Your Thoughts: Muppets on Disney's Christmas Parade

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed all of it. It was neat seeing the WOO preview. Can't wait for it now. This is going to be one of the coolest made for TV movie of next year. Love seeing Scooter and Sweetums in the preview too. Hope Sweetums talks in this one and hope to see the EMB do some stuff and have talking parts too. Can't wait to see what they do for the 50th annif. for the muppets. But all and all I love every bit of the Disney parade.

T

timrikthegorf

I noticed a difference in Kermit as well. I switched from MCC to the parade and the voice has gotten lower and rougher. Nothing major, just age.

Someone should let these puppet builders in on a little movie called The Great Muppet Caper. Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Sam, and basically everyone but animal and Janice looked best in the movie. Piggy today has huge eyes and is just....yuck.

beaker

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I noticed a difference in Kermit as well. I switched from MCC to the parade and the voice has gotten lower and rougher. Nothing major, just age.

Someone should let these puppet builders in on a little movie called The Great Muppet Caper. Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Sam, and basically everyone but animal and Janice looked best in the movie. Piggy today has huge eyes and is just....yuck.
As long as the puppet builders dont see the Jim Frawley screen test, Piggy from that and the first couple seasons of TMS looked absolutely attrocious. Anyways, it truly was a pain for me watching that Disney 2 hour thing, mostly because a lot of Disney stuff(like Cinderella) makes my skin crawl...and I mean they had B'rer Rabbit and Bear from Song of the South on some float, even tho Disney wont even acknowlege the existence of that great classic. (and then they went into that sterile song about the Iraq war which was kind of morose and depressing if ya think about it) So in summary, this was like finding a couple of golden cernels in a pile of doo. I think the Muppets work best live when it isnt forced, like on the morning shows, late night talk shows, etc.

As a contrast, I watched Muppets@WDW right after, and loved each and every second of it...so Muppets and Disney can coalese together, just not in this Xmas day parade setting.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well,I just watched it yesterday and it was a very nice one! :smile:

turlem

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Sure, that's easy, I'll make an avi version of it. I'll be busy tomorrow during the day, but I should be able to edit the Muppet footage together tomorrow night.
great! i live on the east and couldn't see it

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Time machine?

It's 3/4 ver and most of it is a commercial for Disney, which is to be expected. There was a fantastic commercial for the WoO movie. It really looks good. I saw Scooter and Sweetums as well as Sam and Bunsen and Beaker. There were also some interesting new creatures that are residents of Oz. I think this will be a good movie.
Hmmm. I just saw Kermit, Piggy and Gonzo. Then again, I just saw the second half of the show. I got it on tape, so maybe I'll check out the first half and see if I catch any other Muppets. :confused:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmm. I just saw Kermit, Piggy and Gonzo. Then again, I just saw the second half of the show. I got it on tape, so maybe I'll check out the first half and see if I catch any other Muppets. :confused:
They were in the commercial! not the parade!:smile: :wink:

T

timrikthegorf

Yep. Only Kemit, Piggy, and Gonzowere in the parade, and Gonzo only had a short clip. I wish they had a few more characters. A Statler and Waldof clip is always good, though those characters seem forced these days.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yall make me sometimes mad. All the time the Muppets where in a dull stage and not really doing much we all complained. Now that they are out and doing stuff we complain that Disny is controling them. As far as im conserined Disny can contorl them all they want to. Just so long as they are do fimls and shows and such. I mean some in here even where so wantting the new muppet web site, and when it came out a lot of us where extrimly to critical of it.

Now on the point of being to critcal i to have had my share of that with the Muppets. In 1992 The frist Muppet movie that was made after Jim's death was made i was so so critical of this movie that i hated it for years. Untill last year when they had it at the movie store where i rent movies. i saw it and was in love with it. I think as storys go its the best Muppet movie by far. So give them time to get use to things and such we will have a great new year with the Muppets im sure of it.