Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I got my VCR all set up to record this thing!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
From what I saw the show went remarkably better than the other special. I guess these are the B-list Disney kids and they seem to work harder in this context than the more established contractually obligated stars. :wink:

I still didn’t like Miss Piggy’s singing voice or Cheetah performance, but that was expected. She shined everywhere else. Fozzie was in top form. So was Scooter (even with the hunched shoulders) and I hope Rudman (or somebody) lands that permanent gig. Beaker was back in action with his passion for singing. And Steve’s nimble ways with the frog are astounding! :smile:

From a fan perspective the show gets a C+, but for what the show was intended it receives a B+. I have fewer worries about the Muppets on or off the Disney Channel. :flirt:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I finished the special and thought that it wasn't great, but certainly better than the first one. We got more characters included, it was longer, so more stuff could be put in and some of the acts were good, especially Demi and Beaker's number. Plus, it was great to see Camilla and Scooter again.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I watched it last night, It was actually pretty good. One thing I noticed is there were way way WAY more DC stars than the last one. and when I watched it I thought YAY, SCOOTER, BEAKER, AND FOZZIE. I felt kinda riped off, in the sence that Camilla did come back, but she wasn't really herself, so to speak. I also wish Floyd spoke more than he did. I'll agree with Oscarfan, THis was much better than last time. I hope they do at least one more special so they can get Bunsen and Rowlf in there. All in All, I found it rather enjoyable.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I actually thought Demi Lovato sang really well.

I also cracked up laughing at her holding Beaker's hand, her kissing him, and Beaker falling down.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
She did? where was I when that happend? XD thanks for the info pooh.
Yeah! Gonzo finally found the little kid from Wizards of Waverly Place and it turns out he's a "real" wizard and he was able to turn Camilla back into a chicken.

And Demi really did sing very well. But... of course, Beaker was better. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just caught the entire broadcast and it was pretty good. The premise for these shows appears to be like the network fall season promotional programs that introduce new shows coming that year. It's not really about the Muppets or the Disney kids; it's about product and programming promotion = a 30 minute ad. The Muppets really got to be themselves this time out. I'm very happy about that.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
So was Scooter (even with the hunched shoulders) and I hope Rudman (or somebody) lands that permanent gig.
I think it's probably Matt Vogel, same as in Muppet Race Mania.

I wasn't big on the Cheetah Girls bit... Piggy's voice just isn't right for that song. But, I think I liked pretty much everything else.

Quick question, was Dave Goelz sick during this? I don't think that was his hand in Gonzo. The voice, deffinitely, but the puppetry just didn't seem like Dave's usual style. Looked a little jumpy.

I did notice that Bill Barretta got top billing in this one. Interesting. I think it was Bill, Dave, Steve, then Eric.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I finally saw it today. It was a definite improvement, I'll say that. Some of it still felt really awkward to me (maybe it was that Disney laugh track), but I liked it a lot more. If they keep improving on it I'll be super happy :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I think it's probably Matt Vogel, same as in Muppet Race Mania.
Jim Lewis actually revealed that it WAS David Rudman performing Scooter, and if you listen close enough, Scooter sounds almost exactly like Baby Bear only deeper and sans the lisp.

And I was thinking the same thing about Gonzo, actually! I don't know what it was... but it didn't seem like Dave, you're right. Maybe it had to do with the new-ish Gonzo puppet? I dunno, but Gonzo WAS much better in this one than the first.