1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The wait is finally over. Today the new Muppets Green and Red Christmas CD is released. When you get your copy, post here and let us know what you think.

Read our review of this exciting release here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/green_red_cd.shtml

Also, If you order the Green and Red Christmas CD from the link below, a portion of the order will go back to Muppet Central, helping us keep the site and new projects coming in the future.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IFRQ90/muppetcentral/
  2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i called my 2 WalMart's, a Disney store and Target and NO ONE has it! :( :grouchy: :cry:
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I didn't see it at my local Sam Goody, but haven't checked anywhere else.
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

5. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

A Green and Red Christmas

Got the cd today.....

Curiousity questions......

The pamphlet with the cd mentions Jerry Nelson's name.

What track is he on ?

Track 7 with Floyd,Animal & Zoot is definatly not Jerry's Floyd.

Is he doing background singing for track 10 - Christmas Smorgasbord ?

The Floyd voice on this CD sounds like a combo of Little Jerry/Lips.

Is it Steve providing Floyd's voice on the cd ?

The Muppet Performers per the booklet are as follows:
    Bill Barretta,Dave Goelz,Louise Gold,Eric Jacobson,Jerry Nelson,Karen Prell,Mike Quinn,David Rudman,and Steve Whitmire

Thanks

Michael
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

*BREATHS HEAVY* OH MY GOSH!! WHERE DID U FIND UR COPY DUDE!?? :excited: i called alover and NO one near me has it! :(
  7. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

Got mine from the company that owns em directly :)

If anyone in NYC is looking for it and can't find it, The World of Disney Store in NYC on 5th Avenue had a whole lot of em this afternoon and at a very reasonable price of $9.98.

You just had to look for em as its on the very bottom shelf of the CD section.

The CD is very good in my opinion, but nothing beats the original Muppets Christmas album :)

The new songs mixed with classic songs are great.

Any other questions, feel free to ask...

BTW, you can go to Buy.com and download the CD for 9.99 or various tracks for .99 each.

Michael
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

well thanks for the tip dude! :) but the NYC World of Disney store would be a 5 1/2 hour drive for me, lol. even tho I've been there twice :smirk: I JUST ordered it from the DisneyShopping.com site, so it will be here in a few days! .......atleast i have it now! :)
  9. Stulz

Stulz Member

Bn

Yeah I tried Target and Best Buy today near me and neither had it.

Going to call Barnes and Noble after work to see if they have it.

Anyone else have any luck finding it at any non-Disney stores?

OH, BTW on Barnes& Nobles website you can listen to a 30 second sample of each track!
  10. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

There's a classic Floyd line after his song "The Man with the bag" in reference to Miss Piggy's Santa Baby which is next.

Floyd's line --- "Ok take five..Miss Fatback's On"
  11. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

I have a feeling that the CD will be more available and appearing in stores alot more come November when the Christmas music is on the shelves.

I too also tried Bestbuy and they did not have it.
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

yeah TURE, about it come November. BUT i couldnt wait any longer! lol ;) :p

oh! and heres the B&N site someone sayed about: http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?z=y&EAN=050086163571&itm=1

Dad heard me JUST playin the clips and he sayed "Hey Rowlfs back!?"

hey also gang, remeber some of us (including me) couldnt find the "new" emmit otter dvd lastyear (2005) in stores the day it was released, like MOST of us here, i ordered it online too!
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I'll slowly wait for this cd, not really excited, more into buying the Nostalgia Set. But it seems pretty neat.
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

You can get the whole album on iTunes for $10! I just found it.
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Floyd sounds interesting. A little too gravelly I think. Not sure if Zoot actually sings in that song. He has a sax solo though. I'd have to listen to the rest of the song though. I just heard the 20 second sample. The CD sounds pretty good so far. I look forward to hearing all of it! Disappointing that Kermit doesn't sing very much on it for a Muppet album, but oh well. A lot of Electric Mayhem stuff so that is something for the fans to cheer for. Actually the EM has the very first song on there. I think this is a great new Muppet release and especially since it's about Christmas!
  16. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Why does "Zat You Santa Claus" say it's performed by Bowling For Soup on the Disney Records page?
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

So, listening to the clips on Barnes and Noble...Is that Rowlf on Zat You Santa Claus? Or is it Dr. Teeth? Sounds more like the good doctor to me.
  18. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

Its Dr. Teeth on Zat You Santa Claus

Rowlf is on The Christmas Party Sing-Along
  19. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

When I heard the EM Band and Rowlf, I had an ill feeling in my stomach. :(
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

It's Dr. Teeth, Ryan. Rowlf sings in "The Christmas Party Sing-Along". The other EM song is "Run Run Rudolph".

By the way, you can get the CD from iTunes also.