Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

Drtooth

Reaction score
JTE? They haven't had that in the last few seasons. I think you probably meant B & E's Great Adventures. But you're right, but I think they're doing better with those alternations this year. Now the question I'm curious about....
That's right... I was talking about that one. E&B alternated every other episode or so last season as well, but not with Murray. And the fact they only had 13 Murray segments that they had to show in 26 episodes, they should have alternated them to begin with. Now we have to deal with threepeats in this season, which will clearly alternate with last season shortly.

Who the heck is this RE, RE, REEEEE Japanese character? You might be keeping us up all night with that one. Lol.
Old Man Rerere (Rerere no Ojisama) from Tensai Bakabon... artist's rendering... I told you only I know or care about him... Rerere no reeeee is all he says, along with "Sweep Sweeep Sweep" or "Clean Clean Clean." He has an obsessive tendency to sweep. I just tossed it in there as a joke cuz I used all those "re's"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I get it now. My brother might know of that character. He's sort of into Japanese anime. Though he doesn't look to much like an Anime character either. Hmmmm.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. I get it now. My brother might know of that character. He's sort of into Japanese anime. Though he doesn't look to much like an Anime character either. Hmmmm.
Unless your brother is Japanese and was alive in the 60's, I doubt he would, but this is completely off topic for a semi-inside joke.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... Just a reminder... the next new episode airs tomorrow, as opposed to today, and the one after that airs Friday. We're starting the rerun integration again....

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Oh... Just a reminder... the next new episode airs tomorrow, as opposed to today, and the one after that airs Friday. We're starting the rerun integration again....
Well, maybe now I'll have enough time to watch all of these. :smile: I have maybe four or five episodes taped that I haven't watched yet. :stick_out_tongue:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am having to catch up on a weeks worh of the show , but i am loving this season the guest stars are wonderful . I love the skits to i am really loving the ones with abby and Elmo they are as cute as ever .:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
i am having to catch up on a weeks worh of the show , but i am loving this season the guest stars are wonderful . I love the skits to i am really loving the ones with abby and Elmo they are as cute as ever .:smile:
I'm really pleasantly surprised at how much i've been enjoying Elmo lately. I used to love the character when he first started but over time the character lost a lot of the things that made him unique and became more a generic icon after the Tickle Me Elmo craze. But lately i've seen so many little things about the character that reminds me of the initial endearing things that were so great about his character. Maybe in all the retrospective looking back that everyone does on a decade anniversary, Kevin looked at some of his old work and got reinspired to get the character a little bit more back to his roots.

I'm glad we've got some repeats coming up - my local station had been really weird in terms of having some kind of transmission quirk - about four of the new episodes so far had some kind of video problem when it was first aired so each time i opted not to save the tape intending to get a better copy for my collection once they reair.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. My TV listings aren't always right, so I often just need to watch and see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad we've got some repeats coming up - my local station had been really weird in terms of having some kind of transmission quirk - about four of the new episodes so far had some kind of video problem when it was first aired so each time i opted not to save the tape intending to get a better copy for my collection once they reair.
You know, they're starting to rerun new episodes already... the Baby Bear is afraid of Bees episode aired yesterday, in fact... so you may want to get that VCR or whatever in gear for tomorrow and Thursday, when repeats are airing. And before someone says "repeats already?" It makes more sense to rerun episodes they just aired for a little while before they show more of the previous season, which they showed solidly for over a year now.

I wish the new Arthur episodes went into reruns this fast. Seems I always miss them and have to wait months to see them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today, 2 things happened that we've been waiting for all season. First off, Oscar makes his first episode appearance all season (at least that I know of... he didn't appear in the Y quest and Season change, did he? I missed those), and we've got 2 letter and 2 number of the day segments, instead of just one extended one.

The (Sesame Workshop given) title pretty much gave the ending away... Grouch Messing Machine? But it was a good ride, we had some familiar sounding music underscored in the background (is that a hidden gem?) And Luis cleans out a washing machine with Teeny little Superguy in it (so that's where he was all this time... in someone's coat pocket or something). And we had Oscar applaud the broken washer in the laundromat (you'd think the solution would have been a lot more obvious at that point). Grundgetta even makes a cameo as one of the Grouches. I can't say I'm a fan of how Elmo handled the episode (Let's look for the Wrench...etc)

Abby may have been a rerun, but this is the first time seeing it. Man, the writing in that segment is just so sharp for what it is. Especially the bit about James Brown. Classic.

We saw Worms in Space, the 7 cats and 7 dancing kids, the weird poem about shoes, Ernie's "Somebody Come and Play," and Murray's Farm School expedition again... but that's the first time we saw that piece about the picnic ants and the carrots. I kinda liked that one.