1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

According to my local comic chain's "Shipping Next Week" list (which is always very accurate with the exception of last minute, day-of-release changes...which Boom tends to do quite a bit of these days), both The Muppet Show and Muppet Snow White's latest issues come out next week.

I've said before how i've been pleasantly surprised with the jobs each team's been doing with the Muppet Classics, but just to give them major high praise, i'm actually looking more forward to reading the next issue of Snow White more than i am TMS!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I'm a little relieved I didn't have to buy both Darkwing Duck and either Muppet comic together this week. Though, usually when both Muppet comics come out, some of my comic retailers only manage to get one of the two, leaving me to track the other down.

That said, I just can't recommend the Darkwing comics enough. It's the best thing I've seen since the show ended. I really hope this starts up some sort of resergence in the character's popularity. at least enough for a small wave of merchandise. At least a T-shirt where he's colored correctly.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I'm mad that my hastings doesn't have the newest Fraggle Rock or the Darkwing Duck ones. I want them so bad. I haven't been to the one place that sells the comics that i normally go to but haven't had any money. I just hope i can get at least the Darkwing Duck ones soon before i miss out on them.
  4. Drtooth

Well, Fraggle Rock is basically on break until October, so if you're waiting for #4 of FR, you're out of luck.
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just recently got issue #8, and it looks like Hilda is among the gang backstage. At first I had trouble figuring out who she is, but I think Hilda is hard to draw. It looks like the right basic look, even if it doesn't look quite right. But I doubt Langridge would put in a random design like that backstage with other regular characters without explaining who she is in the comic (a minor character that the public at large might not know, perhaps, but not an original design). There is also some random hunchback-type character who appears in a few panels with the main cast, and given dialogue, but I think that character's presence is part of a gag.

Also, Tough Pigs now has a preview for issue #9 (and also the final issue of Muppet Snow White).
  7. John Takis

John Takis New Member

Hi guys ... can anyone confirm whether "On The Road" and future trade collections are ONLY being released in softcover from now on? I tried to search the forum, and couldn't find any info. But if "On The Road" was released in hardcover, I can't find it anywhere!

(Also, does the OTR trade include the Pigs In Space one-shot?)
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

This is their website.
  9. Drtooth

We can all answer that with a definite yes. After all, the arc was shortened to 3 issues due to the inclusion of Pigs in Space in the graphic novel version.

Anyone notice we're not getting 2 different covers of this issue? Is that going to be a new direction?
  10. John Takis

John Takis New Member

I see no hardcovers on their website, so I suppose that answers my question. I just wondered if there had been any kind of announcement confirming that production on those had ceased. I suppose the first few must not have sold well enough to justify more, which is disheartening...
  11. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Langridge draws Hilda a lot (he seems to be fond of incorporating Mildred and Hilda as audience members or in random places) but this was the first issue where for some odd reason she was colored differently.
  12. minor muppetz

Really? This is the first I've seen/noticed Hilda in a Langridged-drawn comic (I know she was in issue 2 or 3 of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson but those are the only issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book I have not seen in full).
  13. minor muppetz

Well it's been released for over a week, but tough pigs has finally posted a review of issue #9.
  14. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I *just* bought the Muppet Show: Family Reunion book on Amazon simply because I heard Skeeter shows up ;) Finding individual issues has been very difficult, and when you go to Boom's official site, everything is sold out!
  15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Are there quotes on the back of the book? If so, could you let me know who/what sites are quoted?

Same goes for anyone else with any of the Muppet comic trades after Muppet Peter Pan. Much obliged! :D
  16. bazooka_beak

I just ordered it a few hours ago, so it'll be at least a few days before I get the copy :D I'll check when it does, though.
  17. Drtooth

Hmmm.. do they? I'm sure you noticed the blurb on the Fraggle Rock of one of the reviews I did for your blog (I hope that no one thinks I do the blog... I don't want to take any credit for something someone else rightfully did), but the only time I've seen TMSCB and Muppet Classics Paperbacks I don't think they had any reviews on them. I don't think any of Booms does, but I have to double check them as soon as I can.
  18. dmoss

dmoss Member

Tonight I bought "Peg Leg Wilson", "On the Road", and "Family Reunion" on Amazon, and I can't wait to get them! Should I read them in order? I'm really excited for Family Reunion, but can wait if I need to read the others first... :)
  19. bazooka_beak

OK, I just got my copy today and checked the back. There are quotes from Geeks Of Doom, Comics Worth Reading, and Every Day Is Like Wednesday.
  20. minor muppetz

Tough Pigs posted a preview for the latest issue: http://www.toughpigs.com/tms-10-preview/

This issue's guest star sort of looks like Jerry Nelson. I feel he also looks a bit like Bushwacker Bob from Taz-Mania (might be the beard, sunglasses, hat, and heavy body).

I can't help but feel like casting some of the characters in this... I imagine the chicken in that opening sketch as being a Richard Hunt character, the guest star as a Jerry Nelson character (though he's seen with Pops and Floyd... Then again he doesn't speak in the preview), and any female performer as the "Little Red Riding Hood" frog.