1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight is the night! The Muppets return to prime time on the Disney Channel with the second episode of "Studio DC: Almost Live!" Find out all about the special here…

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2008/092408.shtml

After you watch the latest episode, post below and let us know your thoughts on the anticipated special.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Well, so far this is a HUGE improvement over the first Studio DC special. It feels a lot more like The Muppet Show than the last one and yay for lots of Fozzie and an actual plot!
  3. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I agree with the above statement. It's not perfect by any means, but it seems so much better than the first Studio DC so far. And yay! Camilla is there! .... Sort of.

Edit: Okay, so after watching the whole thing, I must say I wasn't disappointed. I wish there were more Scooter, but I was just happy to see him there. And Gonzo's chicken tie was really cute.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Much better than the first one, yay!
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. It was much better. Seeing Piggy finally give her non-committing frog what for was fun. The same with Beaker subbing for Kermit as a result of Piggy keeping the frog for herself.
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I can't get over how much better this was--and not that it was BETTER... but it was SO GOOD. SO good. I honestly, and this is where my vote went, LOVED it. I loved it. Scooter, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Beaker, CAMILLA... yeah, okay, the Muppets are back. Thank goodness.
  7. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I'm so mad at myself, I completely forgot to watch it ;____;
  8. heralde

That's my feeling too! :insatiable:
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. Now, if only Disney could keep this up so The Muppets could finally reach the peak they had in previous years. The only change I could see would be in the gang's attitude towards Miss Piggy, because even her "Kermy" is often seen being against her as of late.
  10. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

That. Was. AWESOME! ! ! !

No kidding! Scooter was there, Dr. Teeth actually spoke, Fozzie was in it, and Gonzo and Camilla were involved in a sub-plot! How many TV shows do you know of involve Gonzo and Camilla in a sub-plot! ? (Wait, don't answer that.) Anyway, Piggy's number with the Cheetah Girls was hilarious, plus the bit after the credits with her and Zac's coffee girl. But the sweetest (read: OMG, I can't believe it) was Demi and Beaker. *sniff* They are so cute together...

*sighs* Too bad Beaker's already dating somebody. *motions to the Christmas special*

And I am ready for Ailie to scream in 3... 2... 1...
  11. heralde

Agreed, in the past the gang could be snarky, but never mean spirited. I hope things improve.
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow Did I just watch a New Muppet Show or something? That is what it almost seemed liked. I can see how insteed of the Muppet Theater they have there own Studio! I like the idea, and i was just waiting to see who all would pop up. Kermit was on fire he was so cool, ah heck all the Muppets where cool in this. I'm just bubbley to see My wonderful Muppet doing something really good and funny WOW!
  13. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

I liked this a bit more than the original. Reasons why:

1. Funnier. Really. It was slightly funnier.
    2. Fozzie in a banana suit. Nuff said.
    3. SCOOTER! Sure no one who watches that channel will know him, but who cares.
    4. Beaker duet.
    5. Club sandwich. I expected that. I liked that.
    6. Less commercials. Or maybe I've gone crazy. :crazy:

Overall I give it 2 and a half out of four Penguins.
  14. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I vote for way better as well. It really does take me back to TMS. Musta missed the "lotsa Fozzie" since I came in 5min late. Darn. I see he's still stuck on the banana sketch :D.

LOVED the whole Camilla thing. Ah, the sweet memories of Gonzo arguing with the turkey in Muppet Family Christmas....

Piggy looked much better with the Cheetah Girls than with the Jonas Bros.

Watching Kermit text-message gave me new admiration (like his dance in the first one) for Steve's work.

Woohoo Beaker and Scooter!

Totally dug Statler and Waldorf's increased screentime.

I give this 7-8/10.

No, I take that back. 8/10 at least. They are getting SO MUCH CLOSER to what we liked about TMS as well as increasing the technical "wizardry" to an admirable degree. I can't WAIT for the movies now.
  15. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

WOW! soooo MUCH BETTER then the 1st Studio DC :) But there both good, but i loved this one better! :D Floyd could have talked a lil more then a laugh I thought but he was there and thats all that counted :sing: Chef with the cub sandwich was funny and made my dad laugh! lol... and omg lol Miss Piggy with the Cheetah Girls was funny, who knew Piggy had moves like that and I loved the lil zig zag thing she did with her arms too. and Kermit with the cell phone txting hahaha.... and Gonzo with camella as a turkey was funny....the "To bad we're not on tv" gag reminded me of The Muppet Movie harry chrisner (sp?) thing, lol

over all I loved it......something tells me there may be a 3rd STUDIO DC?

Oh and Miss Piggy at the end at Zac Efrons trailer made me laugh haha...
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that more of the older fans loved this! I really think someone is reading what we talk about on here, and do something about it. I also think it was good how everyone seemed like such a happy family!

OH OH The Muppet are back!

I'm Going to cry!
  17. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *tackles Dr. Teeth and drags him into a closet* <33

...yesh. =P

Brief review:
    It was a major improvement from last time, NO MILEY! ! ! The Cheetah Girls are kinda fine for disney channel stars :confused:, Demi Lovato is cute (although I despise Camp Rock) and her with Beaker was so sweet, and...where the fudge was Zoot? =P

The End.
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yes they are. They're back. Now all they need is specials for themselves (without the need of the Teens backing them)!
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I know how you feel my man. I nearly did when Dr. Teeth spoke. I was SO close because I knew Scooter and Beaker were about to steal the show... Wow. They're back. THEEEEEEEEEEY'RE BAAAAAAAAAAACK!