1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: "Muppets Most Wanted" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2014.

?

How would you rate Muppets Most Wanted?

1. 5 Stars - Perfect

84 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. 4 Stars - Great

67 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. 3 Stars - Good

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. 2 Stars - Fair

7 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. 1 Star - Poor

3 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Say what? :confused::confused:

2. BeakerJanice

BeakerJanice Active Member

I know I already Posted my Choice :) But I will say more :flirt:

,,We're doing a sequel"!A Great song :flirt: And how they all danced :sing:

:mad: :Oh Wow!My dream's comes true!A show in Berlin in the national theatre!I am a doughnut!
    :sing: :What?You are a donut! Awesome!

Animal:Animal knows.
    :) :Animal knows?You will say that Noone of all the Muppets apart from animal realized that I was here in the Gulag??
    Fozzie:He Looks like you and he talks like you! Ok,he talks not like you... ;)

The whole Madrid number and the whole Berlin number were so Great!!

:flirt: :What is that??
    :) :That's a bomb!!!
    :confused: Maybe my new convention Can Help us!The new attracting bomb suit!
    :) : Piggy's Ring is the bomb!!
    That makes me SMILE!! And i call Beaker now the Themse bomber of London :)

All my friends loved ,,something so right" and ,,I'll get you what you want"

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  3. BeakerJanice

I have the Muppets Most Wanted CD and I Heard that someone said:,,You can quit the Muppets??"I thought also it was Lew!:fishy: Really?I think I saw Fozzie trough the window (I don't remember)

4. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I was watching MMW yesterday for the third time and I must say that now that all the hype surrounding the movie has slowed down I've come to realise that this is not really a very good movie, I can very well understand why it did not perform well. I can sit down today and watch MTI or TGMC three times in a row and I'd still be entertained but when it comes to MMW I don't see myself viewing this film on a regular basis as I do with the others.

It's a very slow film, too slow and the more I think about it this is more of a tv episode plot than a movie plot. As a fan just seeing Rowlf and Scooter makes me happy but for those non-diehard fans did they really get anything special? I enjoyed seeing the Muppets but if I'm honest the movie isn't that funny, the plot isn't that captivating and Ricky Gervais' acting in this movie is just terrible but what really gets to me is how boring the film actually is. And can writers please stop writing Kermit as such a negative frog. Kermit: I didn't want to scare you guys but if we don't sell out the show it might mean the end of our world tour maybe even each other. Kermit stop giving up so easily.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the movie because I did but that is only because I am a Muppet fan had I not been one I doubt very much I would have watched the entire movie.

I know many will disagree with me but years later I still remember many standout scenes with the other Muppet movies, in a few years when I look back at MMW there is nothing that makes it stand out.

heralde likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

That's interesting cause I refuse to ever buy MTI. Will strongly agree to disagree with your statement. :D

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I hope my opinion of MMW doesn't change after watching it 50 more times on DVD. I doubt it would, right now it stands at #3 at my list just behind GMC and TMM, hope it doesn't fall. I loved the film, and I hope I continue to love it. Though it is depressing how much negative comments the film has gotten. One youtube commenter even stated that after a while MMW will be remembered as the MFS of the new era of the muppets.:eek:

7. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

MMW is a little long on time, but aside from that there's nothing to complain about. Many people find MTI, GMC and MCC to drag in bits. Personally, I appreciate them all.

The criticism at Gervais is an indicator of a possible premeditated disdain for the picture. All the lead performances in the film were top-notch, including his. :attitude:

The movie is filled with iconic moments. :grr: I love the Big House number, Constantine steals every scene that he's in and the Muppets finally seem to be themselves again. I had an ear-to-ear grin every moment of the movie much like I did after seeing The Muppet Movie in the theater decades ago when I was a very little kid. MMW isn't perfect, but it has the classic Muppet magic.

