Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I asked Craig Shemin about the absence of the morsels and the promos on the new set. He said that there was a different dvd producer on this set and they did some things differntly. He did say that he would love to have that stuff on there again.
SIGH. It makes me very sad that people will change the format of an established thing just because they think it should be done a little differently for the next installment.
If the morsels were discontinued because of the popularity vote against them winning over those who were for, I would understand though naturally I'd be disappointed about it. But to cut them out irrespective of the popular consensus is just a crying shame as far as I'm concerned.:cry: :frown:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Okay, I don't think I've heard any official confimration of them giving up on the guides, but the first season guide was added in may 2002, and the second season guide was added in december 2003, and we haven't had any guides added since.
Dear me. Has it really been as long as all that since our last added guide?
Well then, now I really understand your feelings my friend. But I'm still optimistically hopeful that more guides will come one day.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
SIGH. It makes me very sad that people will change the format of an established thing just because they think it should be done a little differently for the next installment.
If the morsels were discontinued because of the popularity vote against them winning over those who were for, I would understand though naturally I'd be disappointed about it. But to cut them out irrespective of the popular consensus is just a crying shame as far as I'm concerned.:cry: :frown:
Yeah I definitely concur... :cry:

spcglider

Reaction score
they did it was a mistake disney made when they put it all together
Hmmm... which means that something ELSE is missing in it's place?

That particular piece is one of my faves. The whole thing is hilariously funny and beautifully timed. The characters are at their peak and rebound off each other perfectly.

-G

Super Scooter

Reaction score

-G
No, there are 2 UK spots in the episode now. The Timelife release is exactly the same, only without the English Country Garden sketch.

Reaction score
As a way of apologizing for the missing sketches in the first season set they decided to include sketches twice on season two. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On the first set Disney (most likely) mistakenly excluded two Muppet News sketches from the Joel Grey episode, and on the second set they mistakenly included English Country Garden in two episodes. We all assume that this is due to certain masters being used. Maybe on the next set Disney will use a master with unaired footage (I've heard that the Harry Belafonte episode had a scene cut where Harry argues with somebody).

MrsPepper

Reaction score

That particular piece is one of my faves. The whole thing is hilariously funny and beautifully timed. The characters are at their peak and rebound off each other perfectly.

-G
I think it's explained in the review Phil did... the theory is that Disney had more than one master copy of that episode, so they picked the one with the longest running time. It had two UK sketches in it originally, but they ended up moving one over to another episode to fill time. So, this master copy did not have the duplicate removed, thus we have two copies of it.

Makes sense? :confused:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I've always loved the Nureyev episode. Like many other guest stars, I first heard of Nureyev via TMS. And wasn't he one of the first stars to approach Jim and ask if he could be on the show? I'm not into ballet, don't know much about its history, and only know a few of the really big names. But this is a solid, entertaining episode overall, from the opening backstage to the Mayhem to Sam mistaking Nureyev for a "hippie" and a "weirdo" to Link and Piggy singing opera to "Swine Lake," this is one of my favorite TMS episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I think it's sad that this set has a different producer who chose to make it different from the first set and not have morsels or promos, due to the differences between the sets I sort of want the next set to have a different style regarding features from both sets. Weird. Considering the fact that the first set had morsels in every episode but only a few promos, maybe a future set could have morsels in just a few episodes but the promos for every episode included.