1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2012.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I don't watch The Voice, the actual show the parody's based on, and just thought it was another Ryan Seacrust vehicle.
    *Needs to watch The Soup again to get more mocking jabs at that guy from Joel McHale.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I forget, and maybe someone can help me with this... did Elmo's World alternate every couple of episodes the first time, or did they just dive into the every episode portion when it premiered? But I was more than expecting ETM to jump into repeats. I expected to see Guacamole the Musical again the third day in actually.

There's a difference?!?
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

When Elmo's World premiered in November 1998, the same segment on "Balls" was shown the entire week. Many liked the segment. They were just disappointed that the same Elmo's World was shown five days in a row.
  4. Drtooth

Ah...

Now I remember. I think I mixed it up with another segment. Elmo's World: Play orbs is a worst case scenario that even Abby's Flying School didn't surpass, thankfully.

And thanks for the help.
  5. The Count

What about the episode with The Little Merbear and The Plant Who Wanted to Be a Boy that aired three days in a row? That, sir, is the worst hands down. At least you're getting five different SST episodes with the EW: Balls segment.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well they need to come up with some kind of balance because kids and adults loss interest in re runs very quickly, and they should want to keep viewers not loss them.
    If Elmo the Musical is going to cost so much more money then that has to be an issue and needs to be dealt with.
    The only thing i can think of would be to go back to the very old format of putting the street story out through out the whole show.
    Again i must say that today and all this weeks street stories where pure wonderful and they all did not center around Elmo which is a nice change.
    So I think they need to re work some things. All in all i am loving this season I have not watched SS in a long time and this season is really bringing me back to being a huge fan with some minor changes needed.
  7. Drtooth

Sadly, that's not quite correct. Adults might get sick of reruns, but apparently kids love them. I don't see why, but then again we live in an age of internet and DVD's, where we can watch something once and be content to watch it again in time.

But aside from that, SW really can't help reruns. I'm sure they'd love to have more episodes a season and more Elmo Musical and Abby School segments... but that's like saying I'd love a new car. It's a budget thing, they have to save money where they can, especially considering the scope of what SW does. And creepy superimposed baby head commercials aren't quite doing it.

Best we can do is donate to PBS and hope it goes to kid's programming instead of that British midwife crap and buy as much Sesame Street merchandise as possible. But then again, we'd need money to do that.
  8. dwayne1115

Sadly your probably right now after thinking about what you have said I know your right.
    It has been a good season though.
  9. dwayne1115

Tomorrow's show is going to be the one to watch. Cookie finaly deals with eating vegetables and being called a veggy monster my Mario Lopez. This should be good!
  10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

And I'll be home this weekend, so I'll be able to catch it, as well as the season premiere on Sat.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  11. dwayne1115

I'm glad Oscarfan!
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The episode for Friday September 28 is...

4305: Me Am What Me Am

Cookie Monster becomes known as the Veggie Monster after he eats several carrots.

13. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

HA, they're finally doing a full episode on this inside joke. :insatiable:

I'm watching right now and I'm finding it hilarious.
    theSHE124 likes this.
  14. The Count

Episode 4305: Me Am What Me Am.
    Word on the Street: Patience.