Also, Kermit is a pragmatist. :) There's a point in many films where he loses faith and finds his way back. That's part of his personality. Sure, he's usually optimistic about things, but he's not some empty-headed cheerleader. I sometimes think modern auds have become lobotomized; that the marriage of silly and sophistication has become too much for them. Humor must either be crass or obvious in order to register and that saddens me. Subversive humor has been lost in the shuffle. :sympathy:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just don't understand why this film would receive any harsh criticism. It's Segel's that was quite a departure for the gang. Even so, I enjoyed that too. :flirt:

My revised ordered preference of Muppet films these days goes something like this:
    The Muppet Movie
    The Great Muppet Caper
    The Muppets Take Manhattan
    Muppets Most Wanted
    The Muppets
    Muppet Treasure Island
    The Muppet Christmas Carol
    Muppets From Space

DrDientes and Mr Sweetums like this.
  8. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I definitely agree that it has the classic Muppet feel, I think that is what I most like about the movie. I actually think it has a more Muppety feel than The Muppets (2011) yet for some reason every time I watch The Muppets I just seem to like it more and more and MMW although a great movie I get board whilst watching it.

I'm not saying it's a bad movie at all but when I look at it from a non-fan point of view I can see how people would get tired of watching the film, not because they don't like it but just because it's a bit slow. There are so many obscure characters in the background and so many fan nuggets, this is a love letter to the fans but to the casual Muppet viewer I just don't see this movie being exciting enough.

And regarding Ricky Gervais I'm a huge fan for years, I love The Office (U.K) I grew up watching that and then moved on to the American Version and since then have always followed Ricky Gervais. He is crazy, he is loud, he is a Muppet himself so I do not understand why he looks so uncomfortable in all his scenes. If he's supposed to be acting like this uncomfortable henchmen then well done if not then I'm disappointed. Ricky Gervais is a great actor and comedian but he didn't bring his A game to this at all.

:news: My favourite to least favourite Muppet movies in order

1) The Great Muppet Caper
    2) The Muppet Movie
    3) The Muppets Take Manhattan
    4) Muppet Treasure Island
    5) The Muppets
    6) Muppets Most Wanted
    7) Muppets From Space
    8) The Muppet Christmas Carol

9. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

That's cool. Your Muppet movie tastes are actually pretty darn close to mine. As for Ricky, I don't think the writers gave him enough to do. Tina either, for that matter. Burrell is the surprise here. He gives it his all with the very little he's given. I'd say the writing is about 80% back to the classic magic of the Jim era. Not all of the stars shined in his projects either. Gervais delivers all of his lines with a highly-skilled deadpan that works for the part. However, I much prefer him in interviews with Constantine. The pure joy just drips from those appearances.

That gets me back to the writing. I think the Muppets are on the right track, but it's time to bring Thatcher and the gang back to the franchise. Honestly, there were some writers in the post-Jim era that I didn't like. I'm not going to name them, but they were the ones responsible for a kiddification of the Muppets. It's okay with me if none of those individuals returned. But the good thing here is that they finally found the right tone.

My biggest problem with MMW (that I give 4 out of 5 stars) is their adding too many plot elements to it. They should have kept that simpler. Oh, and lets stop with the Kermit & Piggy wedding stuff. It's become tiresome and their dynamic is much more interesting than a ceremony. But those are minor gripes. I love this film. Saw it twice in the theaters and can't wait for the extended cut. It was a little long, but I'm ready to see the extra bits at my leisure in my home. :)

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  10. BeakerJanice

11. Pinkflower7783

I can't read the long posts. But I'll just say I loved MMW it wasnt perfect but no film is. It had everything that the previous films haven't had in a long time since the Jim Henson era. Kermit is finally back to being Kermit and I can't ask for anything more then that. :) :jim:

Dominicboo1 and sesamemuppetfan like this.
  12. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Amen.

13. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Do you have any more?

14. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I'm not sure. I may have to do it myself, instead of waiting for my friend.

15. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Even when there is no music it doesn't sound very much different.

16. BertsNose

BertsNose Member

"We're Doing a Sequel" was the best opener for Muppets Most Wanted. It was a great bouncy fun song and "The Interrogation Song" was really funny. I might have had more to say about the other musical numbers if I joined this forum after I saw the movie. I can't wait for the DVD already. It was a genius idea to have the antagonist Constantine be a doppelganger for our hero Kermit.

17. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Look what I just found on YouTube! A man proposing to his girlfriend, and wait 'til you see what song he uses to help this happen!

18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Thats so cool!

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Not only that, but I think that the man proposing here looks a little bit like Dominic Badguy what with his white suit, beard, etc.

20. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

Where does Scooter sing his rendition of Moves Like Jagger with Pepe? Berlin or Madrid? That's one of the questions i've had for a while now ever since seeing the movie in theaters.