Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
I think I know what you mean. It sounds kind of like a lot of people's imitation of kermit. Jim Henson put so much of his real voice into Kermit, so his didn't sound 'put on'. But there's a big improvment on SW's behalf from MCC to IAVMMCM (I don't own MWoO, but I don't remember it being bad).
I disagree with some people saying EJ doesn't have Piggy. It's a believable voice, pretty darn close, and has fooled many people I know. It may not be 100% Frank Oz clone, but doesn't give me a "Hey, That's not Piggy" vibe at all. His Fozzie on the other hand, well...
to me it's really not so much the voices it's the personalitys...well except fozzie...he's got him down pretty well that way but the voice gets a bit piggyish...but the attitude for fozzie is correct.
The others though being done by new people...I think perhaps they need to study it all a bit more...Eric's doing a pretty good job though....it's just that teeth and rowlf sound a bit to much like bobo like everyone else is saying..I miss bobo btw...they need to bring him back.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm listening to it now (THANKS MOM!!)

It's amazing!

I thought Dr. Teeth sounded amazing, tbh. Rowlf coming back is also good. Trust me, I heard more of Bobo in :big_grin: than in :sympathy: .

Miss Piggy's rendition of Santa Baby is HI-LARIOUS!! Now I can imagine no one else singing Santa Baby. She did it totally perfectly.

I'm listening to Kermie's rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Christmas" right now. Oh my god...he's blowing me away on this song!!

BJ

Marky

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
I'm listening to it now (THANKS MOM!!)

It's amazing!

I thought Dr. Teeth sounded amazing, tbh. Rowlf coming back is also good. Trust me, I heard more of Bobo in :big_grin: than in :sympathy: .

Miss Piggy's rendition of Santa Baby is HI-LARIOUS!! Now I can imagine no one else singing Santa Baby. She did it totally perfectly.

I'm listening to Kermie's rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Christmas" right now. Oh my god...he's blowing me away on this song!!

BJ
Is it the same santa baby she did on IAVMMCM?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I got mine today as well from Amazon.com. I'm listening to it as I type. I'm up to track 4 Merry Christmas Baby by Pepe. Luvin' it. A Red and Green Christmas by Kermit and Miss Piggy is very good. So is Merry Christmas Baby.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Santa Baby is very good. So is It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. And North Pole Comedy Club is classic Fozzie. That's as far as I am listening to it.

BEAR

Reaction score
My favorite one is Rowlf's "Christmas Party Sing-Along". Fun to hear all the different classic christmas song references throughout it.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Run, Run Rudolph is good. Figured it would be as that style fits the Electric Mayhem. Kermit's Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas sounds exactly like the John Denver Christmas Together version.

Definetely a very good Christmas CD!!! Will probably have it wore out before Christmas.

MWoO

Reaction score
Marky said:
Is it the same santa baby she did on IAVMMCM?
I don't believe so. It's a new rendition, but it sounds similar as it's still piggy and it's the same song.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My Review

Hey all, ran into Wal-Mart today looking for the SS Old School set and found the CD. So I grabbed it up in a flash and I'm loving it, here are my thought's on it, song by song:

"'Zat You, Santa Claus?" - Electric Mayhem Band ~ Dr. Teeth is BACK! Although I do here a lot of Bobo in the good doctor, I still think he sounds fantastic. The song was very Mayhem-like. Very nice.

"A Red and Green Christmas" - Kermit & Miss Piggy ~ Ooh, what a fun song! Piggy sounds awesome! Eric is amazing! Steve has such a lovely singing voice and it fits Kermit really well. I like the way Kermit and Piggy played off of each other in the song. Rully cool.

"The Christmas Party Sing-Along" - Rowlf ~ So far this one is one of my favorites. Rowlf sounds near perfect. I hear little to no Bobo in him, it's fantastic and could easily incorporate Rowlf back into Muppet productions. And the song was really funny! I loved all the chickens singing in the background! Very very Muppety!

"Merry Christmas Baby" - Pepe ~ This one was the most interesting I thought. Bill has a good voice in Pepe and I think he should be used for singing more often. I liked the girls singing in the background with Pepe too it's just so funny.

"The Man with the Bag" - Floyd, Animal & Zoot ~ I really really liked this one too. Floyd doesn't sound perfect, the voice isn't gravely enough, but Zoot and Animal in the background were hillarious. I really liked this one a lot, a very good song for the Mayhem to do (Okay, fine right now any song is good for the Mayhem! Just let them get some publicity!).

"Santa Baby" - Miss Piggy ~ Man! I didn't think the Santa Baby from VMC could get any better! But Piggy topped it in this performance! It was phenomanal Eric Jacobson is one of the best things to happen to the Muppets in a long time. He sounds amazing on this CD.

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - Gonzo and Rizzo ~ WOOOP! This is THE BEST song on this CD. Gonzo and Rizzo are amazing together! So funny! And Dave and Steve are such a great comedy and singing team they've got to do more performances.

"North Pole Comedy Club" - Fozzie, Statler & Waldorf ~ Again, Eric sounds phenomanal as Fozzie, he's really practiced the voice since MWoO it's REALLY good. I did find it a little hard to hear Statler and Waldorf in the background, but still a very nice routine over all.

"Run, Run Rudolph" - Electric Mayhem Band ~ I'm wondering the the Mayhem isn't called Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem because this song is again just Dr. Teeth vocals, but still very awesome. I think he sounds better in this song then in the first one on the CD. But still, awesome awesome awesome! Go Bill go!

"Christmas Smorgasbord" - Swedish Chef ~ OH MY GOSH THE CHEF SOUNDS AWWWWESOME!! He sounds JUST like Jim's Chef! It's just great! And such a funny song too! I loved the back up singers.

"The Christmas Queen" - Miss Piggy ~ I am blown away by Eric Jacobson. He's doing so well with Frank's characters. Piggy sounds just perfect! Even her angry voice has been fine tuned and is AWESOME! Eric is so great.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Kermit ~ But Eric does not touch my soul like Steve did with this song. It's just so...So very Kermit and so very lovely. This was also one of my favorites.

So overall, I think this CD was FANTASTIC! It's VERY Muppety with all the chit-chatter going on in the background and the MAYHEM is back with THREE songs! More than they had on the 25th Anniversary CD! It's great! And Rowlf too! The new voices are completely great. And Eric Jacobson and Bill Barretta have blown my mind with this CD, they're great.

So, I give "The Muppets: A Green and Red Christmas" a 9/10 and recomend it to all devoted Muppet fans.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Thanks for the run down theprawncracker! :big_grin: You have just pushed me to order a copy from Amazon.com. Shame these things don't get released in the UK. :mad: