Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

cahuenga

Reaction score
Did Luis, Gaby and Susan appear on Season 43? we have 4 episodes left to end the season and I think they didnt appear yet!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bet the end of this episode, Murray announces "Today's Engineering Street is brought to you by the letter pulley and the number pulley."

Really? 3 sketches about pulleys, and only one of them (Spider-Monster) that's actually funny (and short and snappy) enough to get away with it? UGH! Snuffy was the only bright spot in a very boring opening story. I already complained about it, but for the love of Pete... really. Trial and error, trial and error... just please remake 321 Contact if you feel the need to fill in a need left by our education system. The only highlights of this episode were the celebrity Word of the Day, the People in the Neighborhood about Bollywood dancing, the first letter U cartoon (that second one about the swing looking like a U was terrible), and the rerun of Spider-Monster.

And the worst bit is, Spider-Monster essentially was the street story's main point, only... again, funnier, shorter, snappier, and not bludgeoning the audience with the blunt end of the premise. Seriously, kids may have trouble with letters and numbers, but I doubt any of them will forget what a pulley is for the rest of their lives.

Well, luckily the next episode is about... trial and error engineering? Hopefully the next episodes with the exact same premise but starring Baby Bear and Oscar will be good on the merits of the characters and guest stars involved.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the street story was pretty good. I just hope that since they put Elmo, Snuffy, and Alan in tutus, that kids don't start thinking that boys can wear tutus too. The Word of the Day bit was good. Leslie sure loves doing a penguin whenever she can. The Peeps in the Hood bits were very good. All the girls in those bits were cute. I also liked that just about every segment had to do with the street story. They don't do that very often. Oscarfan, here are the old Muppet segments they showed until you get the episode file: AFFS Sugar Plum Dancing Shoes, the Count sings 8 Is Great, SG 2.O birds getting a piano in their nest, Spider-Monster, and ETM Airplane.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Did Luis, Gaby and Susan appear on Season 43? we have 4 episodes left to end the season and I think they didnt appear yet!
Unless you want to count Episodes 4312 (which had Susan) and 4327 (which had all 3 of them) I don't think they made any new appearances all season so far. But for some reason, I would imagine them appearing in Episode 4324.

I know that the first 2 episodes I mentioned are repeats, but that's all I can think of.

cahuenga

Reaction score
wow its the first season they will not appear in any new episode...:sigh:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, there's still hope. Like you pointed out, there's 4 more episodes that haven't aired yet, so they just might appear in one (or maybe all 4) of them.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, luckily the next episode is about... trial and error engineering? Hopefully the next episodes with the exact same premise but starring Baby Bear and Oscar will be good on the merits of the characters and guest stars involved.
I just watched the next episode's story on SS.org (Rocco's Playdate), and yeah, it's the same trial and error process, but it's actually pretty darn funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as Elmo gets flustered by Rocko again. At least it gets him to emote.