1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 19, 2012.

?

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

1. The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Muppets DVD

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

I bought the Wal-Mart special with the finger puppets but sadly I have no Blu-Ray. :(But my friend does so I'm going over to see it. :) We both love the Muppets so I'm pretty sure he'll let me. :fanatic: I have to learn to stop using the emoticons after sentence. :attitude:
    mo likes this.
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

before you stop :) where did the walter one come from?
  3. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

Philip made it after the update under (fanatic)
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  4. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite I could care less about the extras I just love the movie.
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

yea im a behind the scenes specials kinda guy...thats what got me more into the muppets and puppetry
  7. Pinkflower7783

So has any of the other best buys got in anymore of luncboxes in yalls area? There's still only one store that's about 35 mins away me that has some. The rest are sold out.
  8. Pinkflower7783

I know that's right. Speaking of have you gotten your lunchbox yet?
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

watched ONCE yesterday (before my Parents wanted to barrow it, dad said he laughed hard at the end with Mah na mah na! lol) so they (my mom and dad) bougt it when they went to walmart today...IM watching it right now again lol, i know i know...now my brother and his gf want to see 2marrow! :)
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

Lol! You must live in a relationship of Walters! :fanatic:
  11. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Y'know, I think that if you get the DVD/Blu Ray + Finger Puppets, you don't get ALL of the deleted scenes, because I've read the book, and seen comercials for the movie, and theres still scenes I have not seen, or not seen the full versions of. You can also tell, because in the bloopers, there's scenes that they messed up on, that aren't in the deleted scenes section, nor the movie. So, now I need the Wocka Wocka Value pack as well. More money to spend! But that's what I get for being a
    ---------->:fanatic:

Good Stuff, I'm noticing a lot more things in the movie, now that I've already watched it a thousand times! I'm starting to memorize the movie too! Hooray!!!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

All Blu-rays have the same special features.
    The only difference with the Wocka Wocka pack is an extra disc that contains a digital download of the film and there's supposed to be a special feature about Walter's Trailer. I haven't had the chance to see that yet. :fanatic:
  13. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

STARTING to memorize? Ha, and you call yourself a Walter...
    I HAVE memorized it! I go to bed at 9:30 and after I get into bed, I watch it (not on my TV) over and over again (particularly the Rainbow Connection scene and the blooper reel). Walter? HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH don't make me laugh! Oh wait, too late.
    miss kermie likes this.
  14. miss kermie

Which one did you get? Did you get the Wocka Wocka value pack?

And the DVD is a digital download. At least the one I got.
  15. miss kermie

When I say, starting, I mean, I was processing the movie, and I'm starting to finish memorizing it!!! And I'm still a better Walter than you!!! Respect your few years older than you elders! =P
  16. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

Come on! You wanna bet? Plus, I finished the whole movie a long, long, long, long, long x5 time ago!
  17. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

you know, i'm not exactly sure why disney is so set on hiding the puppeteers, even in special features and stuff. there's a behind the scenes video of MCC that had everything shown on it, and they still had the characters talking as themselves and all, but also interviews and clips with people like frank oz and dave goelz and everybody
  18. miss kermie

Maybe they didn't want younger fans to find out that Miss Piggy was a guy underneath, just yet...
  19. miss kermie

Argh! That's it Warldorf! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yes, I have the Wocka pack. It's a 3 disc set - Blu-ray, DVD and digital download. Muppet Central's review of the release illustrates the different pack. As I stated before, the Digital Download disc (the third disc) is the only thing different. The special features on the Blu-rays are uniform. ;)