Your Thoughts: Muppets on Extreme Makeover

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
DannyRWW said:
I'm surprised that they have Fozzie, Animal, and Piggy. Also surprised that there was no Gonzo.
It seems to me like they wanted to keep it simple (and maybe save money), so they probably just sent Steve, Eric, and one or two second tier puppeteers to assist and fill in for Fozzie when Eric was doing Piggy. So Eric probably did Animal. Too bad they couldn't work in some other of their characters like Rizzo or Sam the Eagle. :attitude:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can someone give me details?

__

Interprited:

Cn Sum1 giv I dtls.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really liked it--only complaint is that I wanted more time with the Muppets! I'll record the other show tonight, though, and hopefully there will be more muppetty goodness. My favorite part (like others, it seems), was when Kermit yelled at the stuffed animals to get back to work. I also really liked the chemistry between the characters when they were interacting with each other at the beginning. It all seemed right-on.

Yay!!! :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
My Two Cents Worth.

I liked it. It was wonderful. I waited an half hour (actually probably more) for the Muppets to show up. And when they did...I squealed (I'm not kidding). I also got kicked out of the room (don't ask). I understand (sort of) why the Muppets didn't have much screen time, but I wanted more. All in all, wonderful and can't wait until tonight. Also in the GelflingWaldo files Gelfling has a good summary of the muppety appearances (which were few).

As far as the house goes it was beautiful (when they finished it). I only have two complaints about this Makeover. 1) I didn't like the Master Bedroom, but then again that was my complaint. 2) Write on walls?? Nice idea but a two year old ain't gonna know when to stop (which was displayed when one of them wrote on the bathroom door)

Whatever

Reaction score
I was disappointed. They weren't on for very long, and Kermit with the microphone was annoying. The rest of it was very nice, though. I wonder if Kevin Clash was doing Piggy there too.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I doubt that. Eric has been the official performer of Miss Piggy for quite a while now. I really don't think Kevin does much outside of Sesame Street these days, but I'm guessing they did have an additional Muppateer when Piggy and Fozzie were shown at the same time.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I don't know, first of all I'm not into these home makeover/reality shows so that was a turn off for me from the get go. I liked seeing the Muppets, I think Eric Jacobson is doing a fabulous job with the characters..nice to see Fozzie but I'm sorry I'm glad I taped this show because I fast forwarded through most of it. I thought it was too fast paced, not enough of the Muppets, and I would've liked to have seen them interact with the family's small children. I don't know it just didn't do for it me. I don't like the way ABC/Disney is trying to force the Muppets into all these "trendy" shows that a year from now nobody's going to remember. I'll be honest, I love the Muppets always will, but I've been less than impressed with their recent appearances and projects lately.
Melissa

Katzi428

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I enjoyed the whole thing. I was also glad to see Fozzie and Kermit together. Animal was funny too. Who was doing Animal? It didn't sound so much like John Kenndy. But I loved every minute of it. I keeped hoping that the Swidish Chef would pop up from behind the kitchen counter. Now that would of been funnier. Can't wait for more tomorrow. YEAAAAA!!!! :smile: :mad: :embarrassed:
I also thought it would have been funny to see The Swedish Chef in the kitchen trying to organize things.
I was hysterically laughing when Miss Piggy was flirting with Ty Pennington! "HOLY MARACAS!Who's the guy with the hair?"

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I was disappointed. They weren't on for very long, and Kermit with the microphone was annoying.
1) The show wasn't about the Muppets, it was about the family. That's always been the bottom line in each and ever episode of EM:HE - the family comes first. Ty wouldn't even push one renovation back a week after he went to the hospital for an appendectomy because he didn't want the family to go another week with the conditions they were living in.

2) Kermit with the bullhorn was annoying? But of course! Ty is annoying every week with his bullhorn; why shouldn't Kermit get in on it?