Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

Evoulie

Reaction score
Studio DC was awesome! Is there another special planned for December? Weren't there supposed to be three of them this year?

Ev

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just got to see this--I thought it was MUCH better than the first one. Much more Muppety in general. They should keep this up--make each special more Muppety than the last one. By special 5 or 6, it should basically end up just being an episode of The Muppet Show.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Jim Lewis actually revealed that it WAS David Rudman performing Scooter, and if you listen close enough, Scooter sounds almost exactly like Baby Bear only deeper and sans the lisp.
I Have noticed that His characters do tend to sound like Baby Bear, without the lisp. Makes him stand out a bit to the trained ear.

Davina

Reaction score
hehe.. i use to be very very good at picking out puppeteers based on vocal qualities.. now though.. with all the new ones, and not having had as much exposure to some of them as we use to (ie lack of shows!) I've sadly fallen behind on just who is underneath there..
and with so little product, i honestly didn't bother to even learn all of the names.. (for fear that they'd never do anything and by the time/if they ever did, it'd all be new folks anyway..) *sigh* looks like we can defiantely say they're back in business, and I definatley need to get to figureing out who's who again... hehehe (yay! despondency over!)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ah well that is easy a lot of us here love keeping taps on who is under who! er um I don't know if that sounded good. Anyways hers a quick list of the names for ya!

Steve Whitmeire: Kermit the Frog, Rizo the Rat

Bill Berata: Peppe the King Prwan, Dr. Theeth and the Swedish Chef

Dave GoelzL Gonzo

Eric Jackabson: Fozzie Bear Mrs. Piggy Animal

David Rubban: Scotter, Janice

Jerry Nelson (dubbed) Floyd Pepper

There ya go i hope that helps

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can almost hear that everytime as well! It's also like every one of Dave's voices sounds like Gonzo.
For that matter, all Jerry voices have a Robin quality to them (Gobo was a grown up Robin, and Floyd is Robin with a sore throat :wink:)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gah, I wanted to GAG, this was so horrible! Watching The Electric Mayhem getting tortured by that THING known as Miley Cyrus! And The Snowths! My gosh, THE SNOWTHS! I almost cried when I saw this!

If The Muppets were going to make a comeback, this sure did kill them even more than Disney has already killed them!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but I didn't like this one any better than the first one. To me it's just not The Muppets. It's not the humor and tone that we all associate with the Muppet Show, or even Muppets Tonight.

Now having said that, I also realize that a) this is an early effort by Disney to get the Muppets back up and running, so there might be some rust in the gears that they're working out, and b) this wasn't made for my age group. I'm way far out of who Studio DC was supposed to appeal to.

Still, though, I think there's something we as fans and viewers pick up on and really enjoy when we sense that the performers are really into what they're doing. I don't get that sense watching SDCAL. Even in this second one - which I'll concede was a bit of an improvement - it felt like okay, we've gone through the motions, we've performed what's in the script, that's a wrap, let's go home. There was no life, no feeling in it. Maybe it's just me. After all, I am old :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but I didn't like this one any better than the first one. To me it's just not The Muppets. It's not the humor and tone that we all associate with the Muppet Show, or even Muppets Tonight.

Now having said that, I also realize that a) this is an early effort by Disney to get the Muppets back up and running, so there might be some rust in the gears that they're working out, and b) this wasn't made for my age group. I'm way far out of who Studio DC was supposed to appeal to.

Still, though, I think there's something we as fans and viewers pick up on and really enjoy when we sense that the performers are really into what they're doing. I don't get that sense watching SDCAL. Even in this second one - which I'll concede was a bit of an improvement - it felt like okay, we've gone through the motions, we've performed what's in the script, that's a wrap, let's go home. There was no life, no feeling in it. Maybe it's just me. After all, I am old :smile:
Well Steve i can sort of see where you coming from about the feeling of "heart" that seems to be missing. It has been said servral times that it has seem to be missing. To look on the bright side, the perfromers have said that there seems to really be a lot of heart in the new christmas specale.