Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to wait until it's replayed to see his reaction though. Lol.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
just wondering, what letters and numbers have been used so far (missed the first week due to not knowing that it started last week and just read this thread hoping to be updated, but not all episodes are mentioned)? So far I got:
#1 - M 4
#2 - ? ?
#3 - Q 10
#4 - P 15
#5 - ? ?

thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi BeckyDr. Good to see you here again.
Sorry, missed out on the second episode, haven't posted thoughts on 4113 yet.
4113, the fifth episode of the season was sponsored by the letter W and the number 0.
Hope this helps, everything else is correct regarding sponsors.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Dil said:
C'mon, Sesame Workshop! Enough using 'Elmo's World' in every episode!!!!!
*nods vigorously* Sesame Workshop has already made made Elmo's World into a separate program in other countries (Australia, Mexico and Denmark among others). Spinning it off in the US wouldn't be so wrong, either: I'd rather see those extra fifteen minutes used to continue the "street story", personally. (Miles and Gabi are graduating, but the ceremony itself isn't on the show? Come on...even Gina's graduation didn't leave kids hanging like that.)

ISNorden

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Just remembered my one complaint, and it isn't even that big of a complaint, about the Graduation episode. Couldn't this episode have been saved for towards the end of the season? I mean, why would they be graduating at the end of the summer from high school? I know I probably sound too picky, but it's weird.
More to the point...not seeing the actual graduation was a major letdown. For Pete's sake, older "milestone episodes" (Maria's wedding, Gabi's birth, Gina's graduation) actually showed the event taking place--at least, the parts that American rules for children's shows allow. Couldn't the producers at least have turned that story into a two-parter, if the new format was that important?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
Everyone keeps saying it's the new "One of These Things" but I don't think that's the case. I think it's just the intro for a new segment "What's the Game Today?". Then the next segment is the game.

I liked it at first but now it's getting old. Today was just kids and animals dancing in a party line. I know it's supposed to get kids up and moving, but the music got annoying and I couldn't even understand what they were saying.

I'm new here btw.
I get the feeling that "What's the Game Today?" is this season's alternative (at least part-time) to the old "Journey to Ernie". Although most of the games encourage kids to exercise as they watch, they're still fairly dumbed down...ugh.

ISNorden

Reaction score
"You remember every other teen..."

The Count said:
The song "Fifteen". Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Great to see a numbers song like that again. Though I'd like something of that variety to be made anew, with quality to it.
Oh heck yes; it's rare for me to like a recent sketch/song this much, but "Fifteen" rocks! Since I've got no way to record it, I hope some YouTube regular puts the song up there...

P.S. I'm planning to submit the lyrics to Tiny Dancer's archive while I still remember them; keep your fingers crossed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought she already had them.

Late though it may be...

4113: Herb Comes to Sesame Street.
The street story was OK... Though it kind of played out predictably enough.
Herb the Dinosaur went to Hooper's first where he ate the salad Alan was making for Gordon: lettuce, carrots, and tomatoes.
Herb left after chowing down on the salad in a bowl... Talk about your convenience foods!
Gordon was in disbelief after Alan told him what happened, still hungry for his salad of course.

Then came the bit with Rosita and Zoe arguing over who'd get to play with a doll. Would've thought they'd know about sharing their toys by now, especially since that was the issue those two tackled when part of the Super Morphin' Mega Monsters sketch spoofing the Power Rangers.
Herb said how in his day, him and his friends used to play and argue over who'd get to play with some sticks. They'd stand far apart, then charge at each other, and whoever wasn't knocked down got the stick. Zoe and Rosita reasoned that they could get hurt, and ended up sharing the doll by taking turns. This led to a brief song "You Learn Something New Every Million Years".
Next came the alphabet song with Big Bird, Elmo and the Birdkeeters.
Then, he went over to Oscar's... Slimey was unhappy Oscar couldn't play with him due to the fact the grouch had to give Fluffy her bath. Herb came by and Slimey started riding him cowboy style. María was there too, some funny lines of disbelief again.
Finally, everybody met up talking about Herb... Gordon setting them straight before he was the only one left after the others went to compare dinosaur notes at Hooper's. Herb came by, Slimey still riding, and now it was Gordon's turn to fess up to his own disbelief after seeing the dinosaur.

The good thing was that it reminded me of how they dealt with Snuffy, his "imaginary" status as the grownups always kept missing out on meeting him until Episode 2096.
But the thing that bugged me... Are they trying to replace Snuffy? Not sure.
Though I did kind of like Herb's New Yorker accent, good for a character to have a distinctive accent/voice.

Highlights: The sketches made this episode stand out more in my mind, rather than the street story.
1 Letter of the Day: W, repeat.
This one was Prairie's fault. Cookie was thinking of W words, until she came along stating his willpower at attempting to use a little mind over matter, not eating the cookie.
CM, snapping into himself kind of like Animal: Cookie! And of course, he ate the letter W cookie.
2 Wacky Waldo, nice to see this.
3 Caveperson Days. Thought this was named Caveman Days.
This was the one where Caveman Ernie invents the trashcan. Great to hear Frank's Bert and Jim's Ernie again.
4 Global Grover: Guiro Making.
Is it wrong of me to smile when they show this one? Homeland, represent!
Although being from PR myself and knowing about the guiro... They forgot that to paly the guiro, you need a little sort of claw implement used to scratch the hardened instrument's grooves, thus making it's particular musical sound.
5 Song parody: "The Breakfast Club"
Saw the humor in this one right away, good new song.
6 Number of the Day: 0. This is the one where the Count says he inherited his title from his father... And the one where the Counting Organ gets blown away.
Funny little musical pun at the end... I've got plenty of nothing, and nothing's plenty for me.
7 Classic Song: "0 In My Cup"!
Rully glad to see this one again. Though I'm always bummed that we never get the little insert with Miss A.M. Goat that once followed about how not all goats eat sneakers.
8 One of the segments where the Count's voice was heard counting children seated on this sort of outdoors wall/couch, subtracting them in this particular clip to get to zero.
9 Elmo's World: Dinosaurs, naturally... Repeat.
10 ATG: Giant Grumpy Guppy, repeat.

That's all I can remember, if there's more to this one I'll probably comment when it's repeated. Looking forward to tomorrow.