1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I think it's probably Matt Vogel, same as in Muppet Race Mania.

I wasn't big on the Cheetah Girls bit... Piggy's voice just isn't right for that song. But, I think I liked pretty much everything else.

Quick question, was Dave Goelz sick during this? I don't think that was his hand in Gonzo. The voice, deffinitely, but the puppetry just didn't seem like Dave's usual style. Looked a little jumpy.

I did notice that Bill Barretta got top billing in this one. Interesting. I think it was Bill, Dave, Steve, then Eric.
  2. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I finally saw it today. It was a definite improvement, I'll say that. Some of it still felt really awkward to me (maybe it was that Disney laugh track), but I liked it a lot more. If they keep improving on it I'll be super happy :D
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And who wouldn't be? The Muppets ARE back, dang it!
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Jim Lewis actually revealed that it WAS David Rudman performing Scooter, and if you listen close enough, Scooter sounds almost exactly like Baby Bear only deeper and sans the lisp.

And I was thinking the same thing about Gonzo, actually! I don't know what it was... but it didn't seem like Dave, you're right. Maybe it had to do with the new-ish Gonzo puppet? I dunno, but Gonzo WAS much better in this one than the first.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Maybe Dave is ushering in a new puppeteer for his characters?
  6. Evoulie

Evoulie Member

Studio DC was awesome! Is there another special planned for December? Weren't there supposed to be three of them this year?

Ev
  7. theprawncracker

I could see that happening... maybe... but I don't know why he'd try him out on a big production like this. :smirk: And we know Dave is under Gonzo for the Christmas special... so I dunno. I love Gonzo, though, that much I do know. :D

I sincerely hope so. I think I might've heard that rumor too... I'm not sure where though. But GOSH I hope it's true.
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

At this rate, even I hope it is true and that's saying something.
  9. theprawncracker

Haha! That it is my friend, that it is! :zany:
  10. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Just got to see this--I thought it was MUCH better than the first one. Much more Muppety in general. They should keep this up--make each special more Muppety than the last one. By special 5 or 6, it should basically end up just being an episode of The Muppet Show.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But I doubt they'll have that many specials, considering the Christmas special is to air this Christmas, lest one forget. By then, they ought to be back to the form we know them for being.
  12. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I Have noticed that His characters do tend to sound like Baby Bear, without the lisp. Makes him stand out a bit to the trained ear.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Kind of like how every Steve character--even Kermit, to the trained ear--sounds like Wembley.
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I can almost hear that everytime as well! It's also like every one of Dave's voices sounds like Gonzo.
  15. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

I finally saw this (I taped it); very entertaining. I too prefer it over the first Studio DC, but I enjoyed that one as well.

4.5 out of 5 penguins:zany:
  16. Davina

Davina Member

hehe.. i use to be very very good at picking out puppeteers based on vocal qualities.. now though.. with all the new ones, and not having had as much exposure to some of them as we use to (ie lack of shows!) I've sadly fallen behind on just who is underneath there..
    and with so little product, i honestly didn't bother to even learn all of the names.. (for fear that they'd never do anything and by the time/if they ever did, it'd all be new folks anyway..) *sigh* looks like we can defiantely say they're back in business, and I definatley need to get to figureing out who's who again... hehehe (yay! despondency over!)
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ah well that is easy a lot of us here love keeping taps on who is under who! er um I don't know if that sounded good. Anyways hers a quick list of the names for ya!

Steve Whitmeire: Kermit the Frog, Rizo the Rat

Bill Berata: Peppe the King Prwan, Dr. Theeth and the Swedish Chef

Dave GoelzL Gonzo

Eric Jackabson: Fozzie Bear Mrs. Piggy Animal

David Rubban: Scotter, Janice

Jerry Nelson (dubbed) Floyd Pepper

There ya go i hope that helps
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

For that matter, all Jerry voices have a Robin quality to them (Gobo was a grown up Robin, and Floyd is Robin with a sore throat ;))
  19. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Piggy's got married? ? ?:confused: Who's the lucky fella?
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Gah, I wanted to GAG, this was so horrible! Watching The Electric Mayhem getting tortured by that THING known as Miley Cyrus! And The Snowths! My gosh, THE SNOWTHS! I almost cried when I saw this!

If The Muppets were going to make a comeback, this sure did kill them even more than Disney has already killed them!