Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

somethingofafan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Bad News: If there was one place I hoped/thought was immune to the death of proper use of superlatives was Sesame Street.
Gordon: We couldn't be more proud of the two of you.
Noooo! Stuff like that just grates on me. It should be "prouder".
Hey, they couldn't even keep "Ain't" out of a feature film, and that was over twenty years ago!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... But "ain't" is more commonly accepted in today's speech. Problem is, lately the improper use of superlatives has become part of everyday common speech also.

Oh well, will post my thoughts on 4113 later.

doctort13

Reaction score
Today's Ernie & Bert caveman sketch was GREAT! I am really enjoying the new sesaon and hope that many other families are too.

ssetta

Reaction score
The "Caveperson Days" sketch WAS with Jim Henson and Frank Oz. I think it's from the late 80s, and when it came on, I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
My thoughts on 4113:

This episode was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. I was afraid it would be like Abby's introduction episode. Everyone's reactions to Herb was great. I liked how Gordon didn't believe anyone about Herb, very reminiscent of Snuffy. I was very glad they mentioned what Gordon does. I can't remember the last time that was actually mentioned on the show.

However I found Herb very annoying and I'm not sure why. Something about how he acted just got on my nerves.

And what was with Alan's salad? Just one kind of lettuce with only carrots, tomatoes, and not even any dressing? I don't think Gordon was missing much...

Loved seeing Caveperson Days again. I also noticed no Journey to Ernie or Spanish Word of the Day again. Spanish Word of the Day has aired once so far this season, but JtE hasn't aired at all yet. I noticed JtE wasn't mentioned in the Season 37 press kit, but figured it was too good to be true that it was really gone. Maybe they really did drop it?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed everybit and at first was thinking it was an new skit with Ernie that is when Bert started talking. I couldn't believe to see this old skit. I remember it like was yesterday. Hurb was cool to see. I love Dinos and all was glad to see a newer character. I even saw Herry and that Red looking Monsters at the first part of the opening when the camera went to Hooper's store. Just glad to have seen Herry even tho he didn't have a speaken part. I did miss yesterdays. I'll see it sooner or later.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Week in Review

Well, a whole week of the new improved Sesame Street.

YAY!! No Journey to Ernie! YAY!! I hope it never comes back.

Yay!! Caveman Days returns, with a less biased name but unaltered content! Yay!! I hope we see more classic Bert and Ernie like that sketch.

Yay! A brand-new Grover the waiter sketch! Astounding!

Hmph. Revisionist history: Gabi and Miles are suddenly in the same grade (are the actors even the same age?). Well, we all know Miles was around first--wasn't he even IN the Maria-Luis wedding episode? But soon after Gabi was born, thanks to the magic of television, between seasons she changed from being an infant to being five or six years old, so maybe based on her new age she was retroactively made to be Miles's kindergarten buddy. Sheesh.

Yay! Abby Cadabby was quite likable. I'm irked that they made Elmo her chosen friend in the school episode, however. And though I'm pleased that the Sesame folks aren't going to give her too much exposure, a la Elmo, I was wishing she'd appear again during the week. If I didn't know they were planning to make her the Next Big Thing, I'd think they had dropped her completely and only wanted her for those two episodes.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
Loved seeing Caveperson Days again. I also noticed no Journey to Ernie or Spanish Word of the Day again. Spanish Word of the Day has aired once so far this season, but JtE hasn't aired at all yet. I noticed JtE wasn't mentioned in the Season 37 press kit, but figured it was too good to be true that it was really gone. Maybe they really did drop it?
It's possible. The only downside to the lack of JTE is that it was when they used Matt Vogel's Big Bird for the most part. I know his BB voice is still a little off, but he should be given more of a chance. Maybe they'll have more opportunities to incorporate Matt's Big Bird like they did in the "Adventures of Little Big Bird" series. I saw that Guy Smiley on You Tube, the one I missed when it was on before. I thought Eric's Guy voice was a little off, but still it was good to see the character again and he could improve the voice if he had more of a chance, same thing with Matt's Big Bird.

BTW, I missed the end of the part with Herb. Did Gordon ever realize that there was a giant dinosaur or will we have to wait and see, like we did with Snuffy?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, Gordon saw Herb. After everybody went into Hooper's... Herb came by with Slimey still riding him, Gordon almost disbelieving his own eyes after seeing the dinosaur.