Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I haven't decided yet

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters

Ernie101

Reaction score
I stopped watching because I wanted to see the episodes in chronological order.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I'm up to the Candice Bergan episode. So far, I'm not too upset at the cuts made, except for one. With the cut song from the Charles Aznavour episode, it also cuts one of my favorite Statler and Waldorf lines

Waldorf: I love french singing
Statler: I love french fries
Waldorf: French fries? I don't get it
Statler: Well, you didn't order any.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hopefully getting it next week and I can't wait; even with the ridiculous edits.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Vic, they're really not that bad. It's frustrating to think about it, but overall it doesn't detract. Stay positive man...

Ernie101

Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual listing in chronological order? It would be a lot of help, thanks.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm on the disc 4. I haven't watch any yet I just finished 3rd disc. I've been loving it so much. I've been watching the episodes and looking at my "Muppet Show Book." Its cool to see the skits in this book refured to the ones on the episodes. Even in the book there's are some cuts that were made kind of. Like the opening in the book is the new openings instead of the first season openings. Since most of the skits are fron the first seasons. But I can't wait for more sets to come. I'll be buying "MWOO" tonight since I get paid. Can't wait to see the 20 minutes that were cut for the airing version.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The shows are on the disks in the order they were produced, you'll want to watch them that way. They aired in a slightly different order, because they wanted to start with stronger materiel than the first and second episodes.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Did anyone see that Yahoo Movies has it on their site with some clips that you can watch? I just thought I would pass that along to folks, cause I thought it was neat.

~angela

dbarrie

Reaction score
Easter eggs?

Has anybody here come across any Easter eggs in the box set? I'm curious to know if any of those discs contain surprise footage. Part of the fun of owning DVDs for me is searching for Easter eggs.

OI Muppet Fan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
my review

I just bought it today, and so far I have watched four episodes (two with morsels on, two without morsels), the muppet show: sex and violence, the pitch tape, and the promo reel. My box has a furry cover. I think it is weird that the back cover didn't have any pictures from the actual shows (I would have expected pictures from Mahna Mahna at least). Here are my thoughts on the various episodes:

*Juliet Prowse: this is the first episode I watched on this set. I thouhgt it was great. I didn't really care much for Juliet prowses first act, but the rest was great, including the stuff I had already seen elsewhere (mahna mahna, Gonzo eating a tire). I thouhgt that the western sketch was funny. Temptation was good but not as good as I had expected. four stars.

*Connie Stevens: I thought that Connie Stevens was a great guest, and actually like this episode better than the first episode. She was great with the mutations, in the talk spot, and with ernie and bert. ernie and berts scene was great, although considering kermit announced in the opening that Ernie and bert were in the episode, it is strange that they didn't do more on the show. Bert being nervous would have made a great backstage plot (although I guess that for the secodn episode the writers wanted to focues on the shows regular characters). five stars.

*Valerie Harper: I don't think I had seen or heard any of the acts here in any form (compilation videos, anniversary specials, The Muppet Show Book, etc.), and it is a shame that nothing from this episode was included on any other things (that I am aware of). I liked Bernie The Make-Up man, and think that he might have continued to be a regular character if john Lovelady had stayed on the show (then again, Crazy harry was recast, and he wasn't any more major in the first season than he was in the rest of the series). one nitpick about the morsels: it is said that this episode was the only one where Statler appeared backstage. Didn't he appear backstage when he hosted the hal Miller episode (I haven't seen that one, so I could be wrong)? five stars.

*Kaye Ballard: I think i is sad that we never learn how/ why the band decided to continue playing the music. Considering that this is the secodn to last episode of the first season, perhaps Kermit made a deal by having the entire openign changed for the second season (and reruns), although mysteriously, the electric mayhem would play in the opening number in the next episode. I liked kayes number with Thog (I think I had seen the picture of thog from this number before and thought it looked similar to "Real Live Girl", which, according to the morsels, inspired this skit) as well as vendaface and the barbershop sketch. It is odd that the morsels don't point out dave Goelz' head being seen in the last number (or Eren Ozkars reflection in the vendaface skit). Two minor nitpicks on the muppet morsels: I think it is odd that, during the talk spot, the morsels randomly mention a fact about Rizzo (they should have saved that one for seasons four or five). Also, the morsels refer to the old man in the U.K. Spot as gramps, even though that is the name of the old man from the secodn jugband (and I thought the old mans name was Paul). I also think it is weird that the morsels point out that the female trumpet player didn't have a specific name, but didn't mention that she was called Trumpet Girl in the scripts. I do like how it mentions that Lips replaced her as the trumpet player in the last season. five stars.

*promo gag reel: I don't know why this is called a gag reel, but the promos are great. it is odd that only three of the guest stars are shown. I liked the one with Statler and waldorf, but think it is weird that Statler didn't talk. I wonder if Richard Hunt performed him there, or if he was performed by Frank Oz. four stars.

*pitch tape: it was great hearing what leo sounded like, and I think it is odd how many of the images are from Sesame Street, since that show made it tough for the networks to buy the show. I think the kermit illustration looked a bit weird. It is also interesting that images from the original Java and Mahna Mahna sketches are shown. four stars.

*sex and violence: I thought this was hilarious. I wonder what the show would have been like if this was the format used. It is a shame that (to my knowledge) none of the seven deadley sins were used again in any other production. I wonder if the houses were meant to be a replacement for the mt. rushmore presidents. five stars.