1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 5, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

1. I loved Studio DC.

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Studio DC was good.

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

7 vote(s)
    9.2%

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree this was a huge improvement, and I'm relieved. I'll keep an eye out for future projects. But I'll keep being completely honest, good or bad. ;)
  2. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

Maybe he was out of the country? ... *laughs* The rest of you guys won't get it at all! XD
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

As will I. GO MUPPETS!
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Much, much better then the first, more Muppets and yes i loved Gonzo's plot. It kept a community with the show. Gonzo's line repeating what Camilla the Turkey said was funny! I do have to say that i wish Floyd was sing along with David Henrie. But I was very happy that Miss Piggy was the main focus of the number with the Cheetah girls.
    Beaker was great and it was nice to see Scooter but i as it was already said i would have liked to have seen him more along with Rizzo, Pepe, Fozzie and Kermit. Some more interactions with the main Muppet characters would be better too (Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo) I loved the Miss Piggy ending with Zac Efron's Trailer! Selena Gomez seemed to be a better host (seeing the Muppet's aren't hosting anything) But i still feel it's odd to end the show with it looking like it's about to start. I see that it's a "rehearsal" and all but it still seems weird and makes it look like they is going to be more of the show. At least Staler and Waldorf's comment on the show being a rehearsal made scents because the "Zack and Cody" ending in the last one looked like a bad miss placed edit of the show.

I wonder if they will make another? It is nice to see the Muppet's used on a regular basis, just hopefully this isn't their only basis! The new Christmas movie will hopefully change that though! But Studio DC is intended for a younger audience and I'm sure servers it's purpose to introduce the Muppets to them. :)
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I like to think he just missed his cue because he was asleep backstage. (Lack of Zoot provided by Lisa "TogetherAgain" try Lisa for all of your Muppet explanitory needs! :zany: )
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I know to just have DR.Theeth with some good lines AH! and Scooter as well AHHHH man I tell ya this was something that everyone could enjoy. I watched it with my whole family and everyone got something from it AHH! Someone hold me AH im getting teary eyed!
  7. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

You almost cried? ;_; *snugs Ryan*

...well, I almost c--you know what? I'll just let you imagine what happened. XP
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

It was a good, "Oh my gosh... they're BACK" cry. :p
  9. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

That's even more likely to happen. XP Probably the most.

And I... I couldn't believe that Dr. Teeth spoke. It was like... wow...
  10. WhiteRabbit

Ohhhh... *ditz* XP

*decides not to go on with sharing what she did as she has to keep up a "good girl" reputation* :halo:
  11. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

As much as I adored the Gonzo/Camilla sub-plot, I kinda miss the more excitable Gonzo. He did seem concerned over Camilla's predicament, but (probably due to the fact that Gonzo has mellowed out much more over the past 20 years or so) he didn't seem as pushed as I wish he could have been. Remember the Julie Andrews episode when his chicken was being tossed around? I wish there there that level of excitement in Gonzo.

But I'm nitpicking too much. I really did love Gonzo's appearance here. I'm always ecstatic to see him and Camilla. In fact, it was just the other day that I was saying how much I wish Camilla was around more... And low and behold, there she is! This Muppet fan is very happy.
  12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Why does everybody say the Muppets are back? Looks like they're coming along, but they're not back to the hotness they had in the 70's and 80's. But if they continue to get used like they are now, then they'll get back to where they were 25 years ago.

But I do have to say this felt more like The Muppet Show, even though everyone was in a studio.

I wonder if Kevin Clash is going to come on and do Clifford if there is another special. I miss Clifford.
  13. heralde

I know what you mean and I agree. But at least it was a step in the right direction. :)
  14. dwayne1115

What Zoot i thought he was there humm

Kermit and the Cell phone bit was so funny I laughed so hard on that because i was trying to figuer some text the other day.

GO MUPPETS! WELCOME HOME
  15. Blumonkeyboy

Blumonkeyboy New Member

As for gonzo, lets remember in an interview, Mr.Goelz said Gonzo has grown up and matured over the years, with A.) his voice and B.) his manerisms.
  16. heralde

Maturing is great, but we can prefer the crazier side too. :)
  17. dwayne1115

Now ya got my mind raceing on that one lol

I just want to say on here thank you Disney for starting to bring the Muppets back. I knew you could do it all you needed was time and faith!
  18. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Absolutely perfect, I thought it was great, just like the 1st one! It was so awesome to see Scooter!

The bit with Beaker singing with Demi was definitely the highlight for me.

I love these specials so much because these are guest stars that I'm familiar with (The Muppet Show is actually WAAAYYY before my time lol)... I guess it's a good thing I started watching Disney Channel a couple years ago :D
  19. WhiteRabbit

Erm...Dr. Teeth is hot? :confused:

I mean, get your mind outta the gutter, dwayne! XP
  20. dwayne1115

HA HA HA! ooooooooh wow sure sorry about that I'm just so happy to see the Muppets on TV, and doing well!