Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Marky said:
Well, I'm not too hard on the others for trying to do Jim's voice. I like Steve's Kermit. I mean, we can't have Jim's, so... it's like that Stephen Stills song

If ya can't be with the one you love
Honey, love the one your with!

:cool:
I full heartly agree with you. The voices aren't that great, but they can't get worse in my opinion.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Marky said:
Well, I'm not too hard on the others for trying to do Jim's voice. I like Steve's Kermit. I mean, we can't have Jim's, so... it's like that Stephen Stills song
Y'see; Steve's Kermit is the only new voice I haven't fully accepted yet. I'm on board with Eric's takeover of Frank's characters, I'm cool with Bill's takeover of Rowlf and Teeth, and I guess what I mean is; Steve's voice for Kermit is good, but I don't feel the personality is there IMO. Maybe because it's :smile: I just have a higher bench mark I expect t be reached. :smirk:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well I'm very interested to read in this thread, that according to the sleeve notes my favourite West End Musical Theatre performer is singing on the album! - as far as I'm concerned that'll be something to listen out for, and a good reason for getting the album.- There's a quintessential Muppet-Show- sort of voice. [~¦#%

mrsieve

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
The voices aren't that great, but they can't get worse in my opinion.
They can get worse if I start doing their voices. :wink:

I like Steve's Kermit. But for some reason, with all due respect to Eric, I am still having a hard time adjusting to Fozzie and Miss Piggy.

I'm still waiting for the Cd to reach stores in the Toronto area.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ordered my CD from Amazon on Wednesday. It shipped Friday so by early next week I should be listening to some Muppet Christmas tunes.

Marky

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Y'see; Steve's Kermit is the only new voice I haven't fully accepted yet. I'm on board with Eric's takeover of Frank's characters, I'm cool with Bill's takeover of Rowlf and Teeth, and I guess what I mean is; Steve's voice for Kermit is good, but I don't feel the personality is there IMO. Maybe because it's :smile: I just have a higher bench mark I expect t be reached. :smirk:
I think I know what you mean. It sounds kind of like a lot of people's imitation of kermit. Jim Henson put so much of his real voice into Kermit, so his didn't sound 'put on'. But there's a big improvment on SW's behalf from MCC to IAVMMCM (I don't own MWoO, but I don't remember it being bad).
I disagree with some people saying EJ doesn't have Piggy. It's a believable voice, pretty darn close, and has fooled many people I know. It may not be 100% Frank Oz clone, but doesn't give me a "Hey, That's not Piggy" vibe at all. His Fozzie on the other hand, well...

MWoO

Reaction score
I think Eric has Piggy's high voice down as much as anyone possible could. His lower Piggy voice was off in AVMMC (being his first production as Piggy), but on the CD it sounds like he's getting the hang of it. I love his Fozzie when Fozzie is talking normally. When Fozzie gets scared he sounds too much like Piggy though. Other than that, he's spot on. Took me at least half way through AVMMC to figure out Frank was not involved and I'm usually really really good about voices.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
If you listen to Frank's Fozzie in the early Muppet Show episodes (not necessarily the pilot voice with the John Wayne edge but once the first season had started) and then listen to Fozzie's voice during the 80s, he really softened it and lost a lot of the "roughness". Piggy's voice got deeper even before Eric took over the role and he seems to be doing a really convincing take-off of Frank's Piggy but you can still tell at times. I haven't heard the album yet (I live in the UK and we always get things so much later than in the US) but I can't wait to hear Rowlf and Dr Teeth again. Jim's versions always sounded similar but with Dr Teeth's voice being more than often a little more manic than Rowlf could ever be. Richard's Janice and Scooter sound quite similar (to me) on the "Christmas Together" album but I haven't heard either of them talk since he passed away.

I guess it just brings a lump to my throat when I hear these much loved characters being voiced by other people now. I know they need to live on but it always reminds me of the fact that so many of the original Muppet performers have either passed on or have now distanced themselves away from The Muppets.

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
I guess it just brings a lump to my throat when I hear these much loved characters being voiced by other people now. I know they need to live on but it always reminds me of the fact that so many of the original Muppet performers have either passed on or have now distanced themselves away from The Muppets.
Well, they were a troupe, like a family, I gather. It must have been very had for them after Jim passed, than Richard Hunt. Still, love in the hearts of the current production company for the characters - thats the key.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I haven't really been out anywhere, but if I do go out soon I'll look around for it. This sounds VERY cool!