Street Story.
    Cookie Monster and Chris are making cookies... Actually, the street story starts with them finishing up the song "Another Season", a song sung by Frank Oz.
    Okay... So this is basically a street story long rehash of the sketch with Matt Lawer from when the "Veggie Monster" story got blown up out of proportion, but with Mario Lopez for Extra Sesame Street instead.
    DD you A.C. Slater and your gotcha journalistic practices! ! :grr:
    And you'd think everybody on Sesame Street would know better than to automatically believe Cookie dubbed as the Veggie Monster.
    Thank you Cookie for setting the record straight, hopefully once and for all, with a sweet rousing song channeling Popeye's famous catch phrase, "Me Am What Me Am".
    So why the frog did we have to wait seven years continually reliving this crud?!?
    Hands down, the worst street story of the week, except for that song by :insatiable:.
    Segments.
    1 Muppet/Celebrity: Elmo and sombody explain "patience" while waiting for the basketball to get some air.
    2 Chefs Murray and Ovejita prepare a W with walnuts, watermelon, and waffles.
    Er, Ovejita, "W" in Spanish isn't "doble u", it's properly said "uve doble".
    3 Kids went walking in the woods, where they found a wand and made a wish for W-words like water and wings and wind and a wagon filled with watermelons, a whale upon a wave.
    Is okay, but Wacky Waldo would have been better.
    4 W is for Wings animated sketch. This one I kind of like because of the nocturnal feel with the owls and bats.
    5 Abby's Flying Fairy School: CaptainPirate Treasure Hunt.
    The kids meet Mrs. Sparklenose's old friend Captain Hook.
    Abby's a cousin to Tinker Bell?
    Peter the Pan, LOL!
    Dress-Up Corner to help Blögg get into costume... Is that next to their Block Corner? *Sesame fans should get that reference.
    Hook: "I landed on my pirate booty!"
    Wait a second... 2 cups of water from the Island of the Gushing Geysers, then 3 spoons of cinnamon from the Spice Islands...
    :) Cute, cute pun.
    That's not a treasure map, it's a recipe page!
    :hungry: Ya ya, making der nummy nummy crees-cruss applisos.
    Which was what Mrs. Sparklenose mentioned at the beginning of the segment.
    Heh, Blögg thinks the frilly shirt's making him smarter. Now lad, walk the plank to measure out a trollful of apples.
    I wonder if the fairies know about the Accio spell to bring items towards them.
    6 Updated version of "Count Me In".
    7 Chef Murray and Ovejita prepare a 2 full of two sticks of butter.
    8 Muppets: Elmo and Abby count and sing "Two Is My Favorite Number", originally sung by Joe Raposo.
    9 Super Grover 2.0: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, repeat.
    10 Murray at the Museum of Modern Remembering, trying to remember which door is the bird behind.
    11 Muppets: Birdwalk Empire.
    Nice to hear Frank voicing a new character, Clucky Luciano.
    Enjoyed all the punny gangster names.
    12 Elmo: The Musical, Pizza, The Musical.
    Anybody got the number so I can call Elmo's Astro-Delivery Pizzas?
    The crew takes off to fly their order off to Mars.
    Because of the Zero G's, they lose six slices before passing Earth's moon.
    Curse that shooting star for blasting a hole in the astronauts' spaceship.
    The space chicken, with his Elvis mannerisms and laser tag game, does that remind anyone of anybody?
    And of course they plug up the laser cannon barrels with the remaining slices, escaping the nafarious chicken's clutches.
    Yay! The Martians! And the play ends in a Martian pizzabox dance.
    Was waiting for the Martians to end up eating the box instead though.
    cahuenga likes this.
  15. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

What? Frank Oz as Cookie Monster again? Was it a song specifically recorded for this episode or was it an old song from the past?
  16. Oscarfan

No, Frank was a chicken in Birdwalk Empire. The episode's song was indeed new.
  17. Drtooth

I agree. They waited too long for this sort of episode, but I have to say... in an age run by tabloid celebrity stalkerazzi media, I'm glad Sesame Street managed to hand over its butt on a platter. Soundbites being half sound bites, internet video clips being news... that's not just how we get our celebrity news... that's how we get our news altogether. At least A.C. Slater didn't drive Cookie to shaving off his hair and having him call himself the Anti-Cookie.

But Cookie doing La Cage Aux Folles? Priceless. And Big Bird and Snuffy too! There really seems to have been more Muppets than usual these first 5 episodes.

Liked seeing Captain Hook in Abby's Fairy School, especially the nod to Abby being related to Tinkerbell. I'm just going to take Blogg's desire to wear a puffy pirate shirt as a Seinfeld reference.

Birdwalk Empire... they got a "beakeasy" joke in there. Parental/historian bonus. And I like how Frank was in a parody of a show starring Steve Buschemi. After all, they were co-stars in Monsters Inc, where Frank played his suffering sidekick.

And Elmo the musical... I don't know what was a bigger highlight. Darth Chicken or the Yip Yips!
    Duke Remington and The Count like this.
  18. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I mean in the episodes song, was it Frank as Cookie? because The count said: "Cookie Monster and Chris are making cookies... Actually, the street story starts with them finishing up the song "Another Season", a song sung by Frank Oz."
  19. Oscarfan

Oh, I see it now. I think he means they're singing a song originally done by Frank ("It's another season, another reason for eating cookie!")
    cahuenga likes this.
  20. The Count

Yes, what Oscarfan said was what I meant. *Hands out cookies just to spite the "Veggie Mongahs" out there.