1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Smilies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

It happened last month. Just look back a little.
  2. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

:hungry: (speaking nonsense Swedish talk)
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Muppet Central main page should still be sporting the banner for the anniversary. :)
  4. Pork

Pork Active Member

:o I have a joke book.

:halo: DRUMSTICKS! DRUMSTICKS!

:rolleyes: I have some loose Jello okay.*makes Jello wabbling noise*
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I forgot to get back to you on that. Sorry. Crazy Harry does have kind of a peutrid greenish hue, but you're right - he's rather green in his smilie. I suppose we chose that to make him pop more than that grayish color he seems to be. I have submitted a toned-down version that is being reviewed (along with a couple other tweaked smilies). It probably won't be that big of a change. He's still green-ish.

It appears that all but one smilie has been approved. It's a space thing and I'm not partial to the one that might get the shaft. I still hope he doesn't. At least two of the smilies are going to be unexpected. One's a Sesame, the other is...something else. Also, there's a super one that many have been requesting. We'll see. It takes a while for Phillip to upload these dodads because it requires taking the forum offline to wire them in. There will be a total of 35-36 smilies in all.
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hmm... I wonder who that could be. Does anybody have a guess? Anybodeeeee? :coy:

Wait, 35 smilies... **does some quick mental math** You are adding seven more? Wow! You are Phil and certainly spoiling us. Thank you for doing all that work, Jamie. That is just awesome.

And to think, I would have been fully satisfied with just the addition of Rizzo! :shifty:
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Even more new smilies are now on-line...

You'll have to stay :busy: and :search: for them all.
  8. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yah more awesome smilies

:wisdom::insatiable::batty:
  9. Pork

Pork Active Member

And more... :search::busy::super:
  10. Pork

Pork Active Member

and the last one. ( I think ) :scary:

These are all so awesome!
  11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

EEEEEE! I love them, I love them, I'm so excited to finally have this one: :insatiable: I have been wanting one like that forever! I love :super: and I'm pretty sure the Count will be excited to have one that represents his namesake. :batty:
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Huh? Will I? What's the rundown of these new smilies? And how come I'm the last to know about these things though I'm part of the staff?
    Will these questions ever be answered? Tune in next time...

Same MC-time, same MC-channel.
  13. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

The new ones Ed are Big Bird for wisdom, Cookie Monster for insatiable, Super Grover for super, Sherlock Hemlock for search, The Count for batty, a Doozer for busy and some sort of bird I'm not sure who he is (not up on my Dark Crystal and Labrynth characters I guess) for scary.
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Beth! My guess is that's a Skexus. Wonder what the one about space was. If I could use smilies, you know who would be placed here.
    Thank you Jamie.
  15. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Wow, awesome new smilies! Thank you, Jamie!:batty: :super: :wisdom:
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yup, it's a Skeksis. Glad you guys enjoy these. Before I share this one I have to state that there's no way to include it. I'm just showing it to you for fun or if you want to grab it for your own use. This was the wild card of the bunch. I was told to pitch 7-8 smilies and this was 8. I really do like him, but there is not really a need for this one: Johnny Fiama (eyebrow raised) skeptical.

My personal two faves are the Skeksis and Sherlock. Also note that Pepe, Rizzo, Gonzo and Harry have been slightly shined-up. It appears these are now locked-in. There are characters I would have liked, but there's limited space and limited options for emotions that can be conveyed through a tiny smilie. :insatiable:

EDIT: I had one for Boober, but his emotion wasn't needed as Gobo represents that. It snowballs after that into changing Gobo then adding Mokey and so on. Boober's my favorite Fraggle and one of my favorite Muppets. I thought long and hard about including him years ago and revisited that choice again. He just didn't make the cut. :cry:
  17. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

have one for Boober.
  18. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

this one in my favorite:insatiable:
  19. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

What does insatiable mean?
  20. Skye

Skye Active Member

Yay, this is so cool! And it's so hard to pick a favorite of these newbies. I think I'll go :batty: as my fave, followed very closely by :insatiable: and :wisdom: and Grover and... well, all the rest of 'em! I'm very impressed, they're really great! Thank you again, Jamie! They're awesome!

And Kuriboh Man, to answer your question, "insatiable" means never being satisfied, or always wanting more. I hope that helps!