YouTube law fight 'threatens net'

Redsonga

Reaction score
What remains to be seen is whether fleeting online anger gels into persistent antipathy against Viacom
"Fleeting?" They don't know us very well,do they? :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What remains to be seen is whether fleeting online anger gels into persistent antipathy against Viacom. A great many boycotts are launched, but few arouse enough passion to last and change corporate behavior or policy. Certainly, Viacom is unlikely to abandon its copyright claim against YouTube because of the complaints of YouTube users.
Unfortunately, that's true.

And for the record, Viacom DOES suck.

And I think the Youtube Poop should be protected under some sort of parody law.

I'm just itchin' to do some.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm TRYING to get a YouTube Poop on, but the thing of it is, I had to do it in Macromedia Flash since my Windows Movie Maker is infected.

I can export it as either a .swf, or an .avi... .swf is a low file size, and still retains good quality, but it isn't supported by YouTube, meanwhile, the quality is just as good in .avi, but the file size, for some reason, rises to anywhere between 200 and 300 MB!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You could just wait for it to upload.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At 1-5 minutes per MB, I'm looking at HOURS of uploading time; not to mention how really screwed up my internet connection with Comcast is, for all I know, the window can just close automatically, then I'd have to start all over again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh yeah. That happens to my computer too. When I try to upload something, it doesn't work the the internet gets all screwed up. Now, I upload it through AOL or Firefox (they don't harm my internet in any way)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, I upload it through AOL or Firefox (they don't harm my internet in any way)
I've considered getting Firefox, but I just can't bring myself to abandon Internet Explorer, despite all of its faults, kind of like Windows in general. Besides, the closings seem to only happen with Comcast.

As for AOL, they're as slow as dial-up for me.

ISNorden

Reaction score
If I had a decent singing voice, and an all-instrumental version of the Sesame Street theme on this PC...I'd create an anti-Viacom protest clip of my own. (Yes, I wrote a parody dealing with the Noggin-related account suspensions; each verse ended with "Can you tell how mad we get/When we lose our Sesame Street?") :crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
If I had a decent singing voice, and an all-instrumental version of the Sesame Street theme on this PC...I'd create an anti-Viacom protest clip of my own. (Yes, I wrote a parody dealing with the Noggin-related account suspensions; each verse ended with "Can you tell how mad we get/When we lose our Sesame Street?") :crazy:
Aww man! I have to admit that it sounds awesome!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That reminds me of when Warner Brothers went on that Chipmunks video-deleting spree a few months ago... some of my friends suggested I do a video where Steve rants to Warner Brothers for taking our munks away from us, lol.