Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Frank's and Eric's Grover voice are still different enough that I can kind of auditively tell who's who.
If you notice, Eric slipped in one Play With Me Sesame Oatmeal Art segment from Bert to Grover, and his Grover is quite similar to his everyday/angry Piggy.
Frank's Grover is the one I've grown up and can spot that one almost instantly.

Hope this helps.
Okay, I see. I think my problem is that I try to keep the sound down. Right now I'm living with my parents (I know it's embarassing to admit) and I don't want people to hear so I try to keep the thing low and read the captioning so I can't really recognize the voice that way. I have noticed a big difference between Frank and Eric's Grover in the version of "Monster in the Mirror" on PWMS, so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to tell the voices apart if I had more of a chance.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Todays episode was good. Miles and Gabbi graduated from high school (since Miles was born four years before Gabbi, does this mean that Gabbi skipped a few years? Or did Miles have to repeat some grades?). This episode also featured Ernie and Bert singing Things That I Rememebr, and there was an animated skit called Take a Look at 15, which looks and sounds like it was from the 1970s.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
My only gripe about the "Cookie World" episode is that I didn't want there to be an Elmo's World segment since Cookie already did just about everything that Elmo does. They could have used the time for more segments since Elmo takes up too much time and the street segments this year seem to be very very short.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Will have to time it during tomorrow's episode, but I believe that the street scenes and Elmo's World are about the same length of time, about 15 minutes long.
And the song "Fifteen" was from the early 1990's, I remember it cause I still had better vision back then when it first aired.

Will post my thoughts on 4112 at a later time today.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Todays episode was good. Miles and Gabbi graduated from high school (since Miles was born four years before Gabbi, does this mean that Gabbi skipped a few years? Or did Miles have to repeat some grades?). This episode also featured Ernie and Bert singing Things That I Rememebr, and there was an animated skit called Take a Look at 15, which looks and sounds like it was from the 1970s.
since no one was around when the both of them were born, It's not like the audience would know any better. Except us who were around back then.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not a lot of new material in today's show so I'll comment on the street story. Yeah. For this most part, I'd consider this a continuity error since Miles and Gabi wouldn't have started school at the same time. In fact, I think there was an ep years ago that showed Miles starting school.

since no one was around when the both of them were born, It's not like the audience would know any better. Except us who were around back then.
I didn't think of it that way, but you may be right. They tend to reach our more to little children who are new to the show, rather than to older people who remember what really happened. It's also strange how Elmo has been around for more than 21 years and he's never been to school. You'd think that the writers would at least have put him in preschool by now. Besides, I think I remember Elmo was there when Gina graduated, so he should know about this stuff.

It was a good ep overall and a good way to give Susan some airtime. Just one complaint. At the party where the heck were Big Bird and Snuffy? You'd think they would have been there in honor of Miles and Gabi.

By the way, who played the teacher? She reminded me a bit of Olivia.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Berry Lee said in the Season 37 Characters thread that was Lilias White, known to all of us longtime SS watchers as Lilian Edwards.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
1990's, I remember it cause I still had better vision back then when it first aired.
Just because you saw it in the early 1990s doesn't mean that it was from that time period. Many segments have been repeated many times over the years. Maybe not as much now, but for many years segments were always repeated.

It could still be from the early 1990s. I thought that the animation style looked like it was from the 1970s. The song was a 1950s-style song.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just saw the Law and Order parody on youtube. I'm sorry I missed it on TV, it was a very clever parody of SVU and what ought to be seen on Sesame Street more often.

That's the Sesame Street I remember. For the moment, my faith has been renewed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Calm down MinorMuppets.

Yes, I understand what you're saying...
The song style was definitely 50's-ish.
The animation style, as I remember it, was more in line with the stuff from 1990's though. Cleaner and neater than the rough yet radical sketchwork from the 70's.
But you might be right and I might be wrong, or viceversa... Let's just agree to mutually and peacibly disagree... At least, I'll bow to your knowledge/info if it is correct versus mine.
Peace. Oh, and review coming soon.