YouTube law fight 'threatens net'

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That reminds me of when Warner Brothers went on that Chipmunks video-deleting spree a few months ago... some of my friends suggested I do a video where Steve rants to Warner Brothers for taking our munks away from us, lol.
I want to see that!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Quite honestly, people will find loop holes around Viacom and still upload stuff that Viacom doesn't want to be on youtue. It could be a music video (main reason why I go to youtube), watch an episode of a tv show, a movie, or a clip of a televiision show or clip to a movie.

The way I see it, people who upload things that could violate a copyright issue arent harming anyone. The only thing that is harmful to people is when people hav to uploead stupid stuff like someone trying to sing a song r commenting on their life or an issue they're having! (I mean really, no one cares!)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I want to see that!
Lol! Well, since several episodes have been resurfacing, and a lot of us have been downloading them ourselves, I guess it wouldn't be very relevant now.

Quite honestly, people will find loop holes around Viacom and still upload stuff that Viacom doesn't want to be on youtue. It could be a music video (main reason why I go to youtube), watch an episode of a tv show, a movie, or a clip of a televiision show or clip to a movie.

The way I see it, people who upload things that could violate a copyright issue arent harming anyone. The only thing that is harmful to people is when people hav to uploead stupid stuff like someone trying to sing a song r commenting on their life or an issue they're having! (I mean really, no one cares!)
RYAN! LONG TIME, NO SEE!

But yeah, I agree, you make a very interesting point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've considered getting Firefox, but I just can't bring myself to abandon Internet Explorer, despite all of its faults, kind of like Windows in general. Besides, the closings seem to only happen with Comcast.

I have both. It's a good idea to have both, in the event Windows doesn't work right when you open a site up. Muppet Wiki for some reason has been doing this on IE, but Firefox works like a dream.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The only thing that is harmful to people is when people hav to uploead stupid stuff like someone trying to sing a song r commenting on their life or an issue they're having! (I mean really, no one cares!)
It's called video blogging silly (the talking not the singing, although the singing can be fun, you should try it if you can sing), and please we already get enough bad comments about how we look ugly and our voices are weird :frown:. That sort of attitude is why I turned on screened comments. Gah, it's like being back in grade school again :stick_out_tongue:.
Some of us do like learning about other people :wink:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Ryan on this one. Unless you have something REALLY interresting, a vlog is as useless as a blog. no one cares about everyone's opinions. That is, unless you do something great with it.

I considered trying my hands at creating a puppet vlog, but then I have to build the puppet, by the desk camera.... nah... don't want to do it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Ryan on this one. Unless you have something REALLY interresting, a vlog is as useless as a blog. no one cares about everyone's opinions. That is, unless you do something great with it.

I considered trying my hands at creating a puppet vlog, but then I have to build the puppet, by the desk camera.... nah... don't want to do it.
Most people don't care (and yet somehow watch all the way though and have strong reactions anyway, hm :wink: ), I happen to have found a handful of people who listen to one another. Of course being a member of the pokemon/My Little Pony/ and disabled communities helps. But a vblog is not useless, it may seem that way because people are so quick to judge, but it's no worst than a written blog all and all, that we fill with memes. Usually, unlike my written blog, I actually have something thoughtful to say, if people leave their judgment at the door (and yes, there are some nice people on the internet that will listen to you).

At the very least I'm not posting 'look how big my mouth is' videos or flashing for the camera. That, I think, counts for something :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I saw a vblog once about how great Adam West was and how he played the roll of the principle on the last season of The Adventures Of Pete And Pete. I thought that one was pretty cool!

Oh yeah! It was a complaint about how Viacom would not release the Third Season on DVD and why they didn't and why they should. Adam West is a good reason in my book.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I saw a vblog once about how great Adam West was and how he played the roll of the principle on the last season of The Adventures Of Pete And Pete. I thought that one was pretty cool!

Oh yeah! It was a complaint about how Viacom would not release the Third Season on DVD and why they didn't and why they should. Adam West is a good reason in my book.
Yep ^.^! It's all about a blog finding it's target group:excited:. Everyone cares about something someone else does, and you can actually make nice new friends from blogging (unless they are the famous types that don't talk to anyone anymore, but given how mean most commenters are on youtube I'm not surprised they stay above it all, good and bad :embarrassed:)

And Pete and Pete :big_grin:! I love Pete and Pete! ^.^
I wish Nick still showed the episode about the ice cream man every summer...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If you're writing or talking about a topic people are interested in, then they do care. So I don't think they're useless. :smile: