Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Just finished watching disc 1 and the bonus features on disc 4.

I was happy to see that the Valentine show was uncut. I am unsure what to think about the Muppets on Muppets interviews most of it could be alot better. The one piece I loved was when Animal was asked about "What makes you truly happy?" and his wish to have a small bunny rabbit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was thinking about how this set had the Weezer video, and wonder if Disney will consider any of the following as extras on future sets...

*The pre-recorded video footage shot for The Muppet Show on Tour shows (and if any footage was video tapped of the actual live shows, maybe some snippets of these could be included as well).
*the pre-recorded video footage from Here Come the Muppets (I know that the full show can be viewed on You Tube, but I wonder if Disney or Henson have ever recorded any of those live performances. Same with The Days of swine and Roses).
*Pre-recorded footage from The Mupet Show Live, and if Henson actually recorded the live show, it would be great to include some skits from it (also, if Henson had cameras on during the Mupetfest event, that would make a good feature. It would be funny if Disney knew who recorded the show and uploaded it on You Tube and chose to buy a copy from that user).
*Muppet Classic Theater (I know that Jim Lewis would like for this to be released again, though I think this is actually good enough for a stand-alone release. Then again, so is the Valentine special).

Out of those, I would most want to have footage from The Muppet Show on Tour and The Muppet Show Live.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just now saw a commercial for season two on "Disney" DVD, looks like fun!

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am so happy to hear about the complete and uncut episodes that is so great, i read the review of the set and pictures are great.

i love the package and the DVDs so great I CAN'T WAIT MISS PIGGY ON THE BOX YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AND UNCUT EPISODES YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:excited:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Exclusive Season 2 clips

hey all, i dont know if anyone mentioned this but disneymovierewards.com has two clips up from Season 2. If you just register on the site, or log-in with any disney online account and click "member benefits" there are 2 clips. One is a sketch and the other is Kermit and Fozzie talking, which appears to be part of "muppets on muppets". Enjoy!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
RockSTAR girl i tried to register but it would not accept my password choices. I tried 10 of them and none of them work.

JayDeeMac

Reaction score
Hi JayDeeMac, I'm also in the UK and have ordered it through m:smile: ovietyme.com who have told me that they are only stocking the felt packaging and it's £19.99. Hope this helps:smile:

Well after 9 days I finally heard back from Movietyme and got a completely different answer than you did. This is what I was told -

"At the moment we are only receiving the standard DVD version. We hope that we will be able to obtain the felt packaging, yet we cannot guarantee this to you right now."

For the moment I have cancelled my order. I will try and see if I can find somewhere else that guarantees the felt cover or wait and see if Movietyme gets it in.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ahhh. ONLY hours to go til 12am (EST), sadly the WalMart near me is no longer 24hours, and plus I wouldnt beable to buy it at midnight as I have to be to work by 6am, BUT... i did manage to take 3 hours va-ka time! :big_grin: hehe so I'll be out of there at 11am come home change and call the near WalMart buy me 1st and see IF thay have the "felt" cover, IF not then I'll call Kmart and IF thay dont I'll try the SUPER WalMart thats like 30mins from me and drive there..... I REALLY want the felt cover as I missed out on the kermit S1 box set flet cover. :boo: oh well :smirk:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey, mickey muppet, I'm gonna check at my Wal-Mart first, too, if they don't have the felt cover I'm gonna call over to Target and see if they do, but, again, they're like thirty minutes away,a nd I really don't wanna drive all that way... :smirk: I just want my SET! :excited: GO MUPPETS!