You're Just Lucky SpongeBob's Not On.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
Frogboy check Neon Genesis EVangelion or Trigun.
OMG Neon Genesis Evangelion has to be one of the coolest anime series ever! And Trigun rocks to, tho the animation isnt much to write home about(but the toys rock!)

Good to see other big anime fans on here! Anime and Muppets, a great source of imagination and nutrition!

Originally posted by trekkie1701E
A Spongebob movie is in production, yes. I think I heard a 2004 or 05 release.
Yikes, the nightmare continues...

Movies205

Reaction score
Yes I am an anime fan too, lol. I'm just a big mix of every thing mainstream, cult, anime, w/e my love for Movies and anything movie related is what drives me to this point lol(I want become a movie director when I grow up).

-Neon Genesis Evangelion- Is not shown on TV, you have to rent it.

-Trigun- Will be shown on Cartoon Network soon but they will butcher it in editing.(You can get all the episodes on ebay for like 20-40 bux)

-Cowboy Bebop pretty good too

These are Anime...

A nice kiddy anime is Digimon it everything pokemon is not. It very good but it not hugely mature like the other 3 cartoons are.

As for SpongeBob, I thought the same thing too, must be a stupid show but beyond the stupidity all is a pretty solid show.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Check it!

Here is a little Flashtoon I made for a friend of mine who was having a bad week. I think you will enjoy it. I do that sort of stuff for a lot of my friends. Don't forget to press the reset button. This is all my vector artwork in Flash. :smile:CLICK HERE!!!!

That's a friend of mine who turned me on to Spongebob. I'm glad he did.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Check it!

Originally posted by frogboy4
Here is a little Flashtoon I made for a friend of mine who was having a bad week. I think you will enjoy it. I do that sort of stuff for a lot of my friends. Don't forget to press the reset button. This is all my vector artwork in Flash. :smile:CLICK HERE!!!!

That's a friend of mine who turned me on to Spongebob. I'm glad he did.
Hehe, man youre a trip:wink: I might not like Spongebob, but this was pretty amusing.

*me, who needs to get cracking on my own flash project*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

What I'm not looking forward to is the inevitable Spongebob movie. If it's not in production yet, I'm sure it will be soon. Seems like everything playing on Nick or Cartoon Network gets a theatrical release nowadays. Sadly, few tv shows can recover after a feature film is released.

I'm trying to think of all the shows, live & cartoon that had a movie made while the show was still on TV that remained successful or became more successful afterwards. I really can't think of any.

Then there's the TV series spin-offs from movies which seldom are able to capture the spirit of the film it came from since it's usually different actors and production people. Jimmy Neutron is about the only show I can think of that doesn't appear too dissimilar from it movie source.
I can't agree more. I felt silly one day in the summer, and they had a bargain $4.00 movie matenee near a theater near school (I had to take an extra summer course, because the required class didn't fit into my sechudal that time) and I saw the Powerpuff movie. I liked it and all, but it was a box office disaster, and Now I don't see them as much anymore.

You also forgot Disney. When it doesn't cheapqual a movie for Theatrical release, sometimes they make a movie based on one of their shows. There was Ducktales, Goofy Movie (Goof Troop), Doug and Recess. These were made before they decided to cancell these shows (I'm guessing). There was supposedly a Movie about Teacher's Pet (a nice little cartoon with the voices of Nathan Lane, David Ogden Steirs, and Jerry Stiller as a Dog, cat and Bird respectively, and based on the eccentric illustraitions of Gary Baseman, who designed the show) but they sold out and decided to release that Jungle Book 2 instead apparently... sigh.. that would have been a cool movie....

Though I must say, the live action Scooby doo (like it or not.. in my case, I am embarassed to say that I liked it...) was a shock hit of the summer, and Scooby Doo is just as Popular as ever.... oddly enough. You don't hear much of Yogi Bear or Fred Flinstone much.. but always Scooby...

Anyway, about Jimmy Neutron, I saw an episode of his show on cable, and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasa quite good and all, which is why I decided to borrow the movie. It was very good, I just had problems with the pop music in the background. But of course, the movie seemed to be a preview of the show itself.

And about Spongebob's attire... Basically I think he was dressed by a Drew Carey/ Pee Wee Herman wanna be. He looks more like a special needs kid to me.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Re: Cory

Originally posted by frogboy4

Anime... Just seems like stuff for teenage boys who can't get dates. (I don't fall in that category) :wink:
Hay I resent that! I'm a teenage boy who can't get a date, and I Hate anime!

I shouldn't have said that. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL. Your statement made my night. I only really half meant that. Just not an anime fan.

But here I sit on a Friday night - working on my computer and have rented a movie. Sigh. But that's by choice - I could throw a rock out the window and hit a potential date in this city, but it's not nice to thow rocks a people. Or so I'm told. :big_grin: Just got sick of the scene last year.

The reason behind my not liking anime is the low frame rate under 8 images per second (everyone knows that by now) the flat, linear quality of the characters, the big purple eyes characters tend to have, the shock (sometimes sexual in nature) for shock sake and the plots that just don't make sense. I am encouraged by Spirited Away and hope I get to see it on DVD soon. I have read good press about it - especially a nice write-up in Variety. It might change my mind, or at least keep me from painting all of anime with one brush.