1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

My favorite non-Muppet line of the whole thing: "Can I call you Swedish?"

Also: PIGGY'S COSTUME CHANGE! All this time I've spent wondering how she ALWAYS has the right outfit... and there y'go! I... am SO happy.

Kermit with the cell phone... Awesome. Awesome! I just LOVE how frazzled he was! Oh gosh I love that frog. Even when he is "flatter." :p

WHY MUST MY ROOMMATE NOT UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS? I MUST SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL!

The Muppets are SO comin' back. I wave my arms around and say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Aw man, this sounded so good.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It not only sounded good but it tasted good as well!
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to taste it; I hardly care for Tv dinners!
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Because they just don't 'get' how Muppet fans are?

Ditto. Can't wait for the Christmas special, the movie, and everything else!
  6. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

...I'll say. XPPP
  7. dwayne1115

My favorit line "To much Talka talka and not eough Woka Woka!)

Pure Gold
  8. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I agree. I love it when he can balance the two. I like to think that even mature characters and people can still have their moments of chaos.

Actually, even though it's not a fan favorite as far as movies go, Muppets From Space defiantly had some chaotic Gonzo moments... The scene that takes place in the movie studio where Gonzo tells everyone he's an alien while the others watch on TV comes to mind.

But I go off topic. I'm so happy with this special. :D
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. It is definately a step in the right direction, Disney stars included or not.
  10. dwayne1115

Wow just think about this though we have a new Pepe book comming in a few weeks. Then we have the Muppets doing a float in the Macy Thanksgiving Day Perade then we got the Christmas movie and then the Piggy Book! Wow the Muppets are comming back and they are not takeing any prisoners!
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

No they are not! They are coming in masse and in full force!
  12. dwayne1115

You know what your right! (Shouts to the heavens) I LOVE THE NUPPETS!
  13. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Now that was a great line. I was laughing at that.

Fozzie's my hero.:o
  14. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Auuugggg I missed it! (I really did just shout that just like Charlie Brown). I was out to dinner with family and I didn't tape it and now I'm getting all excited reading these great comments about it, I want to watch it RIGHT NOW! I'm SO happy to hear it's good and that the Muppets are like our good old familiar Muppets. Squee!
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Who here doesn't?
  16. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

ME TOO :concern: I'm going crazy right now. I was so stupid to get my days mixed up!
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Don't worry. GelflingWeirdo aired the dates when it'll re-air.
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, I nearly missed it at the last second. ;)
  19. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I definitely have to say that I enjoyed this one a lot more. I'll have to watch them both back to back sometime to really track the differences, but here are some of the reasons why I thought it was AWESOME:

1.More Muppets. Period! There were definitely a lot more Muppets involved, meaning they got so much better representation on this one. Floyd got his cool, laid back side out, Scooter and his "whatever will we do", stage-manager-type was great, and Pepe and Rizzo with Polka Rap was hilarious and just like them.

2. the duet with Beaker. IT WAS SO GREAT! I'm so glad that beaker is getting more attention, on the tv tube and youtube! He deserves something after all the years of failed experiments!

3. Piggy's number with the Cheetah girls was so great that I hardly can describe it. I love it when she busted out all of the sexy moves and the wardrobe changing powers! I totally wish I had that!

There were a couple of things that I didn't like that other forum members pointed out:
    I totally agree with this. I know Piggy has her rude diva moments, but why all the hate? Even on The View with them showing the clip of Kermit saying things were good between them because she wasn't around. I totally wish they would stop Characterizing Kermit as way too cold towards Miss Piggy and dissing their relationship. If I were Piggy, I would totally cast Kermit aside for someone who appreciates her. (totally digressed into a long-held grudge of mine) Moving on..

Gonzo did seem less of his "wacky, crazy, let's tempt fate all the time" self, but I'm he'll come back in full cannon-ball craziness for the christmas special.

Also, I kind of thought that Kermit was portrayed as old, creeper type with the whole mini scene with the cheetah girls and the texting thing with the Waverly Place guy. I think they need to focus more on the characters and less on aging them when teaming up with the young D.C. kids (Except for Statler and Waldorf, because the bit with them and the two boys was priceless).

But overall... Definite Improvement, and Piggy's dance was frickin awesome!

Definitely excited to see what Disney comes up with next!:)
  20. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

It'll probably be on youtube tomorrow. Probably.