1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 17, 2006.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ooh, I've been needing to spend that iTunes gift certificate I got for Christmas last year...:zany:
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

So, what did the rest of you guys think of Rowlf's solo?

I'm on the fence for this one, maybe I should head over to iTunes and listen to previews.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just dropping in... To answer a question from the thread's creator... It was said that John Kennedy is performing Floyd Pepper's singing voice on this CD.
    I'm a bit surprised that the CD's pamphlet credits Louise Gold and Karen Prell as performers, along with David Rudman. Will have to wait till I get this one to check it out for myself.
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I thought Rowlf's solo was fantastic. Along with Dr. Teeth's solo in "Zat You Santa Claus?"
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Rowlf is just way too close to Bobo as if Dr. Teeth. Just too much Bobo in it.
  6. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

I thought so too.
  7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Well, atleast it still pretty much sounds like Rowlf. Maybe that is just what we're going to get. It's not enough to make me think about who is doing the voice all the time. Floyd's voice doesn't sound much like the original at all. Too gravelly. Oh well...I guess we all have our preferences. I will accept the Rowlf we have now. He's back! Maybe we'll be seeing more of him in future projects.
  8. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

The performers & their characters on this cd were...

Steve Whitmire- Kermit, Rizzo, and Statler.
    Dave Goelz- Gonzo, Waldorf, and Zoot.
    Bill Barretta- Pepe, Dr. Teeth, Rowlf, and The Swedish Chef.
    Eric Jacobson- Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal.
    John Kennedy- Floyd.
  9. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Perhaps if I never knew of Bobo, and never loved him as a character I wouldn't hear so much of him in Rowlf. Even the way both characters pronounce words is similar.

Fozzie however sounds great on here.
  10. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

The North Pole Comedy Club track is hilarious...Its classic Muppets..If you listen in the background you can hear various comments from Statler & Waldorf which are hilarious as well as Pepe and some other characters..You also hear boos and Pepe saying "Thats not funny" while Fozzie is belting out his jokes.If you listen very carefully, you can also hear some Muppet Penguins and some saying "Shut Up". The best is when Fozzie says "It's time to go" and you hear people applauding in the background.
  11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah ture...but JUST THINK dude! :smirk: he's back! :) and talkin/singing again! ;)
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i'd also like to say that Bill's Dr. Teeth :D reminds me of the singing Alein Gonzo in MFS. but its STILL great!
  13. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I did think, that is why I didn't blind jump for joy because someone labeled Bobo's voice Rowlf.

Like I siad, maybe if I never heard Bobo I would think it's a great Rowlf, but I love Bobo ever so much so his voice is burned into my mind.

I'm glad the character has been brought back. I just think Bill should try to make the voice a little more Rowlf like and a little less Bobo like.
  14. maurakl

maurakl New Member

What is up with the delay on Amazon orders?

I thought I would be getting my cd soon since I placed a pre-order on Amazon. They now say the estimated shipping date is Oct. 26. Does anyone know why this is being delayed?

Maura
  15. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I agree bobo is great and Bill should be doing bobo it's nice he's trying to do dr. teeth but I'm really starting to think that there should be a single performer for each character. I can do Rowlf & Dr. Teeth really well...shame I missed that tryouts thing...I think we wouldn't be botherd so much if the characters voices where coming from other people..cause then they wouldnt have the chance of sounding the same.:sympathy:
  16. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Jim's voices often sounded very similar. I think we just have to say that it's good that they are at least trying to bring Rowlf and the others back
  17. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I don't think anyone is saying it's bad. It's just that it's too Bobo like for Rowlf. It's really just the way he says words and the inflection of his voice.
  18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Absolutely know what yer' talkin' about. Bobo has some kind of accent, a bit of a drawl and that leak's into Bill's :D & :sympathy: sometimes, although I do think he's got the "sound" of their voice down pretty good. Jim's Rowlf and Teeth I think "sounded" very much the same, but their dialect and personalities were so different and strong, that there was never a question with who was who if all you had was audio.
    I've been to Target every night this week shopping for stuff for my new place, but managed to sneak over to the music department with hopes of getting the CD, but they still don't have it yet either.
  19. Marky

Marky Member

Bottom Line...

... is it entertaining and worth getting?

:confused:
  20. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

At 10 dollars? Sure.