1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Davina

Davina Member

oh, my other reason for pulling a few Christmasy things out early this year.. we've made it a bit of a tradition to make our own Christmas cards every year.. this year, however, it's just me doing them, and I like to try having them done by Thanksgiving so i can have some time to relax before going full tilt into everything else.. but this year, Hubby's working at the slope and will be gone the entire month of November and the first 2 weeks of December.. so.. just me making over 50 cards... i'm getting an early start.. but since it isn't even snowing here.. i need something to get me in the mood for it... *laugh* that or i'll cheat this year and buy some home made looking cards.. hrm.. wonder if i can find a bunch of those without going broke...
  2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

does anyone else se that the copyright stuff for the Muppets says(c) The Muppets Studios, LLC.??????? :confused: did disney have the Muppet Holding Company, LLC. change there name?! :confused:
  3. Marky

Marky Member

Maybe it's a sub-company for it's audio-only output?
  4. Stulz

Stulz Member

Name

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.
  5. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Maybe this will help...its taken from Wikipedia. For more, visit the link for the entire article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_liability_company

"A limited liability company (denoted by L.L.C. or LLC in the US) is a legal form of business company in the United States offering limited liability to its owners. In that respect, it is similar to a corporation, and is often a more flexible form of ownership, especially suitable for smaller companies with a limited number of owners."
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

could you PLEASE explane it a little better for me!? :confused: :smirk:
  7. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

8. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I finally found this CD today, and gave it a first listen in the car. I tells ya, I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. I think it's really good! It has a very fun, very classic Muppet feel to it. As for the performances, I thought they ranged from good to great all around. I've always felt that it's physically impossible for one performer to sound just like another, because they're different people with different vocal chords. But what matters is that they play the character the right way, and I felt this to be the case throughout the album. Without images to watch, we only get to judge the characters on a vocal performance, which is really only half the truth. When I tried to visualize the characters performing the songs, though, it all seemed right.

And I swear, it's just not Christmas without at least one Muppet singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." When Kermit said "Merry Christmas, everyone" at the end of the album, it brought just a little tear to my eye.

Good work, Muppets!
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The review sounds great! Hopefully I'll be able to purchase it. I sort of wish they'd done at least one religious song, since they did it successfully with John Denver. But, at least it sounds like the CD is worth listening to. :)
  10. Marky

Marky Member

That was also 1979, when using the word 'Christ' was acceptable.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, it's very strange. Well like I said, I'm sure it's fine otherwise.

Though, I am thinking I'm also going to try and get John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD from barnesandnoble.com
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't care too too much for Christmas Music... that is, unless a cartoon character or something sings it. I'll probably get this one a bit closer to Christmas, myself.

ANyway, I am THRILLED to hear the voices of the characters are all Muppeteers. I was slightly afraid Disney would use the cheap wannabes we kept fretting about. I still think it's irony that Zoot's the only member of the band who still is performed by the original Muppeteer.... now Jerry has popped off due to his health. I really wanna hear this now, actually.
  13. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I just listened to it on the B & N site & it sounds great! I can't wait to get it.
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

So which voices did Karen Prell, Mike Quinn and Louise Gold provide?
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

They probably provided back-up vocals. In Rowlf's song, there is a chorus of characters that sing along with him.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

So they must have brought Louise Gold to the states for this project then, insteresting.

I've heard it - it's pretty good - in fact it's marvellous that they've actually got something like this commisioned and put out in the current climate - but it could have done with maybe a few more classic tracks, and also having a bit more Muppet humor to it. Although all the fans want to see more Electric Mayhem and Rowlf stuff, probably not the greatest idea to have included so much of it as yeah, Bill isn't as natural immitating voices as he is coming up with strong voices for his own original characters. Rowlf and Dr Teeth just sound like Bobo - it's no fault of the puppeteer, just some people don't have the range to vary their voices a lot at different levels and anything low just comes out the same. It maybe down to just them needing to give the Muppeteers as many characters as possible to keep the work coming and making these projects cost effective but they ought to find a voice that can immitate Jim's characters more accurately.
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet

In Rowlfs song i thought it was Muppet :zany: 's that where his back up chorus?! well thats how it sounded to me when i was lission to my cd...
  18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I don't know what type of characters they were. Sounded like chickens or some type of bird. Quite possible they were penguins, but I really don't know. Those were the characters I was talking about that I believe Gould, Prell and Quinn voiced.
  19. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Probably cheaper just to have her record her vocals in a London studio.
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Pity they didn't recover Annie-Sue's character for a song here...not that anyone nowadays would know who that was, but if she's there, why not have HER there?