Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Henry Sellik chef character? Could you please elaborate?

Saw the Hungry Games parody thanks to Toughpigs, a couple funny bits from Cookieness's dialogue.
*Stares at Pita as if about to eat her. No, me eat something else.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Anyone else thing the Tiger was an unintentional running gag? Street story, word of the day, and Me Want it video in that order?

I've noticed that too, but it could have been intentional. You never know.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Cookie was all over this episode too. The "ME Want It" song, the X cartoon, Crumby Pictures and in What I Am.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts: The street story was funny. It's the second season in a row that Snuffy is seen without Big Bird. Also, is Matt gonna be the tiger from now on? He's been playing him since the Hallie Berry bit. The WOTD bit was good. I liked how the tiger refused to give the ball back when they asked for it. So Me Want It isn't just for the Internet. If only I knew that before I watched the YouTube video. At least they added some dialogue and sound effects. And they got rid of the hash-tag Control Meself because, that wouldn't work on TV. The new MHALL tune-ins were good. The girls in there were very cute. The new CCP was hilarious! I saw the Hunger Games, so I got everything. Did Eric play Peta? He was the only character who I couldn't figure out the performer to.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Today's street story was very lovable for several reasons. For one thing, it featured Snuffy by himself; we haven't gotten that in quite awhile. That's not to say that I don't like him being best friends with Big Bird, but as someone on here once pointed out, it seems like in these past few years, Sesame Workshop always seem to put it like Snuffy is like Big Bird's sidekick or whatever, so it was nice to see a Snuffy street story without Big Bird having to be present. Secondly, they got Leslie to perform the penguin. This was great, because, she did it in last season's Airplane the Musical and both of these performances were quite amusing. Plus, the code names Snuffy used for the animals' orders were quite brilliant; he should consider working in a diner! Lastly, I loved the zookeeper's overall exasperation throughout the story, especially at the end. ("Next time, I'm taking them to the movies!") All in all, this was a great story.

The Word of The Day segment was pretty good. I too was quite surprised to see "Me Want It" included on the episode, and like Drtooth pointed out, it seems like the tiger appearing seemed kind of like a running gag. The "6 Burgers" animation was Like most people out there I obviously enjoyed today's "Cookie's Crumby Pictures". I can't wait for the next one!

Since this is another previous season highlight I can't refuse to pass off, it was nice to see "What I Am" again.

Well, it looks like we now have to wait a couple more weeks for the next episode. But hey, "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait", so who knows?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Huh? Henry Sellik chef character? Could you please elaborate?
There was some stop motion sequence about the number 6 with a Chef making burgers for six kids... and somehow, it had almost a Coraline-ish look to it. At least with the Chef who had this purple angular handlebar mustache.

Cookie was all over this episode too. The "ME Want It" song, the X cartoon, Crumby Pictures and in What I Am.
Well, Cookie is a regular character and it's normal to see him on the show. Especially since he has made a major comeback.

But that Tiger... which really makes it weird as it's almost like the same tiger who couldn't wait to have breakfast was the same as the one who couldn't control himself from chewing on the basketball.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
Now that the New Episode aired, Let me tell you, your Sesame Street Episode Package for next week.

Monday November, 25th-#4219 The Whoosh and Vanish Mystery
Telly and Elmo find a Missing Basketball
Highlights: Guess the Seasons Song with Zoe, Rosita and Abby Cadabby, Abby's Flying Fairy School Genie in a Bottle,
Lowlights: Elmo the Musical-Nothing The Musical (I prefer Elmo the Musical, over Elmo's World.) No Elmo the Musical Today
Tuesday the 26th-#4411 Count Tribute
The Count Goes to Chicago and accepts A Prize
Highlights: Bubba's Word Emporium; Homelamb, and Elmo the Musical: Repair Monster The Musical
Wednesday the 27th-I AM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT EPISODE IT IS YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE, BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS IT IS A SPECIAL EPISODE OF SESAME STREET, YOU HAVE TO GUESS IT.
Thursday the 28th-The Bears Try To Hibernate
Highlights: Super K Cereal, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures-Gopher in the Park, and Elmo's World on a Thursday.
Lowlights: Elmo the Musical-Nothing The Musical (I prefer Elmo the Musical, over Elmo's World.) No Elmo the Musical Today
Friday the 29th-4309 Practice Makes Proud
Elmo practices Basketball
Highlights: Bring Out Your "H", The Number of the Day 15 Song by the Count, and Elmo the Musical: Sea Captain the Musical

Coming Up Next Week (after listed above): Rosita writes a Story about Hispanic Heritage. Cookie Monster Eats the Number 2, and Nothing the Musical, (Elmo's World) will air twice next week,

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
NOTE ABOUT EPISODE PATTERN:
Mondays, and Wednesdays are usually repeat episodes from earlier seasons, Tuesdays are repeat episodes from the current season, We all know new episodes air on Thursdays. Fridays are now repeat episodes from the current season starting this week, Before that Fridays were the same as Mondays and Wednesdays to start the season out.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Don't mean to be rude or anything MuseumMan, but is there any particular reason why you feel it's necessary to recap repeated episodes?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's that cartoon from yesterday's episode about the kids standing in line

That kid with the mouth on the side of his head makes me laugh.