1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Well... I recorded it on my TiVo... I don't know what to do with it from there. :p

2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

FWEEEEEEEEEE!

Floyd was spoken to by name! He said a full line! YAY!

XD

3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I dun care. I just like seeing mah Floydeh :flirt:

4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Wow, even on web videos? Isn't that expensive? It's great work and really opens up the medium and art form. I know it sounds weird, and I don't get it myself; but I kind of miss them. I like knowing the performers are underneath them.

5. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Lol. Go and get a hotel room for the night, one with cable.
    It would be like going to the movies, except 5 times as much and on a screen 1/20 of the size

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

People SERIOUSLY need to stop using acronyms for everything, because off the top of my head, what is MFS?

7. Davina

Davina Member

muppets from space...

mti - muppet treasure island

8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Sorry:They have been taking the Arm rods out with CGI ever since Muppet From Space. If you listen to the Brian Henson commentary on Muppet Treasere Island he talks brifly about it. They are even doing it on the Muppets.com videos. The question I have is is how the heck did they do Piggys arms like that? Wow Kermit and Piggy can really dance, I had no idea.

Lol opps soory i did it again i mean laugh out loud!

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Acronyms make sense and have always been a staple on MC forums. I admit some of them are confusing, but we should all at least know the 6 Muppet films, the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and the Dark Crystal abbreviations (TMM, GMC, MTM, MCC, MTI, MFS, TMS, MT, SS, FR, DC). ;)

However, how everybody seems to be abbreviating new stuff like Studio DC, the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and Muppet Wizard of Oz can cause confusion. :confused::eek:

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

And don't forget there is a MuppetCentral Wiki somewhere with all the acronims!

11. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I must have missed more than I thought, since the only Floyd I heard was after the song with the kid, where he says "heh-heh" ... and it sounded more like an impersonation.

Well, if Scooter (I didn't really catch it, but I wasn't listening for it either) sounds like Baby Bear without Fudd-isms, then his performer (adding the Fudd-isms back) would make an excellent Junior.

12. D'Snowth

D'OH!

13. D'Snowth

Are we really that lazy to acronym things instead of just type out the entire titles?

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I tend to do both or make my own abbreviations like saying Caper instead of GMC or the Great Muppet Caper. Acronyms in general are a staple on this and other forums. We all have abbreviated something. Why change things now? Actually there's no way to really change things now. ;)

You see it as being lazy; others see it as more efficient. I'll go with efficient because it is a friendlier way to say it without hurling a needless accusation. :halo:

15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Who really cares? I mean seriously you seem to be the only buged by it. You should take a lesson from Kermit the Frog and at least try to understand them. Besides I think we're doing to much Talka talka and not eough Woka Woka!

We really need to get back on track here and talk about Studio DC.
    I was thinking at work about something Steve said about the maigc or passion on the preforminces. I started thinking if your familer with anything that the classic Muppets have ever done. (Even MFS (Muppets form Space) KSY (Kermit Swamp Years) & AVMMXM (A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie) There was always a form of Mayhem Wackness or Crazyness!In Studio DC the Muppets where just there, almost like they gave them some kind of pill to chill them out. I think that is what was really missing in both Studio DC's

16. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

and 100% worth it! :D

17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Actually, it WOULD be cheaper to pay $30 for one night than to sign up on a contract for cable tv. Hmm... :confused:

(Kev's considering that).

18. Davina

Davina Member

you can get a room with disney channel for $30? *shocked*
    i think the cheapest you _might_ be able to find a room here for would be _maybe_ $55, but wouldn't expect much from it...

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Scooter, you say... Hmm... I wonder if someone would put that clip up on youtube... just so I can hear how he sounds.

20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member