Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ungh... I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to the airing schedule. If new episodes start airing on November 6, then I'll tune in and see what we get. If Episode 4134 airs on Friday November 10, SS's anniversary then great but I won't be too surprised if it doesn't.

Case in point... This is why I get extremely annoyed/upset with the way they air their episodes, saving one batch of episodes to air first and another batch to air later, and then decide to repeat the first batch of episodes before getting to the last batch. If you're going to establish an airing pattern like the following: Season 37 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday of Week 1 and repeats on Tuesday and Thursday of Week 1; then alternate it to the reverse order for Week 2... Then stick with that format!!!

Got a repeat yesterday, fine, that's the normal airing pattern.
And then I get another Season 35 repeat today when it should've been Episode 4118 today.
And that's on top of not making sense of the previous airing patterns involving Season 37... Are you going to air episodes on Tuesday-Thursday for three consecutive days? Are you going to air Season 37 episodes on Mondays and Wednesdays and Thursdays? Or are you going to air them on Monday, Wednesday, Friday to be alternated with repeats on a two-week basis?
Pick a pattern and run with it already!!

Not to mention that they'll be cutting into the repeat of Season 37 ahead of time, cause not all of the first twenty-one episodes will have aired by the time we get to 4130 on November 6.

Sorry for the rant, it's just got me a bit upset.
Thanks for the news though Big Bird Fan, have a good day guys.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It'll air from 9 PM to 10:30 PM EST, check your local listings or the SS Special thread in the TV & Movies section of the forum.
Hope this helps.

Stulz

Reaction score
SAP Anyone?

Is anyone elses PBS station airing the episodes with a SAP (Second Audio Program, sometimes Spanish Audio Program) ?

In Southern Cali, KCET has been airing many episodes with audio for the blind included on the left channel. While I applaude SW and/or PBS for thinking of their sight challenged audience, I think they need to offer that audio program as a seperate option, like they do with spanish laguage tracks and closed captioning. It's painfully hard to watch the show when the annoucer chimes into tell you "Cookie Monster, a blue puppet eats cookies" "Elmo, a furry red puppet" everytime a character is on shown especially when it' s sometimes before they even enter the screen.

I find myself having to unplug the audio line that the track is on in order to watch.

Anyone else having this issue?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Ungh... I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to the airing schedule. If new episodes start airing on November 6, then I'll tune in and see what we get. If Episode 4134 airs on Friday November 10, SS's anniversary then great but I won't be too surprised if it doesn't.

Case in point... This is why I get extremely annoyed/upset with the way they air their episodes, saving one batch of episodes to air first and another batch to air later, and then decide to repeat the first batch of episodes before getting to the last batch. If you're going to establish an airing pattern like the following: Season 37 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday of Week 1 and repeats on Tuesday and Thursday of Week 1; then alternate it to the reverse order for Week 2... Then stick with that format!!!
Agreed. It's one of those collector type things. Like when you can't stand getting doubles in a package of something that's randomly inserted. I cannot stand watching repeats and threepeats of the same show over and over and I just want to get the entire season OVER with, THEN go to the reruns. Which is why I never liked Kid's WB.... they run 3 episodes in September, then right to the reruns until November.

This format is hurting the ratings. Not only do you have to wait X-ammount of days/months for the new episodes to actually air, but once they do, they cut them with the same repeats they repeated over the course of infinity.

That said, I found a perfect way to see all 37 season episodes. Step one... Build a time Machine. Step 2, go 2 years into the future and wait for the next season to start. Season 37 will be reran 3 times before they actually start airing new episodes.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I just saw the letter J episode. You know, the one where Elmo calls himself "Jelmo". Didn't see it the first time it aired. Anyway, I caught some golden references. The toaster Maria was working on had a tag on it that said "Frank Oz". It also looked like it was written the way Oz signs his name. Another one is when the man (voiced by David Rudman) comes in looking for the Fix-It Shop and says "It's so hard to find a good old fix-it shop these days." Probably referencing the times when the Fix-It Shop was the Mail-It Shop.
Yeah. I saw that one for the first time last Monday. Then I'll get the "Ask Oscar" episode on Friday. (I only saw the street scene of that one) I'm hoping my station will soon start playing the ones I didn't see, so I can get caught up.

I didn't see, the "Frank Oz" tag on the toaster. But maybe it really was him who signed it. After all, he does show up once or twice a season to do Bert, Grover or Cookie Monster so it's always a possibility.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno about the song, you'd have to ask Phillip directly about that one.

Know what you mean about Kids WB's repeats, that's what annoyed me the most about the first season of The Batman...
Cartoon Network does the same thing sometimes... Like now for instance, been waiting all of October to get back to the normal lineup. They give you an episode of the normal shows like Naruto or Zach Bell, tease you with next week's episode, and then keep it off the air for three weeks with consecutive movie imports. {Personally, that's part of what led to the demise of Knights of the Zodiac and Ravemaster.}
Well... Hope the mess with Sesame Street can get resolved by year's end, when hopefully we'll have gotten all the repeats and new episodes from the one season in some sort of jumbled airing order.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I checked the pbs website and it seems that where I live, they're starting all over again from the beginning. At least that's what they're doing with the afternoon episodes. I'll have to keep checking to see where they are with the morning eps. I got the "Ask Oscar" one today, so hopefully they'll keep going from there.