1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Marky

Marky Member

10 bucks? really? Actually, Christmas CDs are generally cheaper, aren't they. Well, I'm sure I'll end up buying this before my birthday (Nov. 9th)!
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Marky, it is very worth it. Some great new songs. My favorite is Rizzo and Gonzo singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." Some nice Rizzo/Gonzo banter in there.
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

X-mas cds are also usually a bunch of song recorded a long time ago that the record company has the rights to. This is a newly recorded cd, 12 new tracks. What more do you want? I know I'm negative, but it seems you can't be pleased.
  4. Marky

Marky Member

... you misunderstand me.

I wasn't being cynical. I am going to buy this. People here say it's entertaining, and I'll take their word for it.

I glad Chistmas CDs are a bargain! Heck, I got the John Denver Muppet one at a gas station for $6.99!
  5. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

A lot of that goin around. :sing:
  6. Marky

Marky Member

LOL!

It's not easy being Marky...
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Now that should be on the next CD... "It's not easy bein' Marky" :)
  8. Marky

Marky Member

LOL! Nah, I'd get slammed for my less-than stellar Heson voice!
    I got a passing grade for my Frank Oz voices though!

:( :o :mad: <---!
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Trust me marky, its not easy being Barry Lee either... lol.

but anyways, I re-listened to the tracks, and even though Rowlf and the Doctor don't sound so great, this is hope for the future they will return to various projects.

Just my two cents. (or three either way works)

peace,
    barry :zany:
  10. Marky

Marky Member

Well, I'm not too hard on the others for trying to do Jim's voice. I like Steve's Kermit. I mean, we can't have Jim's, so... it's like that Stephen Stills song

If ya can't be with the one you love
    Honey, love the one your with!

:cool:
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I full heartly agree with you. The voices aren't that great, but they can't get worse in my opinion.
  12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Y'see; Steve's Kermit is the only new voice I haven't fully accepted yet. I'm on board with Eric's takeover of Frank's characters, I'm cool with Bill's takeover of Rowlf and Teeth, and I guess what I mean is; Steve's voice for Kermit is good, but I don't feel the personality is there IMO. Maybe because it's :) I just have a higher bench mark I expect t be reached. :smirk:
  13. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Well I'm very interested to read in this thread, that according to the sleeve notes my favourite West End Musical Theatre performer is singing on the album! - as far as I'm concerned that'll be something to listen out for, and a good reason for getting the album.- There's a quintessential Muppet-Show- sort of voice. [~¦#%
  14. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

They can get worse if I start doing their voices. ;)

I like Steve's Kermit. But for some reason, with all due respect to Eric, I am still having a hard time adjusting to Fozzie and Miss Piggy.

I'm still waiting for the Cd to reach stores in the Toronto area.
  15. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Ordered my CD from Amazon on Wednesday. It shipped Friday so by early next week I should be listening to some Muppet Christmas tunes.
  16. Marky

Marky Member

I think I know what you mean. It sounds kind of like a lot of people's imitation of kermit. Jim Henson put so much of his real voice into Kermit, so his didn't sound 'put on'. But there's a big improvment on SW's behalf from MCC to IAVMMCM (I don't own MWoO, but I don't remember it being bad).
    I disagree with some people saying EJ doesn't have Piggy. It's a believable voice, pretty darn close, and has fooled many people I know. It may not be 100% Frank Oz clone, but doesn't give me a "Hey, That's not Piggy" vibe at all. His Fozzie on the other hand, well...
  17. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I think Eric has Piggy's high voice down as much as anyone possible could. His lower Piggy voice was off in AVMMC (being his first production as Piggy), but on the CD it sounds like he's getting the hang of it. I love his Fozzie when Fozzie is talking normally. When Fozzie gets scared he sounds too much like Piggy though. Other than that, he's spot on. Took me at least half way through AVMMC to figure out Frank was not involved and I'm usually really really good about voices.
  18. If you listen to Frank's Fozzie in the early Muppet Show episodes (not necessarily the pilot voice with the John Wayne edge but once the first season had started) and then listen to Fozzie's voice during the 80s, he really softened it and lost a lot of the "roughness". Piggy's voice got deeper even before Eric took over the role and he seems to be doing a really convincing take-off of Frank's Piggy but you can still tell at times. I haven't heard the album yet (I live in the UK and we always get things so much later than in the US) but I can't wait to hear Rowlf and Dr Teeth again. Jim's versions always sounded similar but with Dr Teeth's voice being more than often a little more manic than Rowlf could ever be. Richard's Janice and Scooter sound quite similar (to me) on the "Christmas Together" album but I haven't heard either of them talk since he passed away.

I guess it just brings a lump to my throat when I hear these much loved characters being voiced by other people now. I know they need to live on but it always reminds me of the fact that so many of the original Muppet performers have either passed on or have now distanced themselves away from The Muppets.
  19. Marky

Marky Member

Well, they were a troupe, like a family, I gather. It must have been very had for them after Jim passed, than Richard Hunt. Still, love in the hearts of the current production company for the characters - thats the key.
  20. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I haven't really been out anywhere, but if I do go out soon I'll look around for it. This sounds VERY cool!