Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I definitely have to say that I enjoyed this one a lot more. I'll have to watch them both back to back sometime to really track the differences, but here are some of the reasons why I thought it was AWESOME:

1.More Muppets. Period! There were definitely a lot more Muppets involved, meaning they got so much better representation on this one. Floyd got his cool, laid back side out, Scooter and his "whatever will we do", stage-manager-type was great, and Pepe and Rizzo with Polka Rap was hilarious and just like them.

2. the duet with Beaker. IT WAS SO GREAT! I'm so glad that beaker is getting more attention, on the tv tube and youtube! He deserves something after all the years of failed experiments!

3. Piggy's number with the Cheetah girls was so great that I hardly can describe it. I love it when she busted out all of the sexy moves and the wardrobe changing powers! I totally wish I had that!

There were a couple of things that I didn't like that other forum members pointed out:
Posted By WFPOOH: The only change I could see would be in the gang's attitude towards Miss Piggy, because even her "Kermy" is often seen being against her as of late
I totally agree with this. I know Piggy has her rude diva moments, but why all the hate? Even on The View with them showing the clip of Kermit saying things were good between them because she wasn't around. I totally wish they would stop Characterizing Kermit as way too cold towards Miss Piggy and dissing their relationship. If I were Piggy, I would totally cast Kermit aside for someone who appreciates her. (totally digressed into a long-held grudge of mine) Moving on..

Gonzo did seem less of his "wacky, crazy, let's tempt fate all the time" self, but I'm he'll come back in full cannon-ball craziness for the christmas special.

Also, I kind of thought that Kermit was portrayed as old, creeper type with the whole mini scene with the cheetah girls and the texting thing with the Waverly Place guy. I think they need to focus more on the characters and less on aging them when teaming up with the young D.C. kids (Except for Statler and Waldorf, because the bit with them and the two boys was priceless).

But overall... Definite Improvement, and Piggy's dance was frickin awesome!

Definitely excited to see what Disney comes up with next!:smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Auuugggg I missed it! (I really did just shout that just like Charlie Brown). I was out to dinner with family and I didn't tape it and now I'm getting all excited reading these great comments about it, I want to watch it RIGHT NOW! I'm SO happy to hear it's good and that the Muppets are like our good old familiar Muppets. Squee!
It'll probably be on youtube tomorrow. Probably.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I knew it. Rowlf wasn' there. But I got to admit it's getting better. I am very happy that they had Fozzie, Camilla, Scooter, and Beaker.:smile: I just hope they make a third special of studio dc WITH ROWLF!:mad: Thank you

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. It was one of the best ones ever. Did everyone notices that some of the scenes they did were kinda of a link to the first special? Here are some hints.

When Kermit comes looking for Miley and the Cheeta Girls tell him she over in Studio B. Then Miss Piggy is caught off by them telling her that Zac is over in Studio B. Even tho Kermit should have been looking for Ashley instead of Miley but maybe there's a catch.

Then if you look in the audience scene with Statler and Waldorf you can see the same people who are at the end of the first special.

But in all I really enjoyed every bit of and hope to see it as a new show or even as a special on a bonus or DVD.

Davina

Reaction score
I agree, this one was sOOOO much better then the first one. Still not quite the level I would expect from them, but definately heading in the right direction.
I agree with the whole Piggy Kermit relationship being a bit skewed off right now, but am giving them the benefit of doubt right now, Steve and Eric haven't really had all that much experience in developing the subtle interplay that Jim and Frank had, they definately need to work on that more. We all know that Kermit really, truely loves Piggy, and they need to work on bringing that back into play.
Loved having Dr Teeth talking, he was so much more himself then in the last one...
Really, the only problem I had with the show was Piggy's singing voice... she just sounded so shrill and off key tonight.. She use to have a much better voice...
But all in all, LOVED IT!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, so, so far I have only seen a few little clips on Youtube...And I am actually in *love!* with this special! It's seemed so funny and energy filed! They learnt their lessons from the first one, and developed the plot and action a lot better here! I loved the way the characters were interacting with each other, and the jokes were corny but good :stick_out_tongue: "Blizzards of Waverly Place!" Hehe.

Love love love.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok, so, so far I have only seen a few little clips on Youtube...And I am actually in *love!* with this special! It's seemed so funny and energy filed! They learnt their lessons from the first one, and developed the plot and action a lot better here! I loved the way the characters were interacting with each other, and the jokes were corny but good :stick_out_tongue: "Blizzards of Waverly Place!" Hehe.

Love love love.
Yea i think with the first one it was kind of bits and pices put together to make a show. This one however had more of a plot, and had more of a connected type of feeling. GO MUPPETS!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I loved it when Beaker Sang in a duet with Demi.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
OMG! OMG! OMG! This episode was FAR more better than the first one, although I loved the "air conditioner" in the first episode. Seeing Statler & waldorf, made me laugh, and the Less Talka Talka, More Wocka wocka, and "Club sandwich" bit made me laugh!