Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
JohnnyBMuppetMan, Here is my answer to your question: I do have a reason to tell the episode is a repeat. I feel the need to do so, to see what episode is coming for today! so that they have missed that episode on the day that aired, My reason is that Sesame Workshop shows the repeat episodes to show more episodes than the 26 episodes in the current Season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I caught Mi Amiguita Rosita today, so here are my thoughts: The street story was very good. The Hamazon joke made me laugh. Nice that Rosita says that people portray Mexicans stereotypical-y. I noticed that Elmo's voice was pre-recorded. Did Mando ever get to work with Kevin before he left? I'm not talking about the callback audition. Elmo didn't have a solo line in Rhymes for Mando, so I don't know if that was Kevin. I'm getting used to the new Abby puppet. I loved the face she made when she said "Los Polluelos." That chicken song is the same one from the episode where Elmo dreams about dancing chickens. The WOTD bit was good. The book coming to life was funny. Quiero Ser is one of Ryan's best performances as Elmo so far. The beginning where he doesn't know what to say to the kid just makes you go, "Aw!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
How did you see it? I'm curious as the episode is listed for next Thursday.

On that subject, I get the one episode every Thursday. But now they're doing the insufferable "save the last half of the season for April" and stuttering the releases of the episodes.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
How did you see it? I'm curious as the episode is listed for next Thursday.

On that subject, I get the one episode every Thursday. But now they're doing the insufferable "save the last half of the season for April" and stuttering the releases of the episodes.
I have 2 PBS stations. One of them shows the episodes that aired on the other station the day before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I checked my local schedule, and it still says the episode's to air next Thursday. I think that your PBS somehow got an advanced copy. I don't see how, but lucky for you.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Mi Amiguita Rosita" isn't the next episode; it aired a few weeks ago. The next one is "Rosita's Abuela" which airs next week.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I loved the face she made when she said "Los Polluelos." That chicken song is the same one from the episode where Elmo dreams about dancing chickens.
Not to be the grammar police or a know-it-all or anything, but it's actually spelled "Los Pollitos". Secondly it was also sung in Episode 3997 (season 33). As a little side note, this is the 4th time actually that Sesame Workshop covered this song on one of their TV shows- the earliest being on Dragon Tales in the 2001 episode "Hands Together". But, who knows? Maybe Sesame Street covered this song a long time before any of these...

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Mi Amiguita Rosita" isn't the next episode; it aired a few weeks ago. The next one is "Rosita's Abuela" which airs next week.
I read it too fast and the letters of Amiguita and Abuelita (thinking it was Abuelita was me slipping again too) blended together.

But I still stand by my point about the odd spacing with the second half of the season's episodes.

Unless I read those too fast as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lord of the Crumbs:

Interesting.... Cookie Monster is Smeegol and Golem in this one.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well. At least we got our first 4:3 segment of the season.