1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

But aside this episode, it was said that last season Frank taped two Grover/ Fat blue sketches,(one, the tree cofee, shown this season), theHeaviest Catch spoof, and a song sung by Grover, which hasnt appeared yet. Will be shown this song on the season 43?
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Yes, in the Hat Day episode.
    cahuenga likes this.
  3. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Thanks!!!!
  4. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Also I think today's epsiode celebrity was Zack Efron.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I loved the street story again today!
    Duke Remington likes this.
  6. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

OK, long story short, I LOVED the street story that debunks the infamous "Veggie Monster" rumors. It seems this episode was written with the fans in mind, and all the others that believed those rumors.
    theSHE124 and Duke Remington like this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The end where he eats the lamp post sold the entire rest of the story. I was hoping he'd eat something like that.
  8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The street story was awesome! I hope all the Veggie Monster believers see it. The Word of the Day was okay. The highlight was Elmo's "BOI" thing. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new AFFS was good. I liked Abby saying her cousin is Tinkerbell. Elmo and Abby's version of 2 is My Favorite Number was catchy. The Boardwalk Empire parody was hilarious! Great to see Frank preforming another one-shot Muppet. The new ETM was great. I loved the Dearth Vater parody and the Yip-Yips. Overall, good week. My only complaint for the week is we haven't seen a new Super Grover 2.O.
  9. Oscarfan

So, I just had my first taste of season 43:

I liked the street story actually. It had a lot of characters in it; I kinda wish Maria had more to do, but whatever. I also expected Cookie to take a bigger bite from the lampost.

I can't complain about the new tune-ins. The Museum of Modern Remembering went on a tad too long for my taste (maybe shortening the counting part would've worked).

As I said before, I think this "Count Me In" can be taken more seriously because they have it an edge. I also think the woman with the tattoos is kinda attractive...

Birdwalk Empire, always great to have some Frank. "Two is You and Me" cover was also great.

Elmo the Musical. Drtooth was right, that 11 minutes zoomed by like *snap* that! The songs were good (I really enjoyed the Chicken's) and c'mon, more Martians is always great. I can kinda see why some of the youngins would be turned off by it, but hopefully they'll warm up to it maybe. You'd think that since they eat up anything Elmo, they'd enjoy it. I liked it and can't wait to see more.
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I don't know about that, but I did catch Frank's voice in yesterday's ep with that chicken who sounded like Bert. It's good to know that he's still performing random characters as well as his own Bert, Grover and, Cookie.

Yeah. I actually thought Zoe, Rosita, Big Bird and Snuffy were being kind of rude there. After all they've known Cookie Monster for years and Mario was just a one time visitor. Shouldn't he have been at Bowser's castle looking for Princess Toadstool? Oops. Wrong Mario.

That was Zac? I probably should have known. I haven't seen much of him since his days on "Summerland" and "High School Musical." He's really grown since then.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Okay... I knew Sesame would be repeated this morning at 8 AM. But I didn't really remember until twenty minutes later, so I missed out on Episode 4301's street story and Muppet/Celebrity word of the day sketches.
    What I did catch was the following:

Chefs Murray and Ovejita prepare a P with potatoes, pickles, and pineapples.
    Hmm, a potato pickle pineapple pie? Oh, they must have bought that at Prickly Pines Bakery, someone must be lovesick.
    *Cookies to whoever gets that reference, Drtooth, I'm looking at you.

Abby's Flying Fairy School: Henking Day.
    Would like to see family members of the other characters, given they've explored Blögg's trollish heritage with this episode and the visit to Colonial Trolliamsburg.

Ovejita uses a remote control to make Murray bring in a 5 and do five handstands.

Muppets: "Five By".
    This just made me smile because it incorporated :batty:'s shtick into the song itself.

Super Grover 2.0: The Big Cheese, repeat, missed out on the ending after they put the wedge of cheese to keep the swinging door open.
    Uh, Grover, I thought you knew those doors swing in on you from all the time you've spent working at Charlie's.
    Mouse: "You keep a piano in your sock?"

Muppets: The Two-Headed Monster, Got Milk?

Elmo: The Musical, Guacamole: The Musical.
    This was another good addition to the series.
    New Characters: The Queen of Nacho Picchu, The Rhombus of Recipes, Nose Macdonald.
    Indiana Jones spoof with the Temple of Spoons.
    Guacamole dance.
    Really good, ETM has truly become a smash hit.
  12. Oscarfan

I saw that ep this morning too. The street story was great and very funny. I mean no offense to Alan Muroka at all, but his performance of Alan has started to get...hammy since Chris came around (who I'll also admit is a ham). But I loved David Hyde Pierce and I was hoping he wasn't the only club member as it seem he was in the preview video (it wouldn't have made sense to have all those tables for just him).

Neat new AFFS (with NO "Gone again" joke thankfully), the Two-Headed Monster bit was the kind of thing Jerry/Richard would've done. And I don't know what more I can say on ETM, it's great. This particular segment was not AS good as the Pizza one, but it was enjoyable.
  13. antsamthompson9

I hope they fix their filming schedules soon. They really need to film all the episodes for the season before the season actually premieres.
  14. Oscarfan

They have; all of season 44 is currently being filmed (not counting the Word of the Day-related bits).
  15. antsamthompson9

Well, that's good.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I don't know. I think "Word of the Day" is getting old. What's kind of disappointing about the fact that they still have the Murray block format is that when I saw the video about Eric performing Grover for 'The Moster at the End of this Show" bit, I thought they would have an episode that would end with that segment. Was Eric just adlibbing there or what was the deal with that?
  17. The Count

So, what's the title for today's episode?
  18. Oscarfan

There's no new ep. today, it's a repeat of the Hansel and Gretel episode from last week.
  19. The Count

Huh, that's weird. Thought there'd be a new episode today since Season 39 repeats are scheduled to start tomorrow. Oh well, please LMK when a new episode airs.
  20. Oscarfan

There's a new ep. this Thursday