1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Smilies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 1, 2008.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks... Yes, thanks go to Alex, my greenery gal. And hey, Snowths, you're already dead. Somebody call Bo so we can move this dead body outta here.
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Coy adj.
    1. Pretending to be shy or modest, usually in a playful or flirtatious manner.
    2. Purposfully unwilling to make a commitment or action.
    3. Showing marked and often playful reluctance to make a definite or committing statement.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh, well then, Kathy, why didn't you say that? Now I just made myself out to be playful, flirtatious, unwilling to make commitments, and reluctant.
  4. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Oops....:o Sorry.Just thought it meant shy.
    Anyway...I love the new smilies too! My fave is :hungry: Good work Jamie!
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks you guys! I was surprised to see them too. Thank you Phillip so much! There are some characters I'm looking at doing. It will take a little while, but I think it is safe to say the Muppet Show cast is already complete so the new ones will likely be Sesame or Fraggle.

Not that this would get voted-in, but would you guys prefer Fizgig (if I could swing him) or a Muppephone (totally swingable)?

Personally - :coy: (my favorite because the character and emotion reminds me of my partner)
    :hungry: (just came out looking better than I thought)
    :shifty: (not my best work, but he emotes and Rizzo was much needed and requested)
  6. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

:hungry: this is my favorite!

now I can say. I am :hungry:
  7. D'Snowth

Maybe a Muppephone, because I'm afraid I'm not sure what a Fizgig is.:o
  8. The Count

Yeah... I'd vote for the Muppaphone too. Snowthmeister, check da' Wiki for Fizzgig buddy.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fizgig from "The Dark Crystal" that fuzzy pet that Dave Goelz performed. I'm thinking away from that now.

I think we might be solid on any future smilies. Some will always want different ones, but I have ideas for four new ones that do not incude the Muppet Show cast of characters. I won't tell you the characters but I will say the four emotions I am considering to subit to the rest of the staff:

Wise, Speechless, Scary, Busy.

Without a true expression these are just tiny pictures. It's hard to get an emotion. The Swedish Chf and the Penguin are some of the nicer-looking ones but not the most expressive to the casual eye. I do so love how the Chef came out. :hungry: I know someone else was considered for hungry, but I wouldn't count that character out just yet. ;)
  10. D'Snowth

Ohhhhhhhh... I never did get to see The Dark Crystal (yet).:o
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooooh, if you like puppets and puppetry "The Dark Crystal" is a must! That film, along with "The Muppet Movie" tie for my favorite film. They are inspiring in so many ways. Crystal is a world before GGI when directors used beautiful matte paintings to create the scope of a world and every creature had to be puppeteered!

I just got back from a run. Going to start work on the smilies!
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

How about Supergrover for Heroic, or just erm Super! lol

I'm sure we discussed this on here years back, and i know its not easy bein green, but why is Crazy Harry? lol. Not that he doesn't carry it off tremendously.
  13. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Loving these new smilies, a pleasant surprise. :shifty: :hungry: :coy:
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

OH.

MY.

GOSH!

RIZZO SMILEY! I have been hoping this day would come since I put my 'makeshift Rizzo smiley' in my signature! **points at her signature**

Now I can die happy. **faints**

((p.s. Jamie, thank you so much! The Chef? Awesome. Wembley? Awesome awesome! Rizzo? Priceless.))
  15. The Count

Oh great... Now we have another ghost. Hmmm, maybe that'd be a good suggestion to da prawn for a new MC award. *Shrugs.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I gotta vote for a Muppaphone...because that could stand for pain!
  17. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like that. At first I thought, "well, we have
    :eek: ," but that's not quite the same thing, so I would say a muppaphone would be good for "in pain".
    I think Mokey might also be nice, possibly for "tranquil".

Um, Ed, what did you mean?
  18. The Count

Heh... Go read through the 4th MC Awards nominations thread and you'll find out... Eventually...
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

:shifty: - Heh, it's great to be here and all...but my agent said he'd get me ten percent of the smile' profits...so far I ain't seen nuffin'
    :hungry: - Oschi borschi floppern-ie!
    :shifty: - On the other hand...free food!
  20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

:coy: - Oh boy, this is so much fun! At least... I think it is. Gobo, what do you think?
    :smirk: - Wembley! Can't you just decide for yourself for once?
    :coy: - Umm... I don't think so...