Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm glad Oscarfan mentioned that you can watch them on SS.org, because I missed the "Lifting Snuffy" episode. Again, I have a local channel that plays the show in the evening, but I missed the street scene since I went out to dinner with my family. Plus I found that the show still had "Elmo's World" so it had to have been a repeat. I guess they played the wrong one anyway. So if I'm looking at the right one, now I don't have to wait until Sunday. Thanks for that info.

I just watched the next episode's story on SS.org (Rocco's Playdate), and yeah, it's the same trial and error process, but it's actually pretty darn funny.
Now that I saw "Lifting Snuffy," I have to say that one was funny as well with Snuffy knocking Alan over and everything. I'm looking forward to watching "Rocco's Playdate."

Though in response to Dr. Tooth's post, I think Elmo has warmed up to Rocco a little bit over the past few seasons. That's what it seems like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, not without trying. There were some genuinely funny moments, like when the lever wasn't working and Snuffy kept saying how it was like he was already flying and saying how light he was, without going anywhere and Alan struggling.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I liked seeing Snuffy doing something without Big Bird It made him likeable to me in this story.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I know what you mean. There haven't been a lot of solo Snuffy moments lately like they had back in the 80s and 90s except for a few seasons ago when he played the dinosaur for Elmo.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So was todays show a repeat... Because it was good to see Bob and Barkly I personally have not seen ether of them on the Street in a long time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow, Elmo making a balloon friend for Rocko reminded me of this:

Anyway, at least the engineering aspect was toned down a bit this episode. Comes across as simple arts and crafts. I really liked Elmo's little aside about "Elmo can't believe Elmo just said that..." If that wasn't improved, Kevin did a heck of a job delivering that line. Zoe's Rocko running gag (Elmo: But Rocko's just a rock! Zoe: A Rock that___________) really sold this episode. It was actually pretty cute and funny.

The Alphabet song is just about the only other thing (other than Murray) that was interesting about it. I love those wacky alien designs... especially the 3 mouthed thing that stuck out its tongues with letters on them. The Somebody Come and Play bit sounded real tone deaf and wasn't too interesting (at least compared to other versions of the song on the show).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was hilarious! I loved the make a friend song. The Word of the Day bit was pretty good. Abby looked so cute stuck to Matt Kemp. The new Murray tune-ins were good. I loved the remembering dance. Oscarfan, here are the old Muppet bits they showed until you get the episode file: AFFS pet day, Bruno Mars sings Don't Give Up, Magic Murray shows the number 9 with Xena, the Count hits a golf ball 9 times to get it out of the sand trap, SG 2.O rodent restaurant, and ETM pizza.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Somehow, Elmo making a balloon friend for Rocko reminded me of this:

Anyway, at least the engineering aspect was toned down a bit this episode. Comes across as simple arts and crafts. I really liked Elmo's little aside about "Elmo can't believe Elmo just said that..." If that wasn't improved, Kevin did a heck of a job delivering that line. Zoe's Rocko running gag (Elmo: But Rocko's just a rock! Zoe: A Rock that___________) really sold this episode. It was actually pretty cute and funny.

The Alphabet song is just about the only other thing (other than Murray) that was interesting about it. I love those wacky alien designs... especially the 3 mouthed thing that stuck out its tongues with letters on them. The Somebody Come and Play bit sounded real tone deaf and wasn't too interesting (at least compared to other versions of the song on the show).
Yeah. I see what you mean. I don't see why they can't just play Joe Raposo's original version. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah. Definitely. Even though this was sort of 'trial and error' they did tone it down and bring back more classic SS humor. I hope whoever performs Elmo next will show that same kind of zest or whatever you call it.

the Count hits a golf ball 9 times to get it out of the sand trap,
I'm glad they did that one even though it was from a few seasons ago. It's a good tribute to Jerry (with him as the Count and the announcer), plus I liked the Guy Smiley cameo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I see what you mean. I don't see why they can't just play Joe Raposo's original version. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'm not saying that. Sesame Street's fleeting demographic makes sketch remakes a must. They've been remaking sketches since season 2 (Rubber Duckie/I Love Trash with Green Oscar). It's just this version, and I know what they were going for, fell a little flat. And I mean that literally when it comes to the music. It certainly had cute visuals, and the kids did their best. I kinda feel a little ashamed and mean for not really digging this version, but the results didn't gel. It all points to the fact that this was indeed an amateur project, but even by that standard it wasn't as good as it should have been. Even if they autotuned the kids so they sing in key. Just the tone deafness of the music ruined it.