1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Member

I knew it. Rowlf wasn' there. But I got to admit it's getting better. I am very happy that they had Fozzie, Camilla, Scooter, and Beaker.:) I just hope they make a third special of studio dc WITH ROWLF!:mad: Thank you
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, Rowlf is a hard Muppet to handle, because he's so top heavy. That could be why he's been left on the sidelines since Jim's passing.
  3. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Member

Well, didn't you know that Rowlf was played by Bill Beretta? It's true.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I really enjoyed it. It was one of the best ones ever. Did everyone notices that some of the scenes they did were kinda of a link to the first special? Here are some hints.

When Kermit comes looking for Miley and the Cheeta Girls tell him she over in Studio B. Then Miss Piggy is caught off by them telling her that Zac is over in Studio B. Even tho Kermit should have been looking for Ashley instead of Miley but maybe there's a catch.

Then if you look in the audience scene with Statler and Waldorf you can see the same people who are at the end of the first special.

But in all I really enjoyed every bit of and hope to see it as a new show or even as a special on a bonus or DVD.
  5. Davina

Davina Member

I agree, this one was sOOOO much better then the first one. Still not quite the level I would expect from them, but definately heading in the right direction.
    I agree with the whole Piggy Kermit relationship being a bit skewed off right now, but am giving them the benefit of doubt right now, Steve and Eric haven't really had all that much experience in developing the subtle interplay that Jim and Frank had, they definately need to work on that more. We all know that Kermit really, truely loves Piggy, and they need to work on bringing that back into play.
    Loved having Dr Teeth talking, he was so much more himself then in the last one...
    Really, the only problem I had with the show was Piggy's singing voice... she just sounded so shrill and off key tonight.. She use to have a much better voice...
    But all in all, LOVED IT!
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ok, so, so far I have only seen a few little clips on Youtube...And I am actually in *love!* with this special! It's seemed so funny and energy filed! They learnt their lessons from the first one, and developed the plot and action a lot better here! I loved the way the characters were interacting with each other, and the jokes were corny but good :p "Blizzards of Waverly Place!" Hehe.

Love love love.
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea i think with the first one it was kind of bits and pices put together to make a show. This one however had more of a plot, and had more of a connected type of feeling. GO MUPPETS!
  8. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I loved it when Beaker Sang in a duet with Demi.
  9. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

10. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

OMG! OMG! OMG! This episode was FAR more better than the first one, although I loved the "air conditioner" in the first episode. Seeing Statler & waldorf, made me laugh, and the Less Talka Talka, More Wocka wocka, and "Club sandwich" bit made me laugh!
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I got my VCR all set up to record this thing!
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Nelson did dub Floyd.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

From what I saw the show went remarkably better than the other special. I guess these are the B-list Disney kids and they seem to work harder in this context than the more established contractually obligated stars. ;)

I still didn’t like Miss Piggy’s singing voice or Cheetah performance, but that was expected. She shined everywhere else. Fozzie was in top form. So was Scooter (even with the hunched shoulders) and I hope Rudman (or somebody) lands that permanent gig. Beaker was back in action with his passion for singing. And Steve’s nimble ways with the frog are astounding! :)

From a fan perspective the show gets a C+, but for what the show was intended it receives a B+. I have fewer worries about the Muppets on or off the Disney Channel. :flirt:
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I finished the special and thought that it wasn't great, but certainly better than the first one. We got more characters included, it was longer, so more stuff could be put in and some of the acts were good, especially Demi and Beaker's number. Plus, it was great to see Camilla and Scooter again.
  15. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

I watched it last night, It was actually pretty good. One thing I noticed is there were way way WAY more DC stars than the last one. and when I watched it I thought YAY, SCOOTER, BEAKER, AND FOZZIE. I felt kinda riped off, in the sence that Camilla did come back, but she wasn't really herself, so to speak. I also wish Floyd spoke more than he did. I'll agree with Oscarfan, THis was much better than last time. I hope they do at least one more special so they can get Bunsen and Rowlf in there. All in All, I found it rather enjoyable.
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

You do know that Camilla did turn back into herself by the end of the special, right?
  17. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

She did? where was I when that happend? XD thanks for the info pooh.
  18. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I actually thought Demi Lovato sang really well.

I also cracked up laughing at her holding Beaker's hand, her kissing him, and Beaker falling down.
  19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yeah! Gonzo finally found the little kid from Wizards of Waverly Place and it turns out he's a "real" wizard and he was able to turn Camilla back into a chicken.

And Demi really did sing very well. But... of course, Beaker was better. ;)
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I just caught the entire broadcast and it was pretty good. The premise for these shows appears to be like the network fall season promotional programs that introduce new shows coming that year. It's not really about the Muppets or the Disney kids; it's about product and programming promotion = a 30 minute ad. The Muppets really got to be themselves this time out. I'm very happy about that.