Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Of course, this was the one recent appearance that I missed! :sympathy:

Any chance that they'll re-air soon?

spcglider

Reaction score
I was on set for three days of the shoot. I was actually in the room just before they shot the Bunsen & Beaker shtick. There was quite a bit of fuss about the Beaker puppet. Originally they intended it to be the "steam out the ears" Beaker, but the fog machine they wanted to use just didn't have a proper hook-up to make the gag work. So at the request of Steve Whitmire, they hurriedly swapped out to the "light up eyes" Beaker. And yes... you noticed what I notice right away in the footage: Beaker's mouth was funkily askew for some reason. But I do have to say, there were about 15 production people in a creepy basement room that was maybe 12 foot by 12 foot! That included the director, the assistant director, the pyrotechnic guy for the gag, the four Muppeteers, the producer, the assistant producer, the Muppet supprt person, the sound guy... the list goes on. I finally extracted myself after the fog machine just wasn't going to work. They didn't need me in the space taking up air, you know?

I have plenty more on-set tales to tell but they'll have to be peppered through the thread... too many to just blort out all at once.

Oh, yes... and I built Gonzo's cannon. :smile:

-Gordon

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Dude! That's just totally awesome that you got to work on that set for a bit. :excited:

As sad as I was to see that Rowlf didn't play the piano during the song it was cool to see Paul play.

spcglider

Reaction score
Rowlf, as far as I could determine, was not on-set at all. Its now Bill Baretta that is performing Rowlf and he was mucho busy handling all his own. I would have loved to been in proximity to Rowlf, for sure!

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
Oh yes... and SPECIAL DANGER PROPS to Dave Goelz who ACTUALLY climbed up on top of the rickety garage roof to perform Gonzo through the hole!

-Gordon

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You bulit the Cannon! how cool was that? What kind of desinge did you use?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey G, that's so awesome that you got to be there pressed in the tiny basement with those 15 other people...Or something less weird...Anyway! If you have stories, we obviously wanna hear 'em! I think it's awesome that there's a "Steam-outta-the-ears" Beaker and a light-up-eyes Beaker...That never even occoured to me before!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea, I thought Beaker looked kinda weird at the end. But I've never seen the light up eyes version, so it kinda made up for it.

Did Steve have to sign a saftey waiver or something for that roof shot?