1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

People SERIOUSLY need to stop using acronyms for everything, because off the top of my head, what is MFS?
  2. Davina

Davina Member

muppets from space...

mti - muppet treasure island
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Sorry:They have been taking the Arm rods out with CGI ever since Muppet From Space. If you listen to the Brian Henson commentary on Muppet Treasere Island he talks brifly about it. They are even doing it on the Muppets.com videos. The question I have is is how the heck did they do Piggys arms like that? Wow Kermit and Piggy can really dance, I had no idea.

Lol opps soory i did it again i mean laugh out loud!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Acronyms make sense and have always been a staple on MC forums. I admit some of them are confusing, but we should all at least know the 6 Muppet films, the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and the Dark Crystal abbreviations (TMM, GMC, MTM, MCC, MTI, MFS, TMS, MT, SS, FR, DC). ;)

However, how everybody seems to be abbreviating new stuff like Studio DC, the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and Muppet Wizard of Oz can cause confusion. :confused::eek:
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

And don't forget there is a MuppetCentral Wiki somewhere with all the acronims!
  6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I must have missed more than I thought, since the only Floyd I heard was after the song with the kid, where he says "heh-heh" ... and it sounded more like an impersonation.

Well, if Scooter (I didn't really catch it, but I wasn't listening for it either) sounds like Baby Bear without Fudd-isms, then his performer (adding the Fudd-isms back) would make an excellent Junior.
  7. D'Snowth

D'OH!
  8. D'Snowth

Are we really that lazy to acronym things instead of just type out the entire titles?
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I tend to do both or make my own abbreviations like saying Caper instead of GMC or the Great Muppet Caper. Acronyms in general are a staple on this and other forums. We all have abbreviated something. Why change things now? Actually there's no way to really change things now. ;)

You see it as being lazy; others see it as more efficient. I'll go with efficient because it is a friendlier way to say it without hurling a needless accusation. :halo:
  10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Who really cares? I mean seriously you seem to be the only buged by it. You should take a lesson from Kermit the Frog and at least try to understand them. Besides I think we're doing to much Talka talka and not eough Woka Woka!

We really need to get back on track here and talk about Studio DC.
    I was thinking at work about something Steve said about the maigc or passion on the preforminces. I started thinking if your familer with anything that the classic Muppets have ever done. (Even MFS (Muppets form Space) KSY (Kermit Swamp Years) & AVMMXM (A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie) There was always a form of Mayhem Wackness or Crazyness!In Studio DC the Muppets where just there, almost like they gave them some kind of pill to chill them out. I think that is what was really missing in both Studio DC's
  11. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

and 100% worth it! :D
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Actually, it WOULD be cheaper to pay $30 for one night than to sign up on a contract for cable tv. Hmm... :confused:

(Kev's considering that).
  13. Davina

Davina Member

you can get a room with disney channel for $30? *shocked*
    i think the cheapest you _might_ be able to find a room here for would be _maybe_ $55, but wouldn't expect much from it...
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Scooter, you say... Hmm... I wonder if someone would put that clip up on youtube... just so I can hear how he sounds.
  15. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

16. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Finally got to see this on YouTube again. Wish that they would show this on Disney Channel UK. This is has to be the best thing the Muppets have done since the Muppet Show.

I'm loving it, I feel 3 years old again. I am a big Disney Channel Fan so the fact that DC stars are working with the Muppets to me is fantastic.

Leanne
    x

Bring Studio DC to the UK Please!
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The Beaker duet moment is definitely really sweet. The only thing that occurs to me is, how are today's kids who haven't seen Muppet Show or some of the movies supposed to understand why these puppet characters are the way they are? It seems to me this is the mistake companies keep making. Attempting to reintroduce a '70s or '80s icon to today's kids without any sort of proper introduction. Showing Muppet Wizard of Oz isn't going to make it much clearer to kids.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's exactly what this special does. Studio DC takes its crew of established or relatable stars and pairs them with the Muppets in order to connect the dots to younger viewers that there is something cool about the Muppets.

The Muppets then kind of navigate through the (albeit somewhat ill-fitting) familiar Disney show advertising template. In this they don't make a formal introduction, rather they plant the seed of what each character is about in a very brief time period. The first special really failed at that key component due to its strangling these moments with too many schizophrenic cuts.

From this special's brief introduction to the Muppets (through the Disney kids) younger audiences can rent, buy or surf for more classic Muppet materials that better establish the characters. These specials are merely giving them a reason to want to do so. I assure you that before these specials far too many kids didn't have enough of an idea of the Muppets as viable entertainment for their generation.

These kids are a crucial demographic for the Disney brand. It could all be done a lot better, but I'd rather the Muppets pull out the big guns for one of these more exciting projects to come.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

If that is the case, they're going to have to keep making these and develop a pattern. (And not just show one Muppet movie where they're playing other characters).

There were kids who did like the Muppets before this though. Not all kids need to be told something is cool (thank goodness, heh). The problem has been that not enough classic material has been made available.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Unfortunately older movies don't get much exposure in general. It’s not just Muppets. I think the "new classics" catch phrase on the TNT network best sums it up. That network replaces the airing of real classics with very recent popular films, yet still labels them classics. I remember Ted Turner once boasting his colorizing of classic films by stating, “Black and white isn’t cool anymore!” Um…where’s one of Fozzie’s cream pies when you need one? I like good movies old and new.

I actually felt the 50th anniversary Muppet film DVDs were too geared toward children in cover art, special features and the near-discarding of the widescreen versions (originally the DVDs were set to be completely pan and scan). Those Disney DVD treatments were pretty underwhelming, but they were advertised to kids on some kids' cable television markets and on numerous kids' DVDs. Still, there should have been more promotion, but an effort was definitely made. A more proportionate one will be made in the future once there is a demand for it from new fans made by SDC.

The Muppet Show DVDs are competitively priced. There is no way they could come out any cheaper and not contain cuts. I am actually impressed that they have been able to keep the price so low ($39-34 range on Amazon is similar to classic television like MASH and far cheaper than Ugly Betty or other current ABC/Disney fare).

The magic formula for the Muppets, Disney and their Channel as I see it: Kids see the Muppets on Studio DC. + They then see similar looking Muppet productions (where the Gonzo puppet resembles the current one) that appear to be fresh and exciting to them. + Market the current and new release Muppet DVDs in ads on the Disney Channel. = This will give Disney the younger fans the Muppet brand has been lacking in recent years and ultimately less division in project targeting. People of all ages will be seeking out Muppet product of all kinds.