Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

BEAR

Reaction score
I am rewatching the season premiere and I forgot to mention before how funny it was when Abby would imitate Count's laugh ("ah ah") after he taught her to count to ten and the thunder would clap. Reminds me of the time Cookie Monster did that too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Along with the episode where Ernie was appointed "Count For The Day" and he would run around saying "Thunder" and "Lightning" after he found out that was something that only happens when my roomie counts.

But I'm interested to know if anyone watched today's episode and what was shown.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I didn't mention that their harmony was also really good.
Oh yeah, I love the chemistry those two have with each other.

BEAR

Reaction score
It looks as if Abby and Big Bird are gonna be good friends. Big Bird really took her under his wing (no pun intended).

Big Bird: (walking Abby home) Do your wings ever itch?
Abby: Sometimes, but I just scratch them with my wand.
Big Bird: Oh, I'll have to get a wand.

Loved that!

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Along with the episode where Ernie was appointed "Count For The Day" and he would run around saying "Thunder" and "Lightning" after he found out that was something that only happens when my roomie counts.

But I'm interested to know if anyone watched today's episode and what was shown.

That's right! Didn't Ernie and Count used to interact a lot together as a pair? Also with Cookie Monster. What happened to that?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I didn't know if this song was a new one or an old one. "Dinger with Me" I think is what Ernie called it. It was pretty funny. Bert didn't want to sing along and told Ernie he wasn't going to sing along even tho Bert said he wouldn't at the end of the song after everyone went out of the room Bert started to sing the song and Ernie snuck up behind the green chair and asked Bert what he was doing. Bert then said nothing. It was pretty funny.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I didn't know if this song was a new one or an old one. "Dinger with Me" I think is what Ernie called it. It was pretty funny. Bert didn't want to sing along and told Ernie he wasn't going to sing along even tho Bert said he wouldn't at the end of the song after everyone went out of the room Bert started to sing the song and Ernie snuck up behind the green chair and asked Bert what he was doing. Bert then said nothing. It was pretty funny.
You know, that song sounds like I have heard it before too. But I'm not sure.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Saw ep number 2

I saw the second ep of the new season of SS today. I liked seeing Mother Goose again "in the gooseflesh" My daughter Megan liked it too. Kind of interesting how Abby would not stay in school but was constantly poofing in and out of the classroom (that would not fly in a real school, the teacher would have some rather harsh words to say about that). Red Riding Hood's mistaking everyone for her grandma got rather annoying after a while though. My wife was hoping that they would make Baby Bear's adventures at the Fairytale Community School a regular thing, and it looks like they have.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I only saw a few minutes of the beginning segment, but I loved Cookie's World. The funniest thing in the world is a self-parody. I especially liked how Cookie's world was just the street, like he was pretending to do the show. And they even parodied Dorothy... a cookie in a fish bowl. "Say goodbye cookie... cuz between you and me, you not be here for very much longer!" Classic cookie. And somehow, I couldn't help notice that David Rudman was performing Cookie really well today. I almost didn't notice it wasn't Frank Oz. But the crowning achievement had to go to Mr. Bobble. and of course, Cookie's hillarious response, "You didn't answer question Mr. Bobble. That why you so funny!"

and in reference to onday's episode... I forgot one thing. I love how Elmo introduced himself... "Elmo's Elmo." Can't believe I almost missed that one!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Okay, here's my review of "Cookies World."

1. Loved the premise, Cookie Monster was hillarious!
  2. The Dinner theater was great, it was nice to see more anything muppet sketches.
  3. And here's the highlight of the episode: A NEW WAITER GROVER SKECTH, Hillarious! I loved Fat Blue and Grover in the russian resteraunt. That was the highlight of this episode.
  4. They had a re-used Bert and Ernie skit where Ernie pats his head and rubs his belly, I wish they would have made a new one or put in an old one.
Overall, this is my favorite episode from this season so far. :stick_out_tongue: