Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

DTF

Reaction score
The good points:

• The best balance of classic and new characters, Muppets and humans that I've seen in years. I loved watching Snuffy and Big Bird hit it off old-style, then turning to Gordon for the answer to a science question. Abby's latest wish-granting goes wrong again, but at least the results are less predictable; Snuffy realizes for himself that wishing for no gravity was foolish, and Abby undoes the spell correctly the first time. Whoever put this gem of a plot together deserves a promotion!

• Yes, if that's the last one I get to see this year, it'll go out on a high note.

Although I noticed the sub sandwich stayed together awfully well - but you could argue it was wrapped with clear plastic wrap so I wouldn't quibble.

(Fozzie voice: Actually, I think it was held together with tomato paste. Aaaahhhh!)

I enjoyed the tooth fairy one - especially because it brought something new to my mind. The tooth fairy actually *changing* the teeth into money. I'm sure I can't be the only one who thought the tooth fairy did something with the teeth themselves and just put money there. Like maybe making houses out of them?:smile:

TSSD

Reaction score
I just saw Music Magic and loved it. It went all over the street you saw Bob, Gordon, Alan, Hooper's, and Baby Bear (Who strangely enough I used to love and remember more than Bert):frown: It was really good. I was shocked. Have the gravity one DVRed for Sun, can't wait to see it since all of you guys loved it so much. Although I still hate Murray, the newer Sesame St. is starting to grow on me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I just remembered we ain't getting anymore episodes till the end of the month... out of order as a makeshift Halloween special no doubt (deals with spiders, after all).

Phooey and double phooey.

gail

Reaction score
Guess I'll add my two cents.

I don't care for Murray. He irritates me! :smile:

Though, I love Little Murray Sparkles and wish he would make another appearance!

Is Gina or Allan still appearing on Sesame Street?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... Here's a Sesame Street News Flash!

As Drtooth said, the next new episode from Season 41 will indeed air out of order. According to Muppet Wiki, the episode in question—Episode 4226: Where's Itsy Bitsy?—will air on October 29, 2010. Unfortunately, this means I'll probably miss out on the rest of the season due to stinkin' Daylight Savings Time ending for this year. Also, Episode 4226 is another nature clues episode where Elmo and Telly and Rosita search for Itsy Bitsy Spider, only to keep getting hints from other insects. Episodes 4223, 4224, and 4225 will air during the first week of November from the 1st to the 5th on every other day as is customary for Sesame Street airings.

Additionally... You know those Season 39 episodes they've been airing but with slight formating differences to when they originally aired two years ago? Well, those formatted Season 39 episodes are being claimed as Season 41 episodes, starting from 4239 to 4256 listed after Episode 4238 at Muppet Wiki's article for the new season.

Hope this helps and enjoy the rest of the new episodes. :batty: :wisdom: :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, Episode 4226 is another nature clues episode where Elmo and Telly and Rosita search for Itsy Bitsy Spider, only to keep getting hints from other insects.
Sounds like a real gas.... sleeping gas.

As Grouchy Smurf would say "I HATE My world is Green and growing!" :grouchy:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Count, I think that's a mistake. The episode was labeled wrong on the press kit and I didn't change it on the Wiki yet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er what's the mistake Shane? Like I said, after going to Muppet Wiki and searching for "Season 41", then scroling down to the episode list, I checked the airdates and got the following:
Episode 4223: November 1, 2010.
Episode 4224: November 3, 2010.
Episode 4225: November 5, 2010.
Episode 4226: October 29, 2010.