Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

Marky

Reaction score
BBF,

That milk clip, was it the one which shows a baby in a crib crying for milk intercut with shots of a dairy farm? You know, with a woman's voice repeating "miiiiiilk"? That was weird & funny at the same time.

BillKal

Reaction score
Marky said:
BBF,

That milk clip, was it the one which shows a baby in a crib crying for milk intercut with shots of a dairy farm? You know, with a woman's voice repeating "miiiiiilk"? That was weird & funny at the same time.

Hi Marky ---

It's a different film. And yes, it does seem a bit too long. It just shows the whole process on where milk comes from.

It's not the one where there's the process intercut with a baby that is crying for her milk.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
I've only watched the first disk so far, but my only complaint was that film about milk. It just kept going on and on and on and on...just when I thought it was over it kept adding on new things and repeating itself. That music didn't help either. I felt like Bert did when Ernie was counting and kept starting over. (If you include the part that was cut where he banged his head on the dresser and ran into the camera.)
I thought you said you only watched the first disc. That counting skit is in the second episode on the set, in disc 2.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
I've only watched the first disk so far, but my only complaint was that film about milk. It just kept going on and on and on and on...just when I thought it was over it kept adding on new things and repeating itself. That music didn't help either.
Aw, I always liked the film about milk! Lol

It is slow, but I guess it just reminds me of all the old clips I remembered seeing on Sesame Street as a kid.

I don't know if I can wait until Christmas! But ::gulp:: I'll keep trying!

I never did have the Noggin channel, so I probably won't be comparing it to anything else.

alizakaila

Reaction score
espidoe one repetitive

my disk 1 repeats itself with the wanda the witch and the cartoon with worm, walrus and water.

I really have enjoyed watching this set. It really brings back memories from when I was a kid (born in 68)

Whom played the 2 guys hanging up pictures.
I did notice Alan Arkin on a later disk; also raul julia, charlotte rae and others

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi AlisaKayla... According to Muppet Wiki, those two characters were Buddy, portrayed by Brandon Maggart, and Jim, portrayed by James Catusi.
Hope this helps.

janicerulz

Reaction score
Unable to find retail in Northern Mass/Southern NH

I tried Best Buy, Target, and Sears Essentials in a few locations and NO ONE has this title for sale/on the shelves. Arguably, I did not try Wal Mart or FYE (I know Sam Goody is gone), but the ones I tried are national chains.

I know I can get it at Amazon, but still, am I the only one who finds it odd that none of the major retailers are carrying this title? Someone should have had it, or at least known if it was on order at the store. Most of the associates on the floor didn't even *know* what I was talking about.

This does not bode well for future releases if they are based on sales, since not everyone has access to Amazon and other on-line sites.

Has anyone else run into this? Or can anyone tell me where they found it for sale in a brick & mortar? Thanks!

--JR:flirt:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I bought mine at BORDERS last week on SALE for 29.99.

Don't think you can do any better than that!

BORDERS, BARNES and NOBLE, TOWER.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I thought you said you only watched the first disc. That counting skit is in the second episode on the set, in disc 2.
Whoops. Didn't even realize I left something out. :embarrassed: I started the second disk, but it had been a long day so I fell asleep about half way through the first episode, so that's why I didn't think to mention I had started disk 2.

spaztek

Reaction score
Old School Sesame, very happy with it

I received my copy in the mail yesterday, and I am pleased with what it has to offer. I have all but 4 of the Unpaved Noggin episodes, and this box set includes all of the stuff noggin edited out.

Aside from my nostalgic enjoyment, my children are GLUED!! They will NOT watch any of the new Sesame episodes, but are quite engaged with the old format. I can surmise that this is due to the rapid succession of skits in the older format; the newer format, to me, seems much too drawn out and less captivating to a young child. Also the huge variety of the older format including real-life shorts, several varied types of animation, muppetry, and street scenes is unlikely to lose a 4 year-old's attention. I find that they newer stuff is so overrun by fancy graphics and music that the actual value of what they're trying to convey is lost. Not to mention the dreaded furry red little menace...... Amen to Old School!!

Stacey