Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The new Sesame Street episode for Thursday November 14 is...

Episode 4413 - Big Bird's Nest Sale

Snuffy helps Big Bird, who's having a nest sale to get rid of toys he no longer plays with. Snuffy accidentally sells Big Bird's favorite toy, however, causing Big Bird to set out to recover it.

Even though the street story is a repeat from Season 39, usually Sesame Workshop includes some great new segments in these episodes so be sure to tune in.

Nice to see Big Bird in the video.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Mando and Shirley singing I Love My Hair was great. I love that they made the song suitable for boys and girls. The SS Alphabet was awesome! Just about every Muppet was there! And Ernie and Abby were finally in the same shot! I hope Steve puppeteered Ernie. I don't think he knows Abby exists. The new Murray tune-in was fun. Great to see they're still using the pattern thing.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Here are my reviews for today's and last week's episodes.

Episode 4412: The street story was very amusing. Johnny Gotcha's opening line sounds a LOT like something Tom Bergeron would say on AFV when providing commentary on certain video clips. The Word of the Day segment was quite enjoyable! I love how twice in one season, Sesame Workshop has Grover appear with a celebrity from one of my favorite TV shows; first Kunal Nayyar (Raj from The Big Bang Theory) and then Cobie Smulders (Robin from How I Met Your Mother)! Both of these have some great classic Grover humor! :super: "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" was a great segment as well.

Episode 4413: Of course there were only a couple of highlights in today's episode. (Even though I've already watched them on YouTube.) First was the bilingual version of "I Love My Hair". A definite classic feel indeed. Second was "The Sesame Street Alphabet"; I hope we get another big character cast ensemble again soon! (Though, I was more expecting to see it before Cookie's Crumby Pictures or Elmo: The Musical.) Third highlight: even though it's from Season 41, it was nice to see Ernie's song "I Wonder"; it's been quite a while since I last listened to that song! :stick_out_tongue:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At least we finally got some E&B this episode, they've been missing in action for the whole season so far (except for their non-speaking #4411 cameo).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I agree with that. Seems like :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: finally got some airtime in this one. I look forward to seeing the one where they're in a street scene. I also agree that some Ernie/Abby interaction might be nice as well.

I kind of figured out the pattern. Seems like there's not much new material on episodes with new street scenes, but they want viewers to be sure to tune into the repeat episodes, so they have the newer material in those episodes. I'm just guessing on this though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They posted the Hunger Games parody already:

Considering the sequel is coming up Friday, I wonder if this is going to be in the upcoming episode, or they're just releasing it now to tie into the film.