You're Just Lucky SpongeBob's Not On.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ooops! Meant to bleep out the vowel. H*y, wh*t's th* pr*bl*m w*th v*w*ls *nyw*y?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Ooops! Meant to bleep out the vowel. H*y, wh*t's th* pr*bl*m w*th v*w*ls *nyw*y?
It's ok...sadly, not every site can have the freedom of Tough Pigs. ^_^

Btw, that ALF shirts sounds great!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, the Alf shirt was pretty cool.

Hey, Drtooth, you were right. It was just an irony. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Spongebob is a liottle to mainstream, though. I mean, I like Spongebob a lot, but I agree with trekee (or however it;s spelt) I used to like Rugrats until they showed nothing BUT rugrats over and over (Since I don't have cable, it's my only chance to go over someone's house and see CATDOG, Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold and stuff like that.)

It's kinda weird. I mean, until last year, when I actually saw Spongebob I wanted nothing to do with it.. Now I like the show quite a bit. Same thing with Jimmy Neutron. I really hated that ice cream hairdooed freak, then I borrowed the video and saw it, and I thought it was pretty funny (especially Carl).

But I digress. I just miss all the 1960's cartoons they reran when I was a kid!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Spongebob is a liottle to mainstream, though. I mean, I like Spongebob a lot, but I agree with trekee (or however it;s spelt) I used to like Rugrats until they showed nothing BUT rugrats over and over (Since I don't have cable, it's my only chance to go over someone's house and see CATDOG, Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold and stuff like that.)

It's kinda weird. I mean, until last year, when I actually saw Spongebob I wanted nothing to do with it.. Now I like the show quite a bit. Same thing with Jimmy Neutron. I really hated that ice cream hairdooed freak, then I borrowed the video and saw it, and I thought it was pretty funny (especially Carl).

But I digress. I just miss all the 1960's cartoons they reran when I was a kid!
Dr. Tooth! Your back...and your new purple cookie monster icon! Darn that looks cool! Btw, gotta love that new Alf shirt at Hot Topic slamming Spongebob Poo Pants!

GWGumby

Reaction score
I too applaud Sponebob as a wonderful show. Where else can you see an entire episode about a Sponge having the time of his life playing with a plain piece of white paper?

What I'm not looking forward to is the inevitable Spongebob movie. If it's not in production yet, I'm sure it will be soon. Seems like everything playing on Nick or Cartoon Network gets a theatrical release nowadays. Sadly, few tv shows can recover after a feature film is released.

I'm trying to think of all the shows, live & cartoon that had a movie made while the show was still on TV that remained successful or became more successful afterwards. I really can't think of any.

Then there's the TV series spin-offs from movies which seldom are able to capture the spirit of the film it came from since it's usually different actors and production people. Jimmy Neutron is about the only show I can think of that doesn't appear too dissimilar from it movie source.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
I too applaud Sponebob as a wonderful show. Where else can you see an entire episode about a Sponge having the time of his life playing with a plain piece of white paper?
As David Letterman would say(tugging at the side of his colar) 'Yeeeeeeeuggggghhhh'

As for Spongebob, could he look any more 1940's Germany youth camp like?

Movies205

Reaction score
Frogboy check Neon Genesis EVangelion or Trigun.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
A Spongebob movie is in production, yes. I think I heard a 2004 or 05 release.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
Frogboy check Neon Genesis EVangelion or Trigun.
Are those anime films? It's been a while since I posted, so I don't know exactly what that is in response to. Are they available for rental?