Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

goshposh

Reaction score
beaker said:
Maybe it was Rizzo saying "I think I feel a b**chslap coming on"....but if this isn't the final nail in the coffin, the spear of Loninus in the side... for our beloved pals
um, johnny was wearing the plastic so the blood wouldnt get all over his new jacket. and rizzo says "witchslap" not b**chslap. the muppets have done this type of worldplay before "my assets are frozen" "thats a hull of a ship" "just for the halibut" "he's a basskisser" i could go on. man somebody wasnt paying attention to the movie

Beauregard

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
Ever since Jerry Juhl hasn't been involved with the writing process the dialogue has just been horrible. They were all totally out of character.
Ahha! At last someone who agrees with me!

Reaction score
Please ,don't Let The Muppets Go Hip Hop

to be fair as i can i onlt saw the last hour. Ashanti sucked I thought it was a cheesey way to appeal to the hip hop culture be adding a nearly all black cast. The fact she is a singer and was a playing one on film did not appeal to me. I did not laugh once in the entire last hour. It was good to see a big role by Pepe, and more Jonny Fiama and Sal, and Crazy Harry. But I had now real passion for any of the outcome of there roles. This Could have been an awesome parody muppet movie but it just failed for me. And Please, Please, Please , Don't Let The Muppets Go Hip Hop

unclematt

Reaction score
Okay everybody. I have waited a little while to post to make sure all the thoughts were clear in my head. I was very pleased with the final product. The movie was excelently written and the Muppets were performed very well.

Some areas I was a little concerned with were Fozzie's voice toward the beginning of th movie. Ashanti also seemed very dull, I think I expected more from her after seeing Coach Carter. (She is still one of the hottest entertainers around). I would have liked for each member of the EM to have had lines. Rowlf should have had lines.

Some areas that made me very happy. Scooter was perfect, what a great role for him. Suprised to See Bean Bunny so early in the movie. Jeffery Tambour was excellent as the Wizard. Sam the Eagle was great, surprised to see him in the movie as well. Bunsen and Beaker were hilarious as were Statler and Waldorf. I loved the flying monkies. What a great idea. I usually am not a Piggy fan but she was fantastic as all 4 witches and her song was great as well.

Overall I am very happy and will add this movie to my DVD collection. I love the Muppets (as any true poster to this site already knows) and I truly believe they are in the beginnings of a huge comeback. I am looking forward to many years of the Muppets and sharing them with my kids.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
While MWoO wasn't the greatest Muppet production ever done, it does show promise. While I do have some issues with it, I really think that all things considered they did a good job of "muppetizing" the Wizard of Oz. As this script shows, it is hard to meld a recognizable character with another role, and maintain both characters' integrity. Take Rizzo for instance. Steve has to voice him as Rizzo so we recognize him, but at the same time he has to convince the audience that this is the Munchkin Mayor.
Yes everyone wants their favorite character to get more screen time, and has quibbles about the way the voices sound. However, I think they did an excellent job of packing as many recognizable muppets into the cast as they could, and were very true to the book. (A rarity these days.) There certainly was room for improvement, but I think that this was one of the best Muppet productions in quite a while.

Overall: B-

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
That said, this film exemplifies the willingness of writers and audiences to settle for low standards indeed.
Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you said. Especially the JLo and Manalo references- I don't get what Manalo is, except it obviously must be a designer brand.
But there were redeeming moments. I am trying to block the rest of it from my memory.
*Hugs, missed ya, Beebs*

MWoO

Reaction score
Were you people expecting GOLD here?

It was not as bad as many of you make it out to be. It was not the worst production of all time. It was not hideous. It was a made for TV movie with a low budget that still had some cool stuff in it and some funny lines. And if one more ADULT complains about being ofended by the nipple joke I am going to scream. We all have nipples. Everyone! It's the same as a hand or a foot or a leg or a butt. We all got those things, so stop being offended by something you see everytime you get undressed.

christyb

Reaction score
Ok, here's my two cents worth. I laughed yes, and although I've held up high expectations....(Boy did I ever think I'd say something bad about this movie) and I was disappointed. I'm sorry guys. Ya'll want "adult". I just want my favorite characters back. I'm sick of the potty humor and whatnot else. I'll buy the movie, but I'm not the happiest with it. (Ok, and for all you Swaehb members, I did squeal when I saw Steve and Dave). However, I do see a lot of potential in this movie. I think we're on the right road. Despite all my whinings about what is wrong.

P.S. Beebers!!! Loads of hugs to you. I missed seeing you around here!! Tell Kev, I said Hi. No wait..I'll tell him myself since neither of us have a life and email all the time :wink:. Anyways...Missed ya!

Janis_joplin

Reaction score
Better than expected

The first hour was rushed and had a very weak plot, it seemed like they rushed through the setup of the movie.
What I was impressed with and noticed was the amount of ADULT humor. Seeing some characters sweetums, the bikers, and of course my all time favorite Electric Mayhem.

My favorite part of the whole movie was the wicked witch in the cave scene, it was well put together and was the dark side of the muppets that I have not seen since the Muppet show.

All in all it was better than I expected, much better than that last pirate movie, I even liked that they went off with their own version somewhat.

And of course Animal as always should have had a bigger role! :halo:

TomTKH

Reaction score
Oz now a victim of Urban Trash

Now that almost every TV series/cartoon has been trashed by the film industry, it does not surprise me that greedy Disney Corporation (a.k.a., slave owners, ask their employees) would TRASH The Wizard of Oz. They cast a girl who clearly comes from a garbage heap herself. The opening sequence was nothing but a promotion for her CD (WHO would buy that garbage??) The writing was awful, full of urban trash jokes, and of course, they always have to throw in a burp. WHY is that funny? It is disgusting. People who burp are disgusting. I will try to organize as many people as I can to RIOT ABC. Ever since they bought Disney (I really DO feel sorry for the memory of Walt Disney) they have TRASHED every aspect of Walt Disney's vision. Because they are GREEDY and produce what they think young (future trash-heaps) want to see/hear. ABC/Disney: go in to the RAP business, where you belong, and take your Muppet Oz movie with you.