most Wanted CD from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the album with a low-price guarantee. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you've purchased the Muppets Most Wanted soundtrack, please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Beginning today, you can also hear the music from "Muppets Most Wanted" on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to Muppet Central Radio 24/7 on Live365 and Radio Terra.

When you hear a song from the soundtrack, please share your thoughts and let us know your feedback.

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I got a copy of the soundtrack yesterday and wow oh wow are the songs so classic! Brett McKenzie really outdid himself this go around! Im thinking alot of these songs could be up for Oscars next year!

4. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

It's pretty strange to say but I don't like the soundtrack as an album. That said, I love the songs on it. Pretty strange. :concern:

The songs on the album are really good but need the images from the movie. The soundtrack of The Muppets is song-based really good as itself. I listen to it regularly. I think I'm not going to listen to the new soundtrack as often. They've ordered a sequel is the one song that just lifts the album. The other one is Together again (obviously). But that song is a little bit ruined because of the second again after Together Again. In the movie it will be hilarious but when I listen to it on the album after the second again I goosebump. It isn't nice to my ears. The rest of the songs are real fun but doesn't have the relisten factor I loved on The Muppets soundtrack.

The demo's are a fun extra. The impressions of Bret are sometimes spot on. It's nice to know how a song got started.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Since I still have to wait another week or so for the album, I've been listening out for it on Live365. The Interrogation Song is the only one I've heard so far and it is AWESOME! As someone who takes music seriously, I'll give the soundtrack a proper review once I have it in my posession.

Diego Fiorucci likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

My favorite songs have to be Were Doing A Sequel, Im Number One and Ill Get You What You Want! Those are just favorites I love all the songs! Together Again sounds pretty amazing except the Russian part its kind of weird!

7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So far, my fave is Welcome To The Big House, but that and I'll Get You What You Want are all I've been able to hear.

The Big House has a delightful 50's doo-wah feel to it, Tina Fay's spoken part and the trumpet sound effects add to my liking of the song overall. :)

Bridget, Phillip and muppetlover123 like this.
  8. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Lol you people are crazy :p I'm not getting the soundtrack until I, like, see the movie.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  9. frog75

frog75 New Member

I just listened to "we're doing a sequel" on Live365 and all I need to say say is: AMAZING!!:fanatic: I loved it. Can't wait till tomorrow to buy the soundtrack.:o

Phillip likes this.
  10. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

I really dig the remake of Together Again (Again!) as the finale, but much like the other numbers it does seem to be missing the context of the movie heavily. That's the only thing I can criticize here: there really aren't any stand-out, standalone numbers here like the 2011 film had. While the songs are fun and catchy with clever lyrics, it's sown quite tightly to the film itself. None of these are going to win an Oscar, but I can say I never, ever expected "Man or Muppet" to nab one in the first place anyways. "We're Doing a Sequel" is obviously the strongest song both comedically and musically.

I'm just anxious to see how it all ties into the final product this Friday!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  11. muppetlover123

I honestly think a couple of songs could go for Oscars! Were Doing A Sequel, Im Number One, Ill Get You What You Want, and Something So Right could defintely go in my opinion!

sofiasaldanha likes this.
  12. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Can someone please put the full version of Moves like Jagger on YouTube? And if there's something in the track that deals with the plot, could you edit that out? Thank you!

13. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Remember in the other thread, when I said that "Something So Right" sounded sappy? Well I was wrong.

Very,

Very wrong.

Simply put, the song is near perfect. Good vocals, instrumentals, and a delightful blend of well known (Piggy, Pepe, Beaker) and lesser known (Link) Muppets. It's almost as if they pulled names from a hat to see which Muppets would be in the song. Although, I actually thought that Link was Statler at first (Wow. I don't get to type that sentence too often), from the way it sounded.

Good god, Matt Vogel is doing a terrific job with Floyd. There are no flaws in his performance as Floyd, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying other performers are off, they're doing spectacular. But, Matt practically replicates Jerry's Floyd. Amazing.

If there's one track that's a shoo-in for an Oscar nomination, it's this one. If you can only buy one song from this album, make sure it's this one.

Amazing.

14. muppetfan64

muppetfan64 New Member

I listened to "we're doing a sequel" on muppet central radio and I loved it!:) the movie comes out this Friday!WHOOOOHOO!;)

15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I went to Walmart here in Sweetwater and they didn't have it at all. ******!!!!:mad: Now i have to go Abliene to find the soundtrack. *runs aways screaming pain*

Edit: Didn't know that that certain word would be bleeped. Oh well that's how i feel.

16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

My favorite song is I'll Get You What You Want (Cockatoo in Malibu). It's such a fun and catchy song. Brett McKenzie's version is incredible as well! :)

17. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's why you shouldn't judge a song until you've FULLY listened to it. So to those who actually have the soundtrack are there any good pictures in the booklet?

18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

First off, Hey! Welcome back!

Second off, I will be getting this in the mail this weekend, so I can upload scans.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Thank you Casey! It's good to be back. I'm just torn on whether it's worth getting the disc or just downloading it off of iTunes.

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I just got it. Walmart had it...(which went today)...and they had it. They didn't have it yesterday. But there are some really cool pictures. There's even a picture of Bret McKenize with a Build A Muppet Character of himself. Pretty funny.
    Favorite Songs:
    Doing A Sequel
    I'm Number One
    The Big House
    Interrogation Song