Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
There was a picture of the Sesame set in Newsweek last November. Was Matt Vogel the one doing the right hand of Baby Bear in that pic?
Billy, any chance you might be able to get a scan of that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... as much as Global thingy makes me want to wretch, today's one was absolutely brilliant! It was a parody of Braveheart, and I avtually laughed.

okay. that's what they need to do. Make better Global Thingys like this one. All the others are someone making someone else cry and Global Thingy comes to the rescue. It needs the satirical bite! It needs that wit and humor that this one had. Not just Cry baby type stuff!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Aw, I love Global Thingy. It's got a wonderful message done in an awfully sweet and innocent manner.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have a question. Why did they show the 1 episode of 34th season again? Any thing different?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably because they already aired all the episodes that make up Season 34 and now it's time to start re-running the lot of them. Personally, I'm looking forward to the re-running of the Sesames cause there were a few episodes that I missed out on what with the randomness of the airings here in Puerto Rico. As for Global Grover, I like it! I've found the bits with Grover to be humorous, for example the one from the episode where Curly Bear gets her name Grover is going to the sheep herders in the Arizona desert and asks us if we want to watch the film with him, and then he says: "Well you have no choice, roll it!" What I don't understand about the segments is the animated short that follows Global Grover. Maybe if they spoke it in English and said what's going on, then maybe it would have more appeal but I'd hope they axe this little animated from any new Global Grover segments should any be made for Season 35 should Season 35 become a reality.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
That's Mr Vogel all right.

Thanks, Secret.

Originally posted by Scarecroe
Billy, any chance you might be able to get a scan of that?

Scott-

No, I don't have a scanner sorry. There was mention of it when the article came out last November, so someone here might be able to get the picture for you.

It was a pic of the set, with Kevin Clash front and center with Elmo of course, and Mr. Vogel and David Rudman with Baby Bear, Marty Robinson with Telly, and Fran Brill with Zoe.

- Billy :cool:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Is Sesame Street in danger of going off the air? I mean, it's like one of those shows that should never be canceled. So, is there any danger?

Also, Count, I agree about those stupid globe cartoons. They make no sense to me, though I only saw one.

ssetta

Reaction score
I'm afraid they probably are in danger, mainly because they keep doing less and less. For all those years, they did 130 shows a season. Then in season 30, they decreased it down to 65, and season 33, 50, and now they're down to only 26. I think this is exactly what happened with Mister Rogers. So I would not be surprised if SS got cancelled, or if Elmo's World became its own show.

WiGgY

Reaction score
oh man, that's bad for a daily show. I can't beliebe an institution like Sesame Street could be gone. I figured SS was popular since it has a sspinoff and all. Parents, start putting your kids in front of that tv now! :big_grin:

ssetta

Reaction score
They have reduced the money for SS to create new shows, like Dragon Tales, and Sagwa. So they had to reduce SS to make money for those new shows, which apparently, are more popular. This is really strange. They are saying that Dragon Tales is the thing that's popular right now, but they're not even making anymore new episodes of DT